Healthy Mind, Healthy Life! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Healthy Mind, Healthy Life!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Talonvane, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talonvane

Talonvane Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Hello everyone! I'm Talonvane, but feel free to just call me Talon!
    I earned a degree in psychology and have been counseling people for a very long time, with problems that do relate to my own.
    I'm offering the chance to anyone and everyone to message me if they are ever experiencing difficulties, or just need to chat something out to someone else. Everyone deserves a listening ear!! Dont be a stranger!

-Talon

2. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Umm, not that I'm trying to call you out or anything, but... What type of degree? Actual psychiatric counselling in a professional manner usually requires at least a Masters degree, something I highly doubt even the most academically adept 21-year-old could accomplish in such a short time.

3. Voffen

Voffen The dachshund and Poof
    VIP K9 Unit

Daring DachshundBronze PawSilver PawGold Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ30,001.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    You are very unspecific, Talon, what do you mean by "problems that do relate to my own"? Yes, I am very skeptical to this, but please, elaborate.

4. Talonvane

Talonvane Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I have a BA in psychology with a focus in abnormal and counseling.
    I'm not saying I'm a professional, I'm saying I do have some experience.

I was just trying to help, jeez.

5. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    No one was getting upset with you helping but a BA doesn't require any experience in the field. Offering your help as just a listening ear is perfectly fine but to claim you're trained in it can actually cause you some legal issues down the road if you find yourself in a situation with someone who is really messed up in the head. My husband is a mental health couselor and he has his masters. But he needs two more years of supervision before he can even look to get his license. Unfortunately, a BA in psychology doesn't get you anything in this world today. It's a shame really but you need to get a master's degree to even continue in your field.

They weren't getting on your case to be rude or mean. They were simply checking. We don't want you to get into a really serious legal issue down the road because you worded things wrong. It's actually illegal for you to say you're couselling others. You need to tell them that you don't have your license.

~Jessie

• Like Like x 4
  6. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Hello,

While your intent was probably positive, it is unethical to offer such assistance on an online forum in this matter without a license. I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.