Going To Hell? XD

KnightFenrirWulfhart

The Dark Thief Of Knowledge
Apr 10, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
I have been reminscing about an old friend I used to have in high school, who was a devout Mormon. 

A little background, I was dating then my now-husband online, so it was a lot easier to say I was gay even though I'm ace, and she knew and was totally accepting of me, and was a great friend.

Anyway, one day she comes up to me while we were in small-town literature class when it was goof off time, and she's like "Thomas, you know we're friends right?" Which was super weird and out of nowhere, so I'm like, "...Yeah...why?" And she looks so sad, and dead seriously looks me in the eyes, "I don't want you to go to Hell, but you're going to. But I think you're a great person!" 

I honestly started laughing. She looked confused about that, but I couldn't help but laugh because she was so devastated by the very thought. 

"Honestly, I don't mind either way. If I'm going to Hell, then all that practice taking boiling hot showers will be useful!" I know she didn't say it because she disliked me, or even disliked gays, but she was very devout, and really believed in her religion. I continued, "I don't believe in Hell, so it doesn't bother me. And if it does exist, then well, I might even enjoy it. Don't feel bad over it, if it does exist, then there was nothing you could do about it, I've sinned enough to purchase some real estate down there, and I'll be sure to write to you to tell you that you were right. And if it doesn't, then no big deal."

I've never seen her look so absolutely confused, but I made her feel better. 

I have a song about it to share with anyone who has been told they're going to hell. 

Hell In A Handbasket - Voltaire

Hope it can make someone laugh like it makes me laugh.

If I'm going to Hell, then I'll welcome Lucifer as a brother, and take my place there rightfully.  As Machiavelli (possibly) said: "I desire to go to hell, and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, hermits, and apostles."

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerFurrila

May 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
I personally have never believed in a religion either. I just find to many flaws in them all pretty much.

If I go to hell cause I like girls and boys, so be it. I've done so much worse stuff it wouldn't even come up on the list at this point hehe.

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
Surprisingly enough, I actually want to go to Hell. At least "Zack's Hell" when I die. Since this isn't the spiritual section of the forum, I won't go into great detail as to why. You can ask me in my Ask Us (Almost) Anything thread for a more in-depth explanation.

Of course I'm not telling people what they want to believe per-say, this is just me saying, for those who tell me I'm going to Hell, it's actually a complement. Other than that, yeah, someone telling you that you're going to a "bad place" when you die is something to not worry.

GingerFurrila

May 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Surprisingly enough, I actually want to go to Hell.
Yknow, even though that might sound crazy, I agree. People always talk about the fires of hell, but in reality, would hell contain all of our sins? Gaming for to long, LGBT (and LGBT support), and even theriantropy for people like my dad who think its a cult (I swear I didn't tell him, he saw my watch history from yt on the tv).

Tbh, hell sounds better than heaven sometimes to me.

M

MariaTheFictionkin

Unverified
Yknow, even though that might sound crazy, I agree. People always talk about the fires of hell, but in reality, would hell contain all of our sins? Gaming for to long, LGBT (and LGBT support), and even theriantropy for people like my dad who think its a cult (I swear I didn't tell him, he saw my watch history from yt on the tv).

Tbh, hell sounds better than heaven sometimes to me.
I'm guessing so. My sins are quiet dark so I can't talk about them here but Hell for me would be a place where I can be free. Be who I want without society judging me or facing the consequences that come from my sins. That's all I ever wanted in life and I hope I can have that experience when I die.

Last edited:

GingerFurrila

May 4, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Feminine
Be who I want without society judging me or facing the consequences that come from my sins.
Agreed. If society would just stop judging everyone, earth couod really be a better place.

In reality, earth is like one level of hell and to escape it, we must all die and go to hell where we can be free..

Reading that in my head sounds wrong, idk wtf I just wrote XD.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Feb 6, 2019
Bones
🦴5.15BN
Pronouns
Hell was the major thing I didn't like about Christianity. Then I became Kemetic and realized who taught them about lakes of fire and tormenting demons. Oops. Dante has nothing on the duat. 

Though to be fair, the lakes of fire are there for purification purposes and if you're already pure they're just like a day at the spa. 

But really the ancient lore is so jumbled and self contradictory you can kind of ignore whatever parts you don't like, lol 

Shiranui

Apr 29, 2019
Bones
🦴0.00BN
Pronouns
Not trying to slam anyone's religion, here, but I've always seen that "you're going to Hell" threatening thing as a way of someone admitting that they're being faced with something they don't like, and refuse to try to understand/accept, so they just cop out by pinning their insecurities and shortcomings on you, making you look like you're the bad person, despite the fact that the other person in the equation is being judgmental and unaccepting. That seems very unlike what Christ would want, if you ask me, lol.

B

bhiurd

Unverified
Honestly, I've been told I'm going to Hell so much, but I've never seen a problem with Hell itself? Even as a small child, I found the thought of Hell very comforting and part of that was because of what I learned about Satan / Lucifer and I thought he was totally in the right while God was tyranical and unjust. And I still think that, and for very good reason - at least for the Bible and Qu'ran version of God, those books really doesn't make him out to be a good guy honestly, compared to modern day morals. (And another part of it is because of all the light-hearted media representation of Satan that I grew up with, such as the show on Adult Swim called "You're Pretty Face Is Going To Hell" or skits on YouTube, compared to the few representations of God that made him out to be unlikably condescending or cruel, as well other such things).
   Aaand after being told that so much, I actually just became a very confident atheistic Satanist, so the people trying to make me fear for my life because of who I am just made me into their even worse fear - oops. Despite that though, I still have two very good Christian / Catholic friends who accept LGBTQ+, other minorities, other religions, thankfully don't pull the whole "you're going to Hell" card as they find that ridiculous, and they both work with me and other Satanists with no problem, so no hard feelings here.

I'd love to have a discussion or debate over this honestly - a friendly one though, to learn other people's thoughts and respectfully share perspectives. I find religions like this really dang interesting (all religions and beliefs, anyway) and one of my headmates is actually Kemetic, so I'm in no way trying to come off as rude.

Regardless, that song by Voltaire is really nice lmao.