Implemented - Expanding the General category. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Implemented Expanding the General category.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Raijun, Jun 21, 2015.

?

Keep everything in Chit Chat, or make new forums?

1. Keep it all in Chit Chat.

33.3%
  2. Create a new forum to accommodate video games, movies, books, TV, etc.

58.3%
  3. Create two new forums. (Post what they should be.)

8.3%
  4. Create three new forums. (Post what they should be.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I feel like I want to make a lot of new topics. But I also don't want to clutter up the Chit Chat forum that serves as our general "all-purpose" forum. There are a lot of things that we could put in there. Books, movies, video games, the "What's your favorite" sort of topic, and so much more.

Increasing the amount of things we have to discuss can't be a bad thing. Also, actually seeing a forum inspires you to think about something that was recently on your mind that you could post there. So when I see a computer discussion forum, a whole bunch of topics come to mind. Then I post them, and people suddenly have more things to discuss. If there was a forum for gaming, physical and visual entertainment, technology, and so on, there would be more receptacles for that discussion.

I'm not saying to make a hundred new sub-forums, no. Of course not. But we could meditate on expanding "The Forest" category into something bigger? It's where I spend the most of my time, and seeing it so small feels so debilitating.

I was thinking of a new forum for video games, and a new forum for books, movies, and TV shows. What do you think?

2. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I like the idea of expanding the forest, but there are so many subtopics you could have, you can't accommodate everyone. I'd like to see this idea implemented either way

3. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.15
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I agree that some topics could use a few more expansive forums but we wouldn't want to clutter up the forum either. Too many and it'll get a little crazy.

~Jessie

4. Attaia

Attaia Space Glitter
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.50
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    I personally believe that subforums are a good thing and make things easier to find. If there's a demand for this kind of subforum, then I'm all in favour of creating one. Summarized as either "Entertainment" or "Media", or even both? Whichever is broader and includes more of the suggested topics, though I'm unsure of what it'd be named considering the previous naming trend of the boards.

5. Voffen

Voffen The dachshund and Poof
    VIP K9 Unit

Daring DachshundBronze PawSilver PawGold Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ30,001.50
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Hm, do you mean specifically in The Forest? I can't really answer that since I haven't really been active there yet.

There is a "Calls Of The Wild" section though, that is all empty, in The Dens: "This forum is for discussing news that is relevant to the otherkin community. It is also for discussing media related to or of interest to the community including: Books, Music, Television Shows, and so forth. News articles may also be automatically imported here for comments and discussion."

Maybe that's not what you looked for at all, maybe I missunderstood.

6. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Yes, if I understand your question correctly, the forum to be expanded is "The Chit Chat" forum, which is a little bit too all-encompassing to harbor a solid attention span for more than two minutes. At least on my end.

7. Voffen

Voffen The dachshund and Poof
    VIP K9 Unit

Daring DachshundBronze PawSilver PawGold Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ30,001.50
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Ah, okay, I now see what you mean :3

8. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    It seems the overwhelming majority of users are wanting an additional forum added for books, movies, video games, and etc. Are you wanting a new forum or separate categories for each topic? My idea is to have multiple forums as subforums of chit chat if that works for everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,016.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Whatever works is fine with me

10. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    It's really all okay. I know that clutter is a detrimental thing, and I keep wondering to myself how to shorten the Otherkin-related category. It's huge. The Forest only has four forums in it right now; far smaller. A new forum not being a sub-forum would be just barely okay, but a sub-forum of Chit Chat is dandy too, probably because it helps to make it clear what goes in what forum simply because the subforums visibly exist.

So it works.

11. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Your request has been implemented!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.