• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

does anyone know any other "Therian"/Were-/zoomorphism shows/movies/ect?

does anyone know of any shows/movies/animes/cartoons/comics/mangas/ect that involve characters that exhibit zoomorphism (animal characteristics given to humans) or something similar or even are werecreatures of any kind (just please dont suggest things like twilight, vampire dairys, ect)? i already know about Avatar (though i wouldnt consider it zoomorphism or "were-" anything-), Wolfblood, Wolfs Rain, and Wolf Children, ive been looking for more but im having a hard time finding ones that dont depict the werecreatures and zoomorphic characters negatively and searching up "zoomorphism shows" and variants comes up with nothing or atleast nothing that im looking for.

ALSO just like to point out that i dont mean "neko" characters, i mean yeah sure that is zoomorphism but theres neko characters in so many animes and mangas and i think it probably has its own category and its very easy to find things with neko characters

CopperCoyote

The only one I can think of that really comes close would probably be Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle. I have some issues with that film for totally unrelated reasons, but it's really the best adaptation of the original, dark and grizzly version of the Jungle Book ever put on screen and shows a realistic depiction of what a boy raised by wolves would actually look like.

Aside that I guess Brother Bear is maybe kind of decent, Princess Mononoke is brilliant . . . Does Beastars count? I'm not sure furries are what you're looking for.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
I enjoyed the show Being Human. There's a British version and an American version. I'm partial to the British version, though that may be because I saw that one first. Basically you've got a werewolf, a ghost and a vampire living together as roommates in an ordinary house, trying to live ordinary lives as well as they can. Not strictly therian, but it's interesting to see how these three very different creatures get along.

The only one I can think of that really comes close would probably be Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle. I have some issues with that film for totally unrelated reasons, but it's really the best adaptation of the original, dark and grizzly version of the Jungle Book ever put on screen and shows a realistic depiction of what a boy raised by wolves would actually look like.

Aside that I guess Brother Bear is maybe kind of decent, Princess Mononoke is brilliant . . . Does Beastars count? I'm not sure furries are what you're looking for.

furry is anthropomorphic (human characteristics given to nonhuman things, most commonly animals) not zoomorphism (animal characteristics given to humans), but i do like all of those movies, thank you