eHowl Topic Nomination | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

eHowl Topic Nomination

Discussion in 'News & Information' started by Shiro, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    We are now accepting topic nominations for our first eHowl. eHowls are planned and coordinated scheduled discussions and debates which will take place in our chatroom. The first eHowl will take place on a Friday at 6:30 PM EST, the exact date has yet to be determined. In this thread, please nominate a topic of discussion that you would like to be the focus of our first eHowl. This topic has to be related to the otherkin, therianthropy, vampirism, and/or other-hearted communities. All topics suggested here will be open for voting within a week.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Hyphero

Hyphero Wisp of Mystery
    VIP Swamp Lurker

Bones:
    Ƀ19,573.67
    MegalixirGold Fae CoinBlue AngelBrimstone DemonBlue GriffinWill'o'wisp
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    I feel that the first eHowl should be about being close to your kintype/theriotype.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I would agree with this, except I don't know what you mean by close. Location? Connection? Emotionally?

4. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Yes! And to add on to what @Dinocanid said, perhaps a discussion about what make you feel close to your kintype/how you personally feel the connection? Whether through meditation, traveling to certain areas, music, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    It may not be the best choice for the first eHowl, but I think that having one on plurality/systems would be a good idea. We have quite a few systems on Kinmunity, and it is common for new members to question if they may be experiencing plurality.

Our own self-discovery was rather confusing and worrisome. We didn't have decent access to resources or those who were open to discussing the topic openly. We'd like to make sure that there are decent resources available on Kinmunity, especially considering that the plural group is effectively impossible to join/use with the creator gone AWOL.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Hyphero

Hyphero Wisp of Mystery
    VIP Swamp Lurker

Bones:
    Ƀ19,573.67
    MegalixirGold Fae CoinBlue AngelBrimstone DemonBlue GriffinWill'o'wisp
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    I'd say connection would be most important, but location and emotionality can't be forgotten.

7. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ126.01
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Why lock the eHowl to only one topic? I think that having more 1 or 2 "reserve" topics in a list and one of them being debated is a good way to don't let the chat "die".
    Topic suggestion:
    • Previous disproving attempts made (when you try proving that you're not otherkin), and your conclusions on it;
    • Dreams that doesn't have its meaning clear;
    • The stereotype of some kintypes;
    • "Kin-memories" sharing, and the meaning it does have for you;
    • Species dysphoria (and/or misanthropic behaviour);
    • False memories;
    • Kintypes that have more than one name for describing the same thing;
    • What's so special in awakening?;
    • Does the community presence influence the awakening process? Is that good or bad?;
    • Does identifying as otherkin after knowing what it is (and even seeing some parts of the community) makes you "less otherkin"?
    From 10 suggestions, I think that only 2 or 3 are appropriate for an eHowl, 2 for becoming articles, 1, 2 or 3 for a debate thread, 2 for a rant, and the others to be forgotten.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sekhmet

Sekhmet Hatchling
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I agree with @Zen'akufuni for a future eHowl. Maybe systems who want to could even sign up to be panel members of a sort, so the focus is on them talking about their experiences and the rest of us learning from them. We could do something similar with other folks in the future as well. I'd love to learn from people who have different kintypes to me.

For the first eHowl, I think talking about how we live as 'kin would be interesting. What I mean by that is kind of like what @Hyphero said, but adding things like physical connection (clothing and home decoration), mental/emotional connection (shifting, etc), and, if it applies, spiritual connection.

• Like Like x 5
  9. AceOfTricks

AceOfTricks ƃuᴉuᴉɐɹ┴ uᴉ poפ ɹǝʇsʞɔᴉɹ┴
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ26.08
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    ;)
    Maybe it would be nice to discuss losing touch with your kinself and coming back to it considering there is a glut of that going around right now.
    Although for a first chat it might be nicer to talk about something like "What is otherkin and what does it mean to you" kind of deal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.55
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    That's actually a really good idea. We agree this would be a good starting point. We've been seeing a lot of confused people lately who don't even know the beginning concepts of plurality who may be plural as well. It would be a very helpful point since there really isn't a lot of information on the matter.

~Jessie

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I was thinking that it would be best if the first ehowl topic applied to everyone, (like a general therianthropy/otherkin topic) either that or have multiple topics to choose from so the chat doesn't die so quickly.

• Like Like x 2
  12. La Vouivre Jaune

La Vouivre Jaune a fluffy wyvern
    TES lore

Bones:
    Ƀ13.63
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :idontcare:
    maybe how to feel okay in society when you feel like you don't belong in it

13. Zen'akufuni

Zen'akufuni Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Which is why we already said that it would be better for a future eHowl. By "starting point," @Spiritual Hunters was likely referring directly to @Sekhmet 's ideas for when we eventually have a plural eHowl (hence why a quote was used), not that we should make that the very first topic.

14. Ecione

Ecione Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.28
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I think it'd be pretty interesting to have a conversation about awakening or otherwise realizing an otherkin/therian identity. That seems to be discussed a lot, though- general otherkin/therian topics always sound pretty great.