• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

food for kin thought 🤔🍔

leo

goofy title hoohoo but 

are there any foods that make you really FEEL ur kintype? or certain foods you like to eat during shifts?

for me:

tiger - meat, pork especially. 

dog - any kind of jerky! (reminds me of the dried meat treats I give my dogs) as well as crunchy cookies and those cookies made to look like dog treats, and ground meats.

cat - canned tuna/fish, tuna and chicken salad

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
I like ribs. Holding a bone with my talons, er, hands, and ripping meat off a bone is satisfying. They're also a nice red color. 

Igel

I'm not sure about the ghost, angel and android kin, but for the other two:

Cat: Fish (sashimi, especially), big pieces of chicken

Alien: Exotic fruits, like horned melons and Buddha's Hand fruits

likenyaknow

cubed turkey and chiken- probably because i sometimes give it to my cat for snacks too.

though, anythin small and usually in batches (such as raisins) are just a natural favourite of mine due to stim reasons, so i could be biased in that way.

Effervescent-Daydream

cat - canned tuna/fish, tuna and chicken salad
I second the tuna salad thing! Just about any seafood that I like does it for me. Fish, crab cakes, etc. Also, any meat that you can eat with your hands really gets me going at times. Roasting a whole chicken and tearing into it is usually my favorite. Even though I'm a domestic species, it's fun to "go feral" at times. 

Akrimau

for my carnivore types I honestly really like to eat cherries- not the little ones the put on ice cream, but dark red ones with a lot of juice. it reminds me of blood.

CopperCoyote

For some reason, chicken tends to do that for me.  I don't know why.  Or at least the really tender and juicy stuff does anyway.  If it's bland and dry then that just kind of kills it for me.

Also steak.  Definitely steak.

And ribs.  That too.

KiddieEevee

If I had to choose, it would really have to be any kinds of meat. Even raw sometimes! I know thats bad but, it really helps me shift or feel my kintypes. Most of my kin types are predators so, I like to tear into meat... mostly tough meat like steak.

Akrimau

If I had to choose, it would really have to be any kinds of meat. Even raw sometimes! I know thats bad but, it really helps me shift or feel my kintypes. Most of my kin types are predators so, I like to tear into meat... mostly tough meat like steak.
If you get high quality its probably ok to eat raw beef (like steak tartar) and fish (sushi). But be sure not to eat raw chicken or pork

KiddieEevee

If you get high quality its probably ok to eat raw beef (like steak tartar) and fish (sushi). But be sure not to eat raw chicken or pork
Yeah I make sure never to eat raw chicken but, I have eaten raw pork a lot when I was younger. It was one of my favorite things to eat while in middle and high school. I don’t do it anymore though.

🐋 aah, what kind of food ? 🐋

, i cant deny that i have an unconditional love for seafood; shrimps, salmon.. ( not the chinook salmon! our brothers of the SRKW pods need it to survive, they're low on it, and that alarming!), mussels, and everything like that.. sadly we don't eat fish that often, but i just absolutely love the taste.

oh, and meat, of course, but - not as much as fishes.

D

Deleted645

Unverified
Any food that lets me rip into it (like meat) can make me feel shifty. Oh! And candy canes! ( you’re probably like, candy canes????) yep. I’ll hold on to a candy cane like a wolf would to chew on a bone. I even chew it just like a wolf would. So basically, if I don’t have any bones around, I’ll chew on a candy cane. They make me SUPER shifty. I really like the feeling of it.

Star_3_Dreamer

Gold Donor
I don’t even know my kintype yet, but there are definitely foods that make me feel whatever it is!

[Tl,dr:Essentially, any food that reminds me of being outdoors, or that I can eat somewhere out there]

Though a human face is flat and awkward to use for much, I like to stick my face in a bowl of leaves and much a mouthful. I also enjoy foods that take a bit of work to get at, like my favorite: coconut! Fruits are nice, because I can carry them into a tree (or pick them from one)! But then again, there’s the part of me that likes meat (particularly rare fish or steak), and I want to eat even the parts that others don’t (like cartilage, tough meat, or chicken giblets).

Using silverware is weird, but is less messy for a flat-nosed human face. Have you ever locked a bowl clean? There’s just... something special about that.

(If you have any possible leads on my kintype, I’d be grateful!)

Meats in general. I always get this strong, instinctual feeling of rip it to shreds and eat it as fast as you can whenever I eat meats.
Bones are just a bonus, and eating the marrow makes me feel so alive. Plus, chewing on bones in general is just a really nice feeling.

All kinds of meat. Steak or pork chops that have been grilled or cooked on a pan are really good, but chicken drumsticks or chunks of meat on a kebab are where it's at. It's so satisfying tearing grilled meat off a bone, or even a stick. It feels right, and it tastes delicious!