Favorite Hobbies? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Favorite Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adaire, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Adaire

Adaire Forest Faery
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ40.57
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    So, I have met many of you guys and you all are very interestingly and amazingly unique. In an attempt to get to know you more, I want to ask about your favorite hobbies. I haven't really met anyone just like me, so being on here and checking the forums everyday makes me happy. But, I get a little sad not being able to meet all of you personally. :c Luckily, using a forum can really help me get to know you especially since I'm sure I and you, the reader, will have something in common somehow. I ask that when answering on this thread, you not be afraid of being open or sociable. You and I are equal and we will find something in common! I hope everyone has had a great day and hopefully we get to know each other more! :3

• Like Like x 2
  2. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    I have so so many hobbies. I like to work with my hands and make things, and repetitive motion makes me calm and helps with anxieties. So I knit, crochet, draw, sew, sculpt, play games, and I'm an amazing cook! I do a lot of art, mostly of fandom stuff and graphics for games. I also really like gardening sometimes even though I live in an apartment.
    I'm really passionate about all my hobbies and happy to share recipes with anyone who likes good food!

3. Adaire

Adaire Forest Faery
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ40.57
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    First off, I cannot cook, so you should cook for me. X3 Second, I also need to always be sorta doing something maybe even with my hands to calm down. I do a bunch more writing/drawing because I always have to be working. And, I love to garden also! What are some things you plant or do with your garden? c:

• Like Like x 2
  4. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    I love cooking for other people! The way their face lights up when they taste my food is so satisfying. It's the best! Knitting is the best for me because I don't have to think at all to do it- it just happens. It was hard to learn how to knit though, but I get lots of cute scarves and hats out of it.
    Since I only have a balcony to grow things on I just have a few potted plants. I have a raspberry bush, a blueberry bush, a red pepper plant and some strawberry plants. I had some tomatoes but they died. I'd really love to keep some fresh herbs for cooking but for the life of me I can't keep them alive! Next spring I might try growing my own tea leaves.

5. Adaire

Adaire Forest Faery
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ40.57
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    I'm guessing you use what you grow in your food? That's amazing! I love natural stuff and knitted hats and stuff are the cutesttttt <3

6. aqualit

aqualit Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Yes! Ideally I would have a huge garden that I could live off, but I don't have a yard. One day. That's why I think next year I'll focus on tea leaves. They're so comfy and full of love! They're the best.

7. Tammikuu

Tammikuu Little Lobo

Bones:
    Ƀ943.39
    Blue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :)
    I'm very outdoorsy so my hobbies are hiking, skiing, travelling, I love to collect items I find on my adventures, feathers, bones, shells, seaglass and make things with them when I am home. I also like to keep fit so I enjoy swimming and going to the gym.

I also make jewellery, my own Christmas cards, soap and I do occasionally sketch. I also indulge in photography, mostly landscape and wildlife. My garden is also a hobby of mine I love to grow stuff, especially herbs and use them in my soap making or cooking (not that I cook but my husband uses them as an ingredient.)

I also love love love food! I enjoy trying new flavours and foods I've never tried before. I love paring wine with food and finding flavours that complement each other. I don't cook though, I'm rubbish at it so I enjoy other people's labours in cooking!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ358.37
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    My dog is obviously always my number one.
    But I do enjoy cooking, it's so much fun and I love to learn something new within cooking.
    I like sewing and take care of plants, at the moment I have three plants one purple huge orchid and two salad plants.
    Aquariums is also a hobby of mine, I have two, one with shrimps and one with guppys and a... fish thing that lives on the bottom and never ever shows its face... his name is Whiskers, my sister had him before she gave him to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Hmm, I'm an equestrian, and also aspiring photographer. Sometimes, I'll write, draw, read, edit photos, practice graphic design, and mess around on websites; but, the primary thing in my life is Netflix. :p

10. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I dabble in a few things. I enjoy cooking, gardening, gaming, reading, fishing (though I haven't had the opportunity for a few years now) and cross stitch. I used to love bike riding, but I currently live in a place where that isn't really possible.

A few years ago I would've also listed writing as a hobby, but I think it's gone far beyond that (currently doing PhD in communications/literature).

• Like Like x 3
  11. Redfang

Redfang Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ4.50
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I enjoy doing lots of things. A few things I like to do: taking care of the pets, drawing, owning weird plants, doing stuff outside, writing stories for fun and reading nonfiction. I really do not like to read fiction.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    I have a rather odd mixture of hobbies. Obviouslly, I really like programming and system administration, and anything to do with computers actually (I'm such a nerd :p). I enjoy bicycle riding and walking into the woods, which thankfully I get to do rather often. During the summer, I love to swim. I like video games, especially Sonic The Hedgehog related games. I enjoy doing yoga and gymnastics. I also really love paint balling, but I hardly get to go because I don't have many friends who'd agree to go with me.

• Like Like x 2