Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ87.27
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    We both had a question we've been mulling our heads over for a while, more specifically directed towards those with tulpas, but I'm sure the same applies to any kind of thoughtform.

I've noticed that when I proxy for Arca it leaves me both physically and mentally exhausted to the point I need to "catch my breath" (figuratively of course) and sometimes even nap to regain my strength. This is the same for Arca, who after our proxying session often retreats to spend time to himself and recuperate.

Is this a normal thing to experience? I'd never thought of asking around until now, but lately it's been really bugging me as to whether this is a common thing experienced or, if not, what on earth it could mean.

2. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Energy is often expended when the brain has to process multiple things, like how Mirath struggled in college. Yes that's part of my point. Internally, you're listening to two different voices, your own and your thoughtforms. Even if it is just a paragraph, as it is now, and no other conversation was to unfold, it would still cost energy to translate Arca's mindvoice through your head in order for it to be spoken as his own words.
     Kyoko  

Yeah, you were making me think of it when you first mentioned it before haha.

I would imagine that it's because you're listening so intently to a mindvoice that isn't your own, and also that (say you're reading a conversation) your own mindvoice is still 'active' in the way you're still reading out their replies in your head. Add that onto listening to every word Arca says in order to get it all right there and then, and I could imagine it gets quite hard to follow and keep up in terms of processing power.

I would also guess that over time this gets so much easier, just at the start there's a few 'teething problems'

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimelordVictorious

TimelordVictorious ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.92
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    What's proxying? Never heard that before...

4. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Proxying is typing/writing/speaking for (say, in Ash's case) a tulpa/thoughtform/whatever. So instead of Arca possessing Ash's hands, for example, he can instead tell Ash what to write, and it'll be transcribed by Ash

From tulpa.info's glossary -
    Proxying: Communicating on behalf of a tulpa, relaying what the tulpa says to facilitate communication. Usually in writing, but can also be in speech.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Velvet Wings

Velvet Wings Feline of the Root
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Black CatTheta DeltaBioluminescent Wyvern
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,361.74
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I can't be of much help with this since I've never actually created a tulpa, but I've heard people talk about feeling tired/drained after talking with their tulpa at first. I'd guess tiredness from proxying is like an extension of that and I'd assume it's something that would fade over time with practice.
    Do you get tired talking to Arca or just proxying?