Hello all. | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Hello all.

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Ferocious Green DragonRed DemonVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I wasn't sure if I should post here because I'm not exactly a demon from Abrahamic tradition or any other for that matter. I am demonic, just... not from this dimension. But I figured it couldn't hurt to try this anyway. My taken name is Teresa. My headmate, who's generally the front, will answer to Thrakeina. Her kind are described as demonic, but she doesn't really consider herself a demon.

I just wanted to talk to other demons and demonic entities to see what they're like around this neck of the woods, maybe make friends. If you're curious about what I am I wrote on her blog, but I'm more than willing to talk about myself and answer questions. I don't have much occasion to normally.
     Teresa  

2. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Ah, hello. I do not resonate with any religious traditions myself, I definitely identify as a demon. My ears definitely perked up at "not from this dimension," gotta say. Have you any description or such? I'm not really from "around here" either.

3. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    We think it's some sort of parallel or alternate world or something. There were comparable features to Earth, such as the world in question having magma and a lot of surface water. We think humans or an equivalent species existed there, my partner certainly remembers them. Most of my time was spent in an active volcano with more of my kind, and sometimes I left to descend the mountain and gather news about the region. I was built to withstand a dip in a lava lake, so leaving the mountain meant bitter effing cold, but it was necessary. Several of the old gods of Earth originated there, and for whatever reason slipped between the worlds to act here. It's possible that more from that reality were reincarnated here, given the pre-formed path. Where are you from?
     Teresa  

4. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Wow! That's very interesting, might you recall which deities? I enjoy studying that sort of thing..

Myself..ah, my memories of my home-hometown, it had a lot of trees, big trees everywhere. It's probably why I get anxious if I'm a place with few to no trees for too long. Home is full of people that are different kinds, feed on different things, some similar stuff to here, but in feeling it's like going from a faded polaroid photo (here feels like) to real life(memories of home feel like). Gah..my syntax is terrible tonight! Appologies..

5. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    (grin) You're fine, you're fine. Definitely Tiamat and we're fairly certain Apsu, possibly Ereshkigal and related gods, the gods of Xibalba, and possibly a few of the Indian spirits though we're unsure which. My people had more of a nature-worship thing, and my headmate was a 'daughter' of Tiamat, and we didn't have much contact with the other tribes and nations. You very well could have been in the same world as us... though I don't want to get my hopes up because there are millions, and our descriptions are so vague. Do you remember the magic that existed, if any, where you were?
     Teresa  

6. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    If my phrasing gets too..awkward, kindly let me know.
    Oooh, the really old primal ones.. Heh.. By "'daughter'" do you mean devotee or descendant? There's only two worshipped deities in my area, I don't recall their names, but a "shade" goddess and a moon goddess. Apparently there used to be more, but it had been a very long time. This is in a place of later resistance, rather far from my hometown, a city near a large lake, but also close to a sea.

Yes, definitely magic..haha.. Some could affect others, some mostly their own bodies.

7. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    We'll ask you to clarify if needed, but you're clear enough. (shrug) Tiamat birthed the ušumgal, as well as other species, for her armies against the younger gods. Tiamat did not have a direct hand in Tahazeiš's birth, and I doubt they ever met, but my partner's species as a whole descends from that goddess.
    A shade goddess and a moon goddess? That's really interesting. I wonder if the other gods faded or slipped to other worlds...
    And what do you mean when you say a place of later resistance?

The magic... I remember seals and circles, magic used to bind souls. My people used all kinds of names for different purposes so that no Hunter could use out real name to bind us.
     Teresa  

8. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    * o* ooooh...
    From the little contact I've had with the few others I've found over the years, leaving does seem to be the case. Or possibly even some fading..
    It means I made a typo, and the dyslexia is worse than I thought!:coldsweat2: It should properly be "residence".

A-ah? Is that so?? Haha...I'm only freaking out a little mentally:coldsweat2:

9. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Our girlfriend is dyslexic, has a terrible time of it with math. Typos happen, don't fret. ;)
    As for the magic... things were fairly unpleasant, yeah. We had defenses, but slavery is a creative business. As beings that can quite happily survive on energy alone, and who drain that energy directly from the world's blood (magma), my kin were full of raw magic. Others discovered ways to use our names to bind us and funnel my power, for example, into a non-magical master, thus making him a powerful magic user with minimal effort. So I crafted a rough spell to bind myself to a dying soul in the hopes that I could flee to another world and be anchored so no one could summon me back. The result is... unexpected, but logical enough. We're headmates.
     Teresa  

10. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Oh, geeze math..once I screwed up a math problem and got 6.66... I carried a one instead of a two. The irony did not escape me.
    D8> [non-allowed explitive]! That's awful..and extremely similar to stuff done in my home.. Like..wow, holy carp similar.

11. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    6.66? (grin) The irony is beautiful. But stuff in your home was similar?! Really?! Like how?
     Teresa  

12. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Hahaha..it was really awkward since it was on a job application for subway..

Gosh, where to start.. I guess with the names=binding part? So, there are predatory "job hunters," pretty much offering jobs (not usually well paying) to folks in poor economic states. The contract to work requires signing your actual name, thus your very soul, into the employer's control. It's pretty much a life of being owned, and everyone lives pretty long..

I also know of one being (not here, only over there) able to dig so deeply into people's mind's, he can gain their true name and use them as a puppet.

Then there's some soul-splitting magic that involves special symbols, that forces part of a soul into another world/plane.

13. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    That sounds scarily familiar. I touched on this in our blog thing, but my people had different kinds of names. A given name from our parents or leaders, a taken name that was more informal, and a written name. The written name was to be protected at all costs, often kept even from your own mate and relatives. It was the true name of your soul, and if discovered could be used to control the individual. It was a key part of the binding circles used to drain our power. The binding spell I created in a rush to escape was a pretty crude thing involving my true name and intimate knowledge of the second party, binding our souls so that when she died I would be pulled along as well.

True names in my experience weren't necessarily verbal or easy to write, possibly abstract symbols of concepts, certain sounds or even a sequence of flashes, but there were methods of transcribing them.
     Teresa  

#13 Thrakeina, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  14. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Unfortunately the details I can recall specifically about names are kinda scant, though I know of a friend there who never knew her name because of being abandoned after birth, a friend of mine had actually had some kind of spell cast to find her actual name. He was hoping it would keep her from trying to run away (she was very sick, but afraid of accepting help because of the way she was "raised"). Her name came through when they met eyes, she knew it was hers, and cried.
    From the little else I have, people will use an entirely false name, or shorten their name, sometimes to a single syllable.

Hearing my full name spoken from the three people I've trusted here (one whom helped me recover it) makes me intensely uncomfortable. I'm not sure how to really describe the feeling.

You must've had (have?) a lot of power, or willpower, to pull that off. Do you know what became of your body?

15. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    I was pretty determined. I'm not sure what my power levels were like compared to others, but my body... when the spell went through I was pulled. I wasn't expecting to be in someone else's body when I came here, I think my body either dissolved in the crossing or just dropped like a puppet without my soul in it.
    The customs of us in the volcano I remember being very particular compared to how people acted in the outside world, but true names were a universal thing. Some people didn't know theirs, or did and used the name their parents gave them or a nickname. I don't remember mine. But both of us are unsettled by the thought of someone using our true names even in a friendly way. My partner's paranoid to the point that she doesn't want her human name on the internet if at all possible, but Teresa is a name I chose so I'm freer with it.
     Teresa  

16. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Willpower can accomplish a lot..
    Names are really a big thing, I still find it weird, probably always will, how eager, willing, and mandatory name exchanging is here. I don't actually ask people their names, haha..

17. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    It is weird! And given the powers of Google it's even stranger. Nicknames are a thing, but there's no protective name, no defense in case the person you're talking to is unsavory. But names in this world overall are fascinating, from the arrangement of family names vs given names, and middle names, and having multiple family names or a maiden name.
     Teresa  

18. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Haha
    Sometimes, I like to read the various names on the stones in cemeteries, wonder of their etymological origins. Name culture here, in the western parts, at least, is quite social.

19. Thrakeina

Thrakeina Hatchling

Bones:
    Ƀ48.32
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Definitely. And when you find someone with the same last name, or someone with the same first name, all opportunities to get to know each other. Names become labels for things, or people are named for common things like songs.
     Teresa  

20. just an incubus

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ129.80
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I've read that ancient Egyptians had belief in true names, I wonder if they still apply to humans even if unaware.

Never met anyone here with this body's current first name, I'll doubtfully meet any after I have it legally changed. Though, there are quite a few with the same family name about, maybe I'll endeavor to look into the etymology of it..eventually.