Does Anyone Here Believe in Astrology? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Does Anyone Here Believe in Astrology?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by rayya122, Jun 19, 2016.

1. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :)
    I don't mean those simple little zodiac sayings (even though those are extremely funny and can be pretty accurate at times) I'm a huge believe of astrology and tend to check the daily and monthly transits of myself and some friends. I tend to follow western astrology even though, I'm really interested in Vedic astrology. It seems more in depth to me and little more accurate. I'm only just beginnig to learn more about draconic astrology though, so I can't say I have much experience with it...

Anybody else?

• Like Like x 1
    • Unique Unique x 1
  2. FireSong

FireSong Wyrmling
    Alien/SpacekinHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,001.07
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Yes, definitely, but only when done right. (So like you said, not like... newspaper and internet horoscopes, but professional and comprehensive charts done by experienced readers.) I'm interested a lot in Classical Astrology, how it interacts with alchemical symbolism, and how things have changed as new planets are discovered. I don't check a lot of sites at this point since most sites are kind of fluff-tastic, but have star map apps on my phone and make my own interpretations. I'm not great but it is better than most horoscopes are going to be! :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    Wow, that sounds amazing! I've never thought about downloading a star map app on my phone ^.^ There are some good sites out there thought, cafeastrology.com, Astro.com, KRS's blog and site, things like that. KRS is a Vedic astrologer though.

4. TimelordVictorious

TimelordVictorious ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.92
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I don't believe in astrology. If that kinda stuff worked, there'd be ways to test it and we'd know about it. What can I say, I'm a skeptic. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,060.20
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Hmm what can I say for myself. Well being agnostic I would say I dont know. Astrology is a beautiful thing but I dont know about it's accuracy. Yeah I dont really believe in the horoscope put in the media but seeing how it is still used when done right is fascinating. However I wont really believe Astrology is that accurate without evidence but I keep an open mind about it. Even if someone else believes entirely in this I am not complaining.

6. The Observer

The Observer Hatchling
    SP Artist

Bones:
    Ƀ255.41
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    I do, but I'm still learning about it. I haven't even scratched the surface yet, unfortunately. Yet, I think I know all of my signs.
    Sun Sign: Leo
    Moon Sign: Pisces
    Rising Sign: Capricorn
    Mid haven:Scorpio
    Venus: Gemini

I also know a few of my family member's signs
    Brother:
    Sun sign: Leo/Virgo cusp
    Moon Sign: Cancer

Mom:
    Sun sign: Aquarius
    Moon sign: Scorpio
    Rising Sign: Capricorn

Dad:
    Sun Sign: Aquarius
    Moon Sign: Scorpio
    Rising Sign: Scorpio

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lady Constantine

Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ102.02
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I do like astrology alot, I find it really interesting and impressive what it can say about us. Not the newspaper things thought :) .

• Like Like x 1
  8. NexusTheory

NexusTheory Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ65.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I believe the natural energy given off by the cosmic bodies around us can affect our own energetic signature, and how we deal with things in our day to day life. Plus I've done some energy work that involved a cosmic event (a blood moon) and had some pretty potent results.

• Unique Unique x 1
  9. rayya122

rayya122 Hatchling
    Hiatus

Natural Winged Angel
    Bones:
    Ƀ369.74
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    \^.^/ Astrolgy experiments are really fun! I do a lot of them, mostly on family and friends and mostly with draconic Astrolgy. It's supposed to be able to give an accurate past life chart, and so far it's been pretty correct. I did one on myself as well and ended up with pretty good results ^.^

10. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I don't use astrology anymore because they where never right. When I found the new proper zodiac however my readings where right. However I do not use them still. I just live my life pretty much.

11. Obsydian

Obsydian Pallas Cat
    Feline

Chibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ31.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I was a bit worried wandering into this thread thinking it was going to be an astrology bash-fest. I'm greatly surprised!

Yes I feel it can be accurate and helpful! Myself I'm Virgo Sun/Taurus Moon/Scorpio Rising

12. NamelessBeing

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ127.47
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I very strongly believe that astrology--specifically a complete Natal Chart--can be a fantastic tool for learning about oneself. As far as predicting or explaining current or future events, I believe there are better and more accurate ways of sensing out what's to come and ultimately logical deduction/induction are the most reliable. Active scrying using magic, since it's so deeply personal and connected with your current self and state of being comes in second. Astrology would come in third for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Astralite The Lost

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ42.00
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Sun/Virgo, Moon/Aries, Rising/Gemini !!!
    I think astrology holds some value but I don't think it can completely dictate someones personality or outcome of events.

14. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I can't really say whether I believe in Astrology (the real kind) or not due to my easy skepticism of all that cannot be proven, but I definitely find it intriguing. In fact I study it a lot in my spare time, used to go to the library and read all the available books on it, and I find much of it very fitting in description. Which has always reinforced my belief in it being at least somewhat true and accurate, whatever it may be that makes it so. ^^

As for my signs:

Sun and Moon: Leo
    Ascendant: Sagittarius

Having studied my Natal Chart I also know my other signs, but as the three above are the most "important" I'll leave it at those lest my list become huge.

15. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Chibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,970.50
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I'm usually pretty skeptical/agnostic about metaphysics and such as well, but I have found my horoscope to be pretty accurate, at least for my "main" sign, which is cancer. Many of the qualities of that sign fit my disposition quite accurately. I don't read daily horoscopes, though. When I do its either hit and miss or, rarely, spookily accurate.

16. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Constellations only appear to be the shape that they are because they are viewed from earth. The idea that clumps of stars several lightyears away hold sway over my actions is preposterous to me, especially with the addition of the relativity of their shape, (based on where you view the constellation from within the universe).

Stars are important, and they certainly are magical in that we are able to see a giant ball of gas undergoing fusion reactions from so far away that we had to make a new unit of measurement for things of that scale. But whether or not they have any impact on my personality or my choices is unsubstantiated, so I am skeptical.

Sun sign: Aries
    Moon sign: Taurus
    Ascending: Scorpio. (I only know my moon and ascending signs from just looking them up now, probably just goes to show how much stock I put in them.)

17. portalcandies

portalcandies Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ402.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Okay, I definitely feel that everything exerts some sort of influence over anything else, but when it comes to astrology, I just can't keep up sometimes. So the most I take care of is watching out for Mercury retrogrades, especially since I've had some really weirdly tough times when I didn't even know the retrograde was occurring. I only know my Sun sign, seeing as I can have a fairly poor memory at times... but I'm a Gemini/Cancer cusp.

In all seriousness, though, what is draconic astrology and where can I find out more?? I could probably get way into that.

18. Solarsuntzu

Solarsuntzu Spawn

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ137.56
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I, personally, doubt the validity of astrology. My sign doesn't match my personality at all, I am cancer, and that hardly fits my personality at all.
    A lot of people don't know this, but the reason the constellations have certain dates attached to them is because when this stuff was first thought up, the sun would rise in that constellation. So if you're a Libra, supposedly the sun rose on the constellation Libra. However, the Earth has a 20,000 year cyclical wobble on its axis, and all of the constellations have changed position in the sky since then, so the zodiac is off by one whole sign. That is, if you're a Sagittarius, the sun actually rose on the constellation Capricorn on your birthday

19. celestialprince

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ34.15
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I'm fascinated with and believe in astrology, myself. I'm a leo sun, aries moon, sag rising.

20. Gryneos

Gryneos Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ483.95
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    Mood:
    I do believe it, but don't expect me to understand even the most basic of terminology used. Even your use of "transit" makes my eyes glaze over. Unless you were speaking of "mass transportation systems"? ;)

Now, if astrology's terminology was based on cooking and/or baking terms, I'd be all in!
    "Your life is like a buttery and flaky laminated crust, as one would find in a croissant, and filled with a bittersweet chocolate-marzipan center." That's terminology I can understand and get behind. So, invent a baking-terminology form of Astrology, and I'll be able to understand when people speak in the lingo :p

Oh, I thought you might like looking at this one: Primal Astrology
    (according to it, I'm Moose.)