Hi | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Hi

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Hi,

I'm a newly awakened Demonkin. Twenty-eight years old, it's taken me awhile. I've known I was different since as long as I can remember, but I never understood how. I've long had an interest in the spirituality and the occult, but have been hampered from pursuing these due to long-standing personal crises: manic-depression, rampant alcoholism, job dissatisfaction, etc, etc. Anyways, my origins were revealed to me in some detail through channelings last winter. At that point, the term "demon" was never used, but it was clear to me that my previous existence was as an incorporeal soul whose role was to relay information through the underworld. I now understand that my precise function was to observe natural and human activity on the surface, then to channel that information back through the roots and soil of the Earth to whatever powers dwell beneath. As such, my alignment is basically neutral. I am not particularly compassionate or malevolent, though I am capable of expressing either.

Last week, I could really feel the presence of my Demon soul for the first time. It was frightening, overwhelming, and euphoric all at once. I found I could alter my state of consciousness to tap into my soul, imparting enhanced perception, reflexes, and intuition. Very soon after though, I discovered the need to feed. I have always had a burdensome physical and mental lethargy, and I suppose in the past I passively picked up on the ambient energy of those around me to sustain myself. But awakening made me realize the need to actively feed on prana, and this was troubling. I had difficulty choosing targets, so at first I resolved to take from those who had taken from me. I work retail, so this meant the people I had helped. Next, I found situations where I could take small amounts from many people over a short time. Driving provides numerous targets in rapid succession. I focus on one or more within visual range, breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. It feels a little like smoking weed. There's a noticeable euphoria and then heightened energy and awareness. Grocery stores are also good feeding grounds.

This is all new to me, I'm not very well read on any of the phenomena I am experiencing, just working primarily from intuition. I look forward to meeting other Demonkin, and learning from each other's experiences.

-Dav

2. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    Welcome to the place! There is a lot to unpack from this introduction, but there is one very important question I want to ask: what do you mean by "channeling" exactly? Believe me, figuring out ones kin type is not a simple process. I would recommend not relying too much on outside information or special processes to figure yourself out. It takes a long time, and it ultimately has to come from yourself.

I'll be honest, there are a few other parts of this post that give me pause. I don't remember whether it's a discreetly written rule, but we generally follow the policy that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You mentioned enhanced reflexes and perception among other things; some further explanation of that would be helpful.

Beyond that, if you have any questions, let us know. Also, please check out the Library for more details.

3. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Channeling. Well, I had a spirit guide for the past three years, I think. I don't know if channeling is the correct term, but we had many conversations. Usually he gave me advice, and he was usually right. But he was the one who told me.

But yeah, I'm not entirely convinced of any of this myself to be honest. I am convinced of reincarnation and the existence of other types of entities, but I have no way of proving my "otherness" to myself or anyone else. And by "enhanced reflexes and perception" I am not referring to anything superhuman, just enhanced from what I normally work with. I do a lot of physical labor, so it's easy to tell.

4. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying.

5. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Welcome. Have you tried feeding off of ambient energy like an empty store before it opens? That helped me a lot and I didn't have to drain people.

6. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    No. I've been able to draw some energy directly from the Earth. It's like a blue flame. But I haven't been able to get around the need for direct feeding. It's becoming more and more unsettling to me, so I'm willing to try any alternatives. The feeding heightens my acuity so much that I become anxious and afraid. I am afraid of unintentionally hurting people. Also, I am sometimes aware of presences that seem to be testing me, sizing me up. I'm very confused.

7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Ok so you can't draw from trees and plants? Hmm that's interesting that it's so limited. Maybe you should try and go to crowded events like fairs? Be that creeper on the bench LOL. No no don't do that.

8. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I have to be honest, I still don't understand what you mean by "feeding." How does that happen, what does it represent? And how does it affect the victim? Sorry for all the questions; I've a very curious person :)

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Feeding like what a psychic vampire does. Demons generally have vampiric tenancies.

10. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Yes, that's exactly it. I've been reading The Psychic Vampire Codex to understand it better. I still don't know what all I could do. This is all new to me. I have unintentionally drawn from animals a few times. When I do they stop moving. I've been testing this on flies, and they stay put as long as I'm focused on them. It's really weird.

I've also tried drawing energy from wind and sunlight, but it's not the same. I can't get ahold of any life force that way. Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking out my a**. Just stating what I'm experiencing.

11. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @DavGiar I have the psychic vampire codex myself however there is a problem with it. It does give you base information but it's written by a women in a specific house. There for it is bias. So not everything in there is viable, the basics are however. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Maybe I can shine some more light on the subject for you. There is a high chance that you where feeding subconsciously, you maybe doing it still but now you are also doing it consciously. I used to do that too, however I now just let my body get what it needs when it needs it, aka subconsciously. Animals stop moving? Wow, that's new to me. Your drawing from them way too hard is my guess. I'd really advise going into a crowded area and mass drawing then so you don't hurt anyone or anything.

Um... wind and sunlight do not have life force in them what so ever. Go into a forest and draw off all the trees and plants as an experiment. Also we should move this to here: Feeding
    (New topic on feeding aside from the hunger thread because well, we don't want to turn your intro into a different topic)

12. DavGiar

DavGiar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.75
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Thanks for your input, Maggie. It's been helpful.

13. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Welcome to the site! I hope you have a great time here, if you ever need anything, I'm always here to help. :)

14. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Magic This is the demonkin group introduction not scent rolling.

@DavGiar Welcome!