Funny Experiences with "Physical Shifters"? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Funny Experiences with "Physical Shifters"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Bandit, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Tiny Bandit

Tiny Bandit Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ36.13
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :pensive2:
    Always fun messing with our favorite fellow otherkin, the ones that are so jaded that they believe they can physically shift into their kintype(s). So defensive when you question them. This may sound a bit mean but it's very fun teasing them a bit. Nobody likes a liar. I've met a few, most of which twelve to fourteen, and then one at age twenty four. Wat. Alright, so the person I'm focusing in on right now is Twelve years old, this happened earlier this year. So I met them on Google+ after they noticed I happened to also identify as otherkin. They opened a hangout and asked me what my kintype was, I answered proudly with raccoon, and they say wolf. Okay, cool. Wolfkin. So they ask me how I found out. I talk to them about kin memories, phantom shifts, etc. They ask about phantom shifts, "Are they common?", "Do all otherkin get them?", you know. I try to answer best I can, and while I'm typing, they mash their keyboard and are silent for about a minute and a half. I finish typing up my response to their questions, hit send, and type "What are you doing?". They button mash again. What is wrong with this kid. So I wait for them to calm their collective cadonkers and ask what the hell they'd been doing. "I-I think I shifted. I was a wolf.". So I'm figuring they're joking, and I type lol. They answer with "What are you laughinf at?!" I'm thinking the spelling error was on purpose and type haha. They're getting angry. "Have you never turned into a raccoon? You're probably lying for attention!". I'm dying laughing at this point. A bit scared they're serious, but enjoying their dedication. They end up blocking me and I haven't talked to them sense. Still laugh about it a lot though. SapphireNightTheWolf, if you're on here, I just want to say that I'm not sorry at all and that you're hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Solar Flare PhilterBurning PhilterBackground KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ33,903.30
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I really don't like to laugh at the expense of an obviously messed up twelve year old, but claiming a physical shift is ridiculous. I can only hope that person finds the error in their ways and grows past the lies.

3. Mya

Mya Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ218.51
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    A few days ago I registered on Kin Sanctuary. There someone shared an... well... informative post about therians. “We are a part of Gaia's energy!“ - “We are a special type of soul who can shift!“ - “We are shapeshifters and can transform into our theriotypes!“
    I really tried to educate them. I told that this isn't possible and that they would die because if the pain from the bones forming, cracking, the skin destroyed itself and so on. Their answer was:“No, it exists. Stop let look us like mental people. The ones who shift have a very high pain level. We just forgot how to shift and how to level up our pain level.“
    Yes, that's the short form. My view isn't valid and I'm spreading misinformation. x'D :coldsweat2:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sol

Sol Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ13.17
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Alright, so I actually went on the site and talked with some of these people and they told me that they really do not support the ideas of physical shifting. By what I saw, the post mainly leaned towards etheric/astral shifting and was just a post that compiled personal spiritual experiences that said people had. However, by what I gathered from them and the post, one individual actually believed in physical shifting. So with that said, you should be talking about the individual not the site itself. I also found a post on their front page that I believe summed up otherkin pretty decently. Overall, the whole situation seemed like a misunderstanding and I am kinda sad that the site was condemned so quickly. Keep in mind that from the get-go, Kin Sanctuary is a very spiritual site and isn't one of those sites that really focus' on psychological phenomena.

I'm not sure if people can see this post, but this kinda shows that they aren't totally ignorant about otherkinity: Important - What is Otherkin? - Different perspectives and explanations.

5. Mya

Mya Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ218.51
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    They were talking about p-shifting and said that I'd be incorrect with my explanation of theriantropy. I would let look them like mental people. Other ones say that they as therians just forgot how to p-shift and such. Nearly 10 people - also staff members - said those things and were against me. I can show you screenshots, if you like to.

6. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,308.21
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    @Sol Actually, @Mya is correct. I infrequently browse their forum and it is a horrid mess. Have a look for yourself
    Therians.

As for the question, I don't have any funny stories because there are none. It is a dangerous, occultish, often times delusional mindset these people have. The delusional ones need help, and the pseudo cult leaders need to be called out for the harm they are doing to the young and fragile minded.

• Like Like x 2