Hello! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Hello!

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,404.34
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I'm Charias. Most likely you've seen me posting around the forums, but if not... well, hello! I'm an 18 year old non-binary blob of identity confusion (oh, yes, and I'm also a wolf).

I identify as an ancient incorporeal polymorphic demonic energy being with strong ties to nature, and a particular affinity for natural disasters and the cycle of life and death. Still trying (and so far failing) to find a better way to describe myself. I awakened two/three years ago, and tend to refer to it as my 'second awakening' because it happened separately from my awakening as a wolf therian. Since then, I've felt confused, delusional, insane, scared and lonely, and haven't actually came much closer to understanding what I really am despite my best efforts... but I guess that's all part of being otherkin, right?

I'm here because, despite hours of researching, I'm still not entirely sure what it means to be demonkin, or, if I'm honest, what a demon even is. I'm completely open to the fact that I might be labelling myself wrong here (it wouldn't be the first time); I'm just here to learn, and to try to understand. And if I can help others do the same, all the better!

I could probably write an entire essay about my kintype and my experiences with it and still not have covered everything, but I'll just leave it at that for now. I welcome any questions though (hell, maybe some interrogation would help me figure it out).

Not linking to my original intro thread because I mostly wrote about my theriotype on there. I was too nervous to go into any of this stuff, so I doubt there's anything relevant to it on there.

2. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ845.20
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Hey, welcome! I feel like I have a certain type of being on the tip of my tongue when you described yourself, but sadly any specifics escape me. Or I might have seen someone else with a similar identity? You're not alone there in that case.

The best definition I've come up with for a demon, personally, is "a broad category of mythological creatures or spirits typically categorized as evil or chaotic by their respective mythologies". Thanks to someone somewhere down the line, we don't have anything specific to refer to because whoever translated these beings as 'demon' was not picky about where they applied it. I imagine some clarification on the definition could be "demonic being not otherwise specified" which covers a separation between demons and other mythological creatures such as kitsune or dragons, which can have demonic tendencies in some stories. Although then you have weird grey area beings like fallen angels...it's a mess.

Hmm....I might make a better post for this in the demon debate section as a discussion.

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Welcome. Honestly I don't think any of us can really define demonkin. There are barely any resources out there and we all seem to have slightly different experinces of what demonkin. Of course demons are a huge broad spectrum so it maybe hard to define us as a whole. We have been finding a select few universal traits so far. So hopefully we'll be able to someday have a nice long list to truely help people.
    Are you saying polymorph because of your ability to shape shift? This is actually a very common trait for demonkin. It doesn't mean you are actually a polymorph. All of us with this trait had one heck of a time finding our true forms. Your lucky to realize your a demonkin if you have this trait too. Many of us thought we where kitsunes at some point from what I can tell. Maybe we can help you figure it out. Let me tell you though, it was far from easy. I suggest posting in demon experinces to see if others have the same experinces in some way shape or form as you do.

4. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,404.34
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    @Cipher oh, really? Honestly, even the possibility that there's something out there similar to me (or even just someone with a similar kintype) is just... really great. :D

Wow, it does sound like a mess... at least I'm not the only one confused by the whole thing. I guess that's one purpose of this group, though - we can try and figure it out, to the best of our abilities at least.

@Maggie Darkmoon no, me identifying as polymorphic is deeper thing than that. I did identify as a shapeshifter for a while, but it never felt right; then I just identified as a demonic entity, but that didn't feel entirely right either. I think, for me, the difference is that I don't just cameo shift - I essentially have cameo identities, that feel the same as my true kintypes but aren't permanent. I tend to mimic things on instinct as a way to understand them. There's other things, too, that make me feel like a polymorph, but I don't want to go on too much about it. :p

I'm not sure whether me being polymorphic is actually related to my demonic kintype, though - it might be a psychological thing for all I know. I suppose I'll figure it out eventually! I actually only considered polymorph as a kintype a few days ago; I'm still in the "trying this out" stage, but it feels right so far.

I do appreciate the advice, though! :)

5. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,121.58
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    Hello there! I can't quite give you much information on demons, since I don't know much about them and you'll get better information from actually demonkin folks like the ones above. But, I can say welcome to the community!

6. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Charias That is exsactly what I'm talking about. Polymorph, shapeshifter, what ever. Feeling you found your form temperarily then something causes a change and it never ends. That's exsactly what I delt with for 3 years. I was sick of it. Thankfully with the right meditations I was able to slowly find myself. I never took the form of something to understand it however, which is probably because I didn't care to understand. However those are the same exsact symptoms I had. Polymorph felt wrong and actually scared me, I felt I had a true form deep down and I did. Does this mean that this is what you are experincing? No. However due to the fact that a lot of demonkin go through this, I feel there is a high chance.

@MechanicJasper Sweety this is a forum group made for demonkin. Not really sure why you are replying to this. It is an open group so you do have the freedom to do so. Just, don't feel like your obligated too. Your not.

7. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,121.58
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    @Maggie Darkmoon
    Oh crud, I'm sorry. I keep seeing the posts to this group on the main forum page's "new posts" thing and mixing them up with threads in the Scent Rolling forum. I'm really sorry, I'll try to be more careful.

8. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,404.34
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    @Maggie Darkmoon well, it's something I'll keep in mind, for sure! I actually like shapeshifting, though. It feels like something natural to me, now that I recognise and understand it. I enjoy the cameos I have. It just feels right for me. For a while I did try to find my "true" form, but restricting myself to a single form didn't sit well with me - it felt unnatural and forced. I just don't feel like I have any set form that's more real for me than any others. It's kind of hard to explain, but I hope that makes at least a little sense?

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @MechanicJasper oh that's how you keeping finding them? I was curious. It's totally fine.

@Charias No I totally understand. I don't like shifting because I didn't see it as shifting. I saw it as myself being wrong about who I was. Finding out I was a demon was impossible till I found my true form. Which is part of why I hate it so much. I will shift from time to time but I'm at the point where I have stopped now because I feel like I'm lying to myself. I also fear that it may cause confusion again.

Oh another thing, it seems I only shifted into things that I had past lives as. So they came with memories which made it more confusing.