• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

does anyone feel like their kintype is different to them selves

i have always wondered why i feel like my wolfkin side is different to my human side. any thoughts?/monthly_2020_04/large.1159868738_wolfwomandigiart.PNG.c51b8efe898c762ca7d138adc2466601.PNG

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
You'll need to be more specific. In what way is it different? Wolves are different from humans. When you get a shift, you notice because it is different from the standard human mindset. That part is normal. If you feel that the wolf is a separate being, then it might be a headmate or spirit instead of a kintype. 

You'll need to be more specific. In what way is it different? Wolves are different from humans. When you get a shift, you notice because it is different from the standard human mindset. That part is normal. If you feel that the wolf is a separate being, then it might be a headmate or spirit instead of a kintype. 
i meant like in a dream shift i always switch between first person and third person veiw if you get what i mean

My dreams randomly switch between first and third person, although that's with any of my dreams not just my kin related ones.

I do want to give some input of kintypes being seperate from yourself though, because I experience something like that. My kintypes were me in a past life, but although they've stuck around they're not me now. I've looked into them possibly being headmates but it doesn't fit with me

My dreams randomly switch between first and third person, although that's with any of my dreams not just my kin related ones.

I do want to give some input of kintypes being seperate from yourself though, because I experience something like that. My kintypes were me in a past life, but although they've stuck around they're not me now. I've looked into them possibly being headmates but it doesn't fit with me
thankyou, that applies to me. 

CopperCoyote

Same

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't having an you from a past life that doesn't completely feel like you just,,, normal past life feelings? I didn't think these registred under nonhuman, since in that case if I have understood correctly, you don't identify as that creature since it is separate? You identify as having been them in a past life.

Again it is not an experience I have, so I'd love to be corrected with how it actually feel and how that transcribe into an identity if it's the case, or if it's indeed like I described, why for y'all it falls under nonhuman identities 

But as for the main question of the thread, I suppose it might be worth looking into the integration scale? Some people described having a feeling of an animal side different from the human side on the less integrated levels. https://therian.fandom.com/wiki/Levels_of_Integration

I personally have the experience of a nonhuman self dissociated with my human self, including in that human self my more integrated identities like roadrunner, but in that case, and which may tie in to the ideas of dreams evoqued here, especially daydreams, it's simply because that nonhuman self is a paraself (daydream persona, found that word in maladaptive daydreamer circles and it describe that idea well) inspired from my nonhuman draconic feelings. So it may be also the case for other. It's def something that can be interesting to look up!

Vintage

Hm...not inherently. I'm bonded with one of the same species-an individual-....I may describe her in third person but honestly, we are becoming one soul and aren't really split like that. However, on a base level I believe I'm deeply connected to my kintype. It's just the whole bonded part that trips me up a bit sometimes. But I don't feel detached at all. 

Robin

I don't feel this myself as I am still on the begining steps of figuring out myself kin wise But it does make sense that it would feel different. The soul and mind of a human is different from a wolf,  from a fae etc. 

Marc

I don't feel this myself as I am still on the begining steps of figuring out myself kin wise But it does make sense that it would feel different. The soul and mind of a human is different from a wolf,  from a fae etc. 

I agree with this. @shadow_wolf2004

My identity is me but it also is kinda separate because my human mind is the one having the shifts, if that makes sense?​

Though some people don't like to identify with being human at all. It just depends on the individual.