• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Does anyone know something about Anubian Keepers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xix

Hello, 

I am am still trying to understand me and Otherkins. I have purchased Asetian Bible and read about Keepers, but there isn't much about them, just about one page. 

So does anyone knows something about them? Or maybe there is some place with the information wich I have missed?

EDIT: I am asking about Anubian Keepers, because these are Otherkins, and I was looking for that information in Asetian Bible because it is main source of information about Aset Ka (also Otherkins, psychic vampires) to which Keepers are connected. I am looking for who I am, Anubian Keepers are just one of possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
There's no relationship between the Asetian Bible and being otherkin, though it's possible that members of the Aset Ka may also be otherkin. 

Also, don't believe everything you read. I am a Kemetic otherkin and very much not a vampire. Unless you think elemental vampirism counts, which I don't. 

Effervescent-Daydream

Could you elaborate a bit on what it is that you need to know? Otherkinity has nothing to do with any religious belief and is not a religion in and of itself, so if you're purchasing any sort of bible with the intent to learn about being an otherkin, I would like to suggest that you reconsider. 

Nekonomicon

Hi! I think I got beaten to this, but there's really no connection to being an otherkin and what you're looking into. If you would like other resources that are actually related to otherkinity feel free to ask though! ^-^ Maybe start with our library here?

Xix

I have edited my question to make it clearer.

Anubian Keepers are the first Otherkin being that I want to explore, I am interested in others too, but I will probably ask another question for it later to make this one still focused on Keepers.

Generally, Keepers are protecting Asetians, psychic vampires. They are connected to Anubis.

Charias

Wandering Wolf
Staff member
Guardian
There seems to be some misunderstanding here, I think? Otherkin can be Kemetic, but the community itself isn't connected to Kemeticism. I have never heard of these "Anubian Keepers" you speak of, and I've been in the otherkin community for years. Also, psychic vampires are not a type of otherkin. They are vampires. Vampirism is a separate phenomenon to otherkin; otherkin are simply people who identify as non-human. Vampiric people, from what I understand, are people who identify as human but feel a need to consume others' energy to sustain themselves. So they are not otherkin, though the communities are connected in some ways.

So... I don't really understand what's being asked here. Is it that you're questioning an Anubian keeper kintype? If so, you might find more useful information in Kemetic communities regarding these beings.

M

Metakka

Unverified
I don't think even the Kemetic community could help out. I'm a former Kemetic and don't recall seeing such things. You'll have to go off what the book says and make inferences.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Here's the thing, when you say Kemetic, there are at least three different groups, possibly more, that go by that description, and they generally have nothing to do with each other. The Aset Ka are one of those Western European secret societies which have mixed aspects of High Magic and Crowley stuff together with the concept of vampirism.

I'm Kemetic in the revivalist sense, meaning, I've read (not so) boring academic books and tried to get my hands on the most recent translations that go back before everyone tried to put their own spin on it, which has been happening since the Greeks and Herodotus's questionable histories. (Anubis is not his name, any Egyptian deity name ending in S is likely a Greek adaptation. Funny that they use both Aset and Anubis in the same breath since he's Yinepu, or possibly Yinup as I call him because frankly the scribes were known to swap letters around for aesthetics.) Any text written by Budge or earlier is likely full of errors. (And personally, I find the idea of stealing living energy from another unconsenting human in order to do magic sounds like a flagrant disruption of Ma'at. I am really not neutral on this subject, especially when Aset's name is getting tied up in it.) 

The third group are an Afro-centric organization seeking to raise and enlighten black people according to Kemetic ideals. I'm all in favor of that goal, though I understand I have no place in that framework. 

Then you've got your Golden Dawn and your Masons, and I don't even know what they're up to. 

TLDR: No one outside the Aset Ka knows what the heck an Anubian Keeper is because they probably made it up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.