Holidays 2020 thread

Just a little thread for the upcoming 2020 holidays! It's that time of the year again...
Are you looking forward to the holidays? Why or why not? Do you have any holiday traditions? Any special recipes you wanna share? What do you celebrate, if anything? This thread is also a place you can post about what your holiday plans are or what kinds of gifts you want/got!

Personally I bought a ticket for my family and I to go to a drive-thru trail of lights event. I'm also already doing some holiday shopping and have some gifts picked out for my loved ones. I'm going to buy some holiday decorations soon too, which is always fun. My family and I also get a real tree every year usually, I love how it smells and looks.

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Haha, good idea. I definitely look forward to the holiday season. It's always such a peaceful time. I think I'll mostly read my books on consciousness research, quantum physics, practice meditation, do a bit of programming and relax. I also got a project I'm working on, but I'll do everything with much time. And sleep too much, maybe..

I'm afraid I'll have to die of boredom with Christmas meals, or watch knives fly (luckily I hope not literally), which I didn't like at all.
I thought that the covid would bring good to get rid of the Christmas pain, but in Spain it has not succeeded.
Although this year there will be a wonderful difference: I have Hester by my side.

I have mixed feelings about the holidays, on one claw i have Yule, but on the other claw I have Christmas shoved in my face. But I am looking forward to 2020 being over.

Just a little thread for the upcoming 2020 holidays! It's that time of the year again...
Are you looking forward to the holidays? Why or why not? Do you have any holiday traditions? Any special recipes you wanna share? What do you celebrate, if anything? This thread is also a place you can post about what your holiday plans are or what kinds of gifts you want/got!

Personally I bought a ticket for my family and I to go to a drive-thru trail of lights event. I'm also already doing some holiday shopping and have some gifts picked out for my loved ones. I'm going to buy some holiday decorations soon too, which is always fun. My family and I also get a real tree every year usually, I love how it smells and looks.
Definitely lookin forward to the holidays! getting our first cosplay!! I personally don't celebrate anything but act like I celebrate Xmas! cant wait! Hope everyone on KM has a good holiday!🤗

I tend to celebrate two holidays, since my family on my mom's side is Jewish and my family on my dad's side is Christian, but we're not really religious (so thank goodness over on my end). I've already opened a few presents a few days ago that were mostly clothes items for Hanukkah, and then I tore apart the wrapping paper because why wouldn't I as that's a good way to get some stress out. So the interesting thing in my family is that while we have candles lighted in a menorah there is also a fully decorated Christmas tree (ours isn't real though as it's a fake tree) with lights and all in another nearby room. We don't really have that many traditions though we do tend to open presents as soon as we possibly can, and we typically try to have a nice meal on Christmas eve with dessert following. I generally tend to look forward to the holidays, but mostly because of the different energy they have compared to the rest of the year along with different food and presents. Also my mom tends to watch a few holiday movies every single year so I've already seen some even though it's only near halfway through December.

I hope the rest of you have a good holiday season this year!

I loved reading everybody's replies! Very interesting to read and at times, funny as well. I hope everyone is doing well and is happy. And staying safe!

My Christmas went well (I also celebrate Yule by myself), so I was gifted lots of cool things by my family and had a really nice meal yesterday evening with them. Then I eventually slept it off lol. I'm looking forward to New Year's eve and celebrating the incoming new year, 2021. This year has come and gone so quickly, I'm surprised by that. Or maybe I'm just getting older so the years seem shorter... Hmm... But I hope everyone has a good time celebrating the end of this year and bringing in the new one!