Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Fun Fact About Yourself

Skoriks

+Primal Member
VIP
Pronouns
Masculine
Wow. Never knew that. And yeah, global warming sounds like it'd be a huge problem in that regard. I'm also mildly curious about the mechanics of how temperature determines sex.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
The amount of times I have made mundane persons give an uncomfortable laugh at my particularly "animal" demeanor I can scarcely count. They often speak about how under my reserved, even demeanor, I am "frightening" or "likely an absolute beast".

Regularly these phrases would be the subject of a joke - because they reek of parody. They have been so misused they have lost all meaning. Were it not for the way they say these things, how one can see the anxiety, hear the caution in their voice, and the distinct sort of laughter intoned in it, it would be a patent smear of my character.

Humorously they say I have no emotion but then they admit what they do see and like all the other times, it frightens them. Each time too the language is always charged with animal language at that. I take pride in it, they both rely upon me to do exceedingly dangerous things, and they treat me with more respect than I am likely due.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
The sentiment is much appreciated, @Skoriks. Yet I need humble myself in the end, for all I have done and am capable of doing, no less will do, but in the end I am still so little of all the things I have been built up to be.

All I can do, is to be thankful they honor me still for all my sacrifices.

Ghosti

Pronouns
Feminine
There are recorded instances of lionesses attempting to adopt wildebeest, antelope, and springbok. They protect them from their own pride and one mother even allowed her adopted baby to nurse on its mother before chasing her away again. There’s even a video of a lioness leading a wildebeest calf back to its herd, this little thing just trotting beside her like she’s it’s mom!

And a fun fact about me is I’m in college for an art degree : D

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
An interesting and ever increasing detail that has only relatively recently become so evident to the scientific community is, is that members of Machairodontinae despite having relatively weak bites and a unique method of dispatch by leveraging action of the canines have the sufficient flexural and toughness in the biomechanics of those fangs to penetrate flat bone. Oddly, this came about in a way the community had not quite so expected to see, such as by intraspecies conflict where sabertooths had not only purposefully bit one another on the frontal bone, the bites penetrated and were fatal be action of the elongated canine. Which is to say effectively the teeth of at least Smilodon and likely other members are "armor penetrating", and while flat bone is relatively thin and easily penetrated compared to long or short bone, it was considered previously impossible or just unlikely this action could be undertaken, let alone at the deflection angle that the frontal bone has and at the relative density it has.

This further throws a lot of the "brittle teeth" hypothesis out and better explains how, without doubt, felines expressing these traits were able to not only dispatch prey but also kill one another in mortal conflicts. This is, as an aside, further supported by previous evidence that showed that at least some Machairodontine felids had a taste for hominids and that the skull-bite was, in fact, just as practical with other organisms.

All of that is to say the teeth are very well evolved weapons, beyond even what humans previously understood or thought.