Do you play a musical instrument? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Do you play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, & Art' started by Raijun, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I used to play the piano when I was much younger. I don't seem to be playing much of a musical instrument anymore. I don't really miss it, to be honest. I would have rather had the experience of using a much finer instrument, such as a stringed instrument operated with a bow. You require real finesse to use it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I'm currently relearning to play the Ocarina again. My species played flute-like instruments and I have forgotten because it's been thousands of years since I've played last.

3. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I wish I could say I was a master at the Cello..... Or I even knew how to play one..... When I hear it playing I can't help but feel emotions, it's as it it is willing me to get up and dance a graceful dance~ If I were to play any, it would be that. Although... I would probably end up getting far too into my songs and begin to sway obnoxiously around and probably end up getting my hair stuck in it multiple times before I grow the sense to sadly put it back...... Yes I've thought about it a lot XD hahah <3

4. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Or maybe just seven years?

Haha I'm sorry, I had to.

I don't think I'd ever want to play the Ocarina. It's so small and easy to swallow. I'm unlucky like that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    I tried learning the violin once. It didn't turn out well.

6. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    It's all good and the one I have is inspired by the elves in Lord of the Rings.

7. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I spent around seven years (or was it more?) learning to play the violin, but after a egotistical teacher took over I stopped and switched to choir. It was because of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that I have tried to learn to play the ocarina on and off.

8. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.85
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I have attempted learning quite a few instruments over the years. I have attempted the organ, the violin, the viola, the flute, the piano, the keyboard, the trumpet, the trombone, and also voice. Mainly I play by ear and what feels right.

9. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    When I was in middle school I was in band and played the trumpet. I was pretty good too, but I stopped because I became infinitely more interested in tennis and martial arts. Currently I play different kinds of flutes. I have three different bamboo flutes: Native American style flute Kiowa tribe inspired, then I have a six holed flute in E minor, and a five holed pentatonic scale flute. Out of all of them I like the sounds of the native flute the most and that's what I play most--still love the others though.

10. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I play guitar and does singing count?

11. klawl

klawl Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Ha, funny story. So there are flutes all over my house. 2 keyless wood flutes, 3 keyed metal flutes, one silver and gold plated, very nice. My mom was a music major in college playing flute. My brother played flute.
    And yes, that is the story of how I actually flunked out of band in 6th grade. Because I thought I could play flute. I could not.
    But that was years ago, and I've since picked up the smaller of my keyless flutes and found I can play a few notes on it, whereas on the metal flute I attempted, I couldn't even make a sound. So I'm slowly teaching myself a few songs here and there, and so far it's only been a few zelda songs, mostly the song of healing.
    Singing totally counts. It takes just as much training, practice, and work as any instrument in my opinion. So, yeah, we sing too, here XD
    ~NiKkie

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kaliskar

Kaliskar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    Ditto . . . But probably not as well as her.

13. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    awww Why so down on yourself!? I'm sure you're great!

14. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I'm actually fairly musically inclined, but I don't actively play any instruments. I do sing for fun, though lol

Instruments I've played in the past: Violin, trombone, piano, hand bells, hand chimes and guitar. The guitar didn't take because I was little kid then and was trying to learn on an adult guitar and just never got a smaller child's guitar that fit my hands. I may try and pick it up again in the near future, though. I really miss making music!

15. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I play a five-string bass, but my playing is rather on-off right now

16. Dark Lord Shine

Dark Lord Shine Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ53.36
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Mood:
    :winkytongue:
    The only instrument I've been properly trained to play is the trumpet, but I own several other musicmakers, which I play around with on occasion. Plus, I have my voice, which I use almost constantly.

Music is very important to me, too important to be limited to what is considered "proper" or "correct." I hear music in every sound. -3-

17. DexTheWolfDog

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I'm super invested in music! My band is pretty much the only thing I do these days, haha. I play Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, and am attempting to learn the mandolin and washtub bass. We play Folk-punk, so that calls for all types of weird instruments!

18. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,006.30
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I used to play lots of piano, and occasionally still do, as well as bass. Never took classes for either :p And if it counts, I make electronic music sometimes (using a midi controller is similar to playing piano, so I count it as an instrument)

19. Kimber

Kimber Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I've been playing piano for quite a while now, around 10 years, and it has definitely been my most consistent and practiced instrument.
    I learned a lot of guitar for a short while while I was 15/16 and even went into the theory and how to make songs/solos but have recently sort of let that go.
    I played clarinet during junior high from grades 6 to 9. We did a lot of theory, especially with sheet music, which has really helped with my piano playing in the long run.
    And, not to brag or anything, but I am one mighty fine kazoo player if I do say so myself.

20. DexTheWolfDog

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Haha, Kimber, our band member was supposed to learn how to play the trumpet, but she gave up, and that's how we ended up with an insanely fantastic kazoo player.