Favorite Webcomics? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Favorite Webcomics?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, & Art' started by Emc2, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Emc2

Emc2 Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.15
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Anybody read webcomics? What are your favorites?

I used to be really into Homestuck a few years ago, but I'm more chill about it now. Plus, all the hiatuses dampen the enthusiasm somewhat.

I'm really into Skin Deep right now; it's about a group of college-aged people who have the ability to become a mythical creature, roughly speaking. It's a bit more complex than that. I recommend giving it a read!

Lackadaisy Cats is great; bootlegger cats at large in St. Louis. Warning for some blood and violence. Long hiatuses, but it's worth it for the art quality.

Wilde Life is pretty good; man finds himself living in a small town full of the paranormal.

If I think of any others I'll share them later.

2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.40
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Haha, my two fave webcomics (and really the only ones I'm reading at the moment) are pretty nsfw and probably shouldn't be read by any one under 18. I won't link them, but one is Oglaf (which I'm sure most people have probably heard of by now) and I'm not going to mention the other one :p

Aside from that I also used to be big into Homestuck, although I prefer Problem Sleuth.

I also used to be big into Order of the Stick, and a comic by someone called Miss Mab that I can't remember the name of (or maybe the comic was also called Miss Mab???)

3. Norintha

Norintha Spawn

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ29.77
    Primary Identity:
    Merfolk
    Twokinds! I love it!

4. Blake Rivers

Blake Rivers Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ102.61
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    The Property of Hate is a great story! The author/artist has a few other smaller works too, they're all very good.

5. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ104.57
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
  6. Jasper

Jasper Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I suggest giving a look at hiveworks comics. it's a collection of 100 or so webcomics by various authors. The ones im reading right now are: Stand Still Stay Silent, Boy Who Feel, and Seeds. I love the art for all of them. Comic Illustrators are truly something else! It must take a lot of dedication and practice to pull off something as beautiful as these comics in the amount of time that they do.

7. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Bones:
    Ƀ52,038.50
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    TwoKinds 100%. My profile picture is Natani and Zen, and I used to identify myself as a Keidran because it was the closest thing to Grymm's species. Not anymore though, now that I have accurate sketches of what I looked like, but the point is that TwoKinds is the one webcomic that holds significant meaning for me (kind of making it the only enjoyable webcomic for me now >.>)

8. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ843.05
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I'm gonna second both of these; TPoH and SSSS are both amazing (I haven't read Seeds or Boy Who Fell, but I've heard good things about them). The author of the latter also has another, completed webcomic called A Redtail's Dream, which is really nice.

Currently my favorite webcomic is Off-White, a story based on Norse mythology of the wolves Hati and Skoll. It's going through a re-do of some early pages, so now is the perfect time to start reading. Art style went through a truly amazing improvement from decent but with poor typeface choice to full digital paintings and much better text font.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Telegdrian

Telegdrian Alien Equitaur
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5.35
    Primary Identity:
    Centaur
    I recently discovered Skin Deep. Well drawn with very intricate intertwined story. I went through the entire archive in a few days as I had time.

10. Brittlefrost

Brittlefrost Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.17
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Ruby Quest, Homestuck, and Nan quest. I strongly recommend Ruby quest

11. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.40
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    YESSS! Ruby and Nan, they're so good!

12. WolfToast

WolfToast Wyrmling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ26.15
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :perservingface:
    Sonichu! Meh, just kidding. *gets thrown bricks*

13. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ517.56
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Skin Deep is amazing, we love it. (We also took inspiration with the meditations from the series when we made a necklace for our system as a whole. So we have a chimera medallion inspired by the series that we made ourselves.)

Another comic we love is Werechild. We miss the old version of it but the reboot is also nice though we haven't checked it in weeks.

Another comic we like is Wurr (on Deviantart).

- Cavern-Risen (female, werewolf)

14. marauderluna

marauderluna Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    questionable content
    strays
    go get a roomie
    off-white
    sunstone
    i have a list >;3

15. Pinkdragon310

Warrior

Bones:
    Ƀ127.55
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    My old favorite was Brawl in the Family (A Super Smash Bros. fan-comic in the "gag of the day" style, it ended in 2014)

My current favorite is Cucumber Quest, if you want some adorable bunny kids with some silly cartoon-y humor that happens to be inspired by things like Paper Mario then I recommend.

16. Mew

Mew Unidentified Shapeshifting Object
    Hiatus

Black CatBuckBarghestFriendly Fox
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,493.05
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Aw man, all my favorite webcomics have already been mentioned!

Weaver, the person who did Ruby/NanQuest, also did another Quest (that technically is still ongoing) called DiveQuest that's also really good! He has a tumblr for his art, too, but don't go on there if you're a minor/not comfortable with NSFW because... well, there's quite a bit of it.

Questionable Content is also really good, and is pretty much a day-in-the-life sort of deal. It has AI in the present day, and it's generally a pretty chill comic.

Mokepon is also really good, or at least, the first bit I've read was really good; I haven't been keeping up, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's Pokemon related, just as the name suggests.

I'm in the same boat as Mokepon with Off-White and Lackadaisy Cats; I used to keep up with it, and I don't anymore but I loved them when I did.

The Fox Sister was really good but it got discontinued; I think one of the writers got hired to write for a TV show or something. It hasn't been updated since 2014.

I probably have a ton more; I went through a phase where I consumed A LOT of webcomics. But that's all I can think of for now.

17. Qyir

Qyir Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ55.54
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    A little late to the party, but I couldn't help it. :p
    Like the above have said, The Property of Hate is amazing. One of the best I've ever read! (Though, I don't read many webcomics tbh.)
    The Meek is a great webcomic. The art is great, updates are a bit slow but worth it. I'm honestly not sure what timeline it takes place in, but there's not any modern technology so there's that.
    Prague Race is one of my favorites. A friend got me into it a week ago and I read it all in a day. The story and characters are super cool. Tons of werewolves, trolls, and other fantasy creatures, so I know a few people may want to look into it. :0
    I tried reading Off-White, but it didn't really stick. I'll probably try re-reading a bit of it later on. Tried Homestuck, too. Respect for whoever's read all of it from start to finish.