Feeding | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Feeding

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Made this thread to continue a conversation from @DavGiar introduction thread. Also use this as a means of talking about what kinds of feeding you do and what is a viable source. Sort of like the hunger thread but not. Psychic feeding, sanguine, emotional so on.

2. heckacentipede

Bones:
    Ƀ2,696.58
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    *Disclaimer: Probably a hybrid vamp? So a little bit of both
    I always ask permission, whether I'm feeding sanguine (always permission and always from someone I'm intimate with personally) or psi (depends on whether I'm drawing from a human or another source)
    With psi feeding I ask, either aloud or like...telepathically via my aura? Idk how best to describe it. If it's a person I only take energy if they're wanting to have less energy (super hyper or needing to sleep, for example), and even then it's only from friends who know about my kin stuff. If it's an animal that's obnoxiously hyper I siphon just a little bit of energy from them so that they're reasonable. Probably not the most ethical thing but I never take enough to hurt them. And if it's plant/other forces of nature then I tend to ask and eventually pay it back when I go to sleep or don't need all my energy.

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @heckacentipede Your a demonkin too? That's new to me. I don't think I've ever asked because for psy because that's all being done subconsciously. Sang I ask my wife if she can feed me or if we could get some steaks to sear up rare.

4. heckacentipede

Bones:
    Ƀ2,696.58
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    @Maggie Darkmoon Ya technically? We're...not really sure what Maria and Elizabeth are. They're probably demonic? Enough that we felt it was worth mentioning on the profile.
    The vamp stuff is all hybrid vamp stuff as far as I can tell. Doesn't seem to have any connection to those two. They might be more succubi inclined, what with their...deviousness.

5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @heckacentipede OK sorry, we are having issues with non-members posting so I was just curious. Little bug with open groups. Your fine, I just wasn't sure if you realized this was a group or not. :)

Hmm. Well sometimes your body itself can be vampiric and it's not linked to kintypes. That's another possibility to consider. I also have vampiric tendencies from my kitsune kintype. A lot of traits from demonic kintypes are very evasive and chaotic for some reason. My demonkin side seems to be fading to the back and these traits are subsiding. Thankfully.

6. heckacentipede

Bones:
    Ƀ2,696.58
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    @Maggie Darkmoon OH I had no idea woops I'm still really new to the site |D

I'll definitely have to do some more introspection/research to see if we really do have a vampiric kintype but I've always thought it was a kintype AND my body is vampiric? I dunno

7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @heckacentipede It's totally fine. I've made a report about it and it's being worked on. If you want to join to go for it.

Who knows. Other then demons, vampires and kitsunes... I don't know of any others that have vampyrism normally.

8. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    To update, I'm finding mass feeding is the way to go. The grocery store is ideal. The gym contains so much ambient energy that no effort is required to even feed there; I guess that's part of why I like it so much. There's a highway across from where I work. If I direct my attention out there, I can pick up on energy from so many people passing by all the time. Finally, I've just realized that even from home I can project myself astrally to a crowded venue to feed. So there are many options that do not involve draining an individual.

I will admit I have targeted individuals at times. It's a very different experience. You pick up on the specific "taste" of the person, which can be either good or bad. I've noticed there's a surface level of energy that I can feed on that does not seem to drain the person, but I'm hesistant to go deeper. The human in me doesn't find it ethical anyways.

I can't feed from a forest as Maggie suggested. The trees are my strongest link to the Underworld, where I came from. In a forest I can direct my consciousness to the astral realms. An individual tree can be a conduit for channeling "entities" on the other side. So it would be anathema for me to try to obtain any energy from them. Aside from this, I feel a need for the vital energy of moving lifeforms, which is different from that of plants.

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @DavGiar That's great to hear! Probably makes life a lot easier for you huh? I would not go deeper. You could hit core energy and severely hurt someone.

That sucks! I'm sorry I tried! At least you have better options then before now however.

10. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.62
    Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    ...I realize this post has been done for a while, but I'mnot sure where to ask this. How exactly does psi feeding work? I've done it without thinking several times, but I'd like to have a better handle on it. Unfortunately I don't have anyone I'm comfortable asking for blood, but if anyone can explain or knows a good book that teaches energy feeding I'd appreciate it.
     Teresa  

11. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Hiya, I don't if I'm the best person to speak for this, as my energy feeding is quite specific, but it may help to take some time to recognize and isolate sensations and feelings associated with feeding and that type of hunger.
    For myself, I usually don't immediately notice when I am that kind of hungry, because it manifests in this body. If I am only a bit low on energy, this body will be more difficult to satisfy with matter food, I will feel hungry no matter how full this stomach is; which then degrates to thirst, which is the same, only with water; then I just become gradually more depressed.
    Recognizing the difference in hungers and thirsts helps me understand that I need to take in energy.

Once you are aware of the need, a good place to practice feeling and absorbing is, as mentioned above, a super market.
    My reccommended time to practice is during less busy hours, after the lunch or dinner rushes, for example. If one is empathetic, all of the thoughts and emotions of a busy store can overwhelm, and this requires focus and awareness.
    Wander the store until you feel *something* in the air, it can feel like an unflavoured emotion, a temperature, etc.. Try to really feel whatever that is, let it permiate you. Pay attention to *how* it all feels, so that you can recognize the sensation should it start up.

A friend I taught this to described taking the energy in as a warmth, personally, it feels like breathing through every pore.

I appologize if this is unhelpful, or poorly placed.

12. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.62
    Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Thank you very much. The style I used in my old life is incredibly awkward to implement in day-to-day life as a human, because grabbing someone with your nails is weird. This is discrete and practical, and definitely worth a shot. Thank you so much for the well-written description, I'll give it a shot. Probably update here after I try it.
     Teresa  

13. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I'm glad to be of help! Good luck:extremelyhappy:

14. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ306.68
    Brimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    I feed on certain emotions, the best way I do this, is one on one, ore when an entire group has the same general emotion, I can do this whether I can see them or not, I also feed on certain environments, where there is more than one emotion that I feed on is nearby.

15. Xavier

Xavier Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ403.03
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :oldman:
    For awhile I was doing a feeding I like to call "Blood-lust" because for some reason, I have to add those two components together in order to gain any energy at all. I don't generally gain anything if I just take one or the other. Anyone have any idea why? I'm also have a hard time getting in touch with someone to donate blood to me. I've gone onto vampire forums before, but it has never really worked out. Any ideas? Help?

16. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ306.68
    Brimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    you seem to have a more unique form of energy draining, there are others that are close to what you describe, personally I would say it has to do with your kin, it wants the blood, it needs it for strength/sustenance, while the other is used more for your more spiritual energy I guess you'd call it, think of the second one as a converter, while the first gives you the energy, you can't use it till its converted to its proper form, allowing you to get the strength, and anything else you may need from the blood, but that's just my opinion, based on what I know. hope this helped in some way.

17. Xavier

Xavier Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ403.03
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :oldman:
    Thank you!

18. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Hatchling

Bones: