Friendly Neighborhood Lucifer | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Friendly Neighborhood Lucifer

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    My username is, of course, my preferred name. I'm here since I saw the group pop up and I talked with Maggie Darkmoon earlier about looking for demonkin resources, so I'm interested in seeing what everyone manages to turn up. Also there's precious few demonkin community gathering places outside tumblr XD

Not gonna link my Scent Rolling intro thread, because it's pretty old and only has vague info. Suffice to say that my identity is that of Lucifer (through a belief in a 'shared soul'), my spirituality is the epitome of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, and I'm asexual/aromantic and cisgender female.

I'm technically a Christian, and therefore have some knowledge of how angels/fallen angels work in Abrahamic mythology, so those are the main sources you'll probably see from me.

2. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I like this idea. A while back I was trying to do some research on this topic, but I didn't get very far. My kin type is...complicated. The degree (if any) to which it applies to this topic is still uncertain.

3. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    I'm busy trying to find even just...good short answers to asks on tumblr, that's how little quality info I've unearthed. Perhaps at best we need to start with setting up guides to different mythologies and creatures that get classified as "demons", and work in from there?

4. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Cipher If you get those resources and sites again Cipher please throw them up in resources. I figured this was probably the best way to compile resources, multiple people working on it rather then just us. Haha. Plus I wanted to make a group anyways. I had considered a forum and asked for advice from shiro. Seems kintype specific forums die fast so. This is what he suggested.

You identify as Lucifer as in satan himself correct? I just want to clarify because assuming is bad! Welcome.

@Gryff Thank you, hopefully we can find something helpful for you.

5. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.15
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    The short answer is that it's complicated, even among family members. I take after my spirit mother, but we aren't 100% alike, and then there's the fact that hybrids of different species exist.

When looking for a demonkin, all I can say is look for:

1) A tendency to fight to keep their emotions somewhat under control and normal. This isn't like a normal person. This is legitimately feeling that their emotions aren't typically appropriate and acceptable in "polite society." This isn't saying that they are specifically dark, or angry, or anything in particular. Just that the emotions that we tend to feel are alien compared to the majority of humans. On the flip side, we tend to have no reaction to some things when we feel we should have a strong reaction. This can actually be even MORE distressing.

2) Probably a strong connection to mystical/magickal things. That's not to say everything is going to come to you like you didn't even have to try, just that you feel drawn to it and always have.

:relievedface: Almost certainly some form of strange needs. This can be vampirism (for energy or blood), need to meditate, or any sort of ritual or habit that you do that is obsessive. To use the medical term, you're probably going to have a fetish: A habit that you have to do or you'll feel legitimately ill. (Incidentally, that's what the word fetish means).
    --- Post updated ---
    Ehhhh... Lucifer and Satan aren't necessarily the same person. They get conflagrated a lot, but in my experience they're two different people. Also, I love your name, Cipher ^_^ Is your first name Louis by chance?

6. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Paidia Haidou Wonderful responce hun. Could you post this in resources or discussion as well? See what others think rather then in Cipher's intro. Pretty sure that'd become a huge mess hahaha.

Yeah I wasn't sure so I just wanted clarification.

7. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ845.46
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    Yeah, probably because since the otherkin community itself isn't really that big when you think about it in context, anything more specific than the whole community might only attract a few people on its own.
    Yep;
    With the way I've rationalized this to make less of a headache for myself, I do combine them into one person, but not necessarily the kind of big, overwhelming almost-all-powerful entity that generally comes to mind in terms of /Satan/. This has a lot to do with how I view God, which is of a more pantheistic nature; with my beliefs having God envelop everything, both good and bad, all aspects of the natural world and in particular more an embodiment of life itself, I believe less in two opposing ultimate unfathomable powers, and more in the one of those + one powerful demon, if I'm making any sense here.

I say Lucifer/Satan for myself, but that's mainly just to clarify that what I mean by Lucifer is the Devil's position as lord of Hell as opposed to just some random fallen angel sidekick with a higher status, which is what he is according to some people's UPGs.

(And no on the name, but that would be the pun I'm making here :p )

8. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Cipher Alright thank you for clarification. The community did seem a lot bigger a little while back. Guess the size took a dive? This is still frustrating reguardless haha.