Friends and Family | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Friends and Family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkKo, Sep 2, 2016.

1. DarkKo

DarkKo Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ346.81
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    I've seen some other posts talking about whether or not it is a good idea to have nonkin friends and some general just not particularly good experiences when it comes to things.
    So I decided to make a post to share good, funny, happy, etc. stories and such of experiences with friends and family members. Just to appreciate those in your life who accept you for all your quirks.

Here's mine:

My best friend has no idea what Otherkin and thearians are or that I am one. He likely won't ever know due to my anxiety and fear of rejection. But anyways, today I got very comfortable and snuggly and mentally shifted and shafted nuzzling him and play gnawing and he didn't even react and just kinda went with it. I love how he's just so relaxed with me that he doesn't care when I do weird wolf things. I feel like I can act how I feel around him without worry of being treated differently. It helps that he's clueless to everything.
    But anyways, just a general appreciation post to my most favorite person. ❤️

2. Edan

Edan Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ198.90
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    My girlfriend is non-kin and honestly i'm not sure she understands therianthropy at all, but she still accepts it. She likes to draw me as a bat and she is okay with my weird squeaks and moth cravings and she will let me cling onto her. She's also a witchling so sometimes she brings me stones and this one very cute bat totem! In general she just isn't like most people who say bats are "scary" or "ugly" (which actually really hurts my heart when people say that) she thinks they are super cute and she has helped me a lot.

3. DarkKo

DarkKo Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ346.81
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    If people are saying that bats aren't cute, show them pictures of the babies all wrapped up in little bundles with bottles.
    It's impossible to resist those sweet little faces. ❤️

Attached Files:

4. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,171.21
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Bats are adorable, flappy babies and I will protect them with my life!

As for the post, I have no otherkin friends in real life (though, one is in sort of questioning it, but we aren't really pursuing answers so much). However, most of my inner circle are aware of my kinity and do not question my odd quirks when I have mental slides. And what's nice is they did not question them in the first place. Not even the ones who are still unaware.

5. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.27
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Bats are adorable bundles of love and awesome. Honduran white bats especially.

As for being kin, my friends don't exactly know, but given the fact that we've got one transgender, one genderfluid, two pansexuals and a lesbian, I don't think having a dragon soul or an extra voice in my head will be an issue. They already call me a dragon as a nickname, and roll with my weirdness fairly well. My girl buys me dragon trinkets sometimes, and my heart nearly flutters out of my chest when she does.

6. Mya

Mya Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ218.51
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    My family knows it and the most of my friends do so as well. A few find it interesting, other ones accept it but think otherwise about souls and the rest accepts but doesn't believe. It's okay for me because they still like me and see me as friend / family member. I know a lot of other therians who have some issues with telling and being accepted as one. I'm very sorry for them and I hope that they will find "better" friends and more acceptance within the society nowadays. Being bullied is such an awful thing - I know what I'm talking about.
    I'm very thankful to have those lovely and tolerant friends and family members. It doesn't matter if they believe me or not, honestly. They don't judge me but respect me and still show me their love and that's the point.