Considering - Expanded Rating Statistics | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Considering Expanded Rating Statistics

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Attaia, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Attaia

Attaia Space Glitter
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.50
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    So, we already have the ability via our profiles to see the number of ratings (and which types) we've received and given, and the member lists permits us to see top lists of who's received the most positive (or negative) ratings.

Now, this suggestion is born mostly out of curiousity, but I think it would be interesting (and fun) to be able to search specifically by rating to see who's received more of a certain type (say, "Unique", "Useful", "High Quality", etc.) of rating. A general census/statistics block on how many ratings of every kind have been given out board-wide would be interesting to see, as well.

Yes, this is probably totally useless in the long run, but I think it'd be fun and interesting.

• Like Like x 11
  2. AceOfTricks

AceOfTricks ƃuᴉuᴉɐɹ┴ uᴉ poפ ɹǝʇsʞɔᴉɹ┴
    VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ24.93
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    ;)
    I have wanted to see a top positive ratings that subtracts the negative ratings from the positive ones. Having 200 positive ratings probably shouldn't put a person at the top of the list if they also have 100 negative ratings.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    This is probably something that is doable if enough people would like to see it, as it would be a simple database query.

4. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ380.20
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I think it would be neat!

5. Attaia

Attaia Space Glitter
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.50
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Further expanding on this idea, maybe it could be interesting to search by posts? Like, see which threads or posts have gotten the most positive/negative ratings? Likewise, have a library displaying posts that get many "Informative" ratings, for example. These posts could be useful to people in general, even after the threads they're buried in die or close.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ127.95
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We like the idea!

~At'Ka

7. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I really back up this idea. People who are new to the site or otherkin can quickly access informative and useful posts. We could also see what creative things people have in mind by the ratings. I don't know how well this might work since they're comments in threads rather than separate threads but it could work.