How did you find the Kinmunity? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

How did you find the Kinmunity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raijun, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I'm always interested in odd little historical facts; piecing the little bits of reality together to form a tapestry of understanding and, with any luck, a touch of wisdom as well.

So! That said, how did everyone here find the Kinmunity? Not that I would be one to speak for it, but it's fairly self-evident that it exists and we're all here, so come on, tell us. :p

I followed another user here. I haven't been on an Otherkin-related community in four or so years, so this is as good as any to start with.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Kitsu

Kitsu Kapptsune

Bones:
    Ƀ127.02
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    I found Wulf Howl first by googling for Otherkin forums. Then when it came to Kinmunity, I found its existence through another 'kin forum.

3. TheSolitaryGray

TheSolitaryGray Vaki'ir
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ28.14
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    Honestly, I Googled 'Otherkin Forums' and this was the only one that was active at the time. Most of the other ones I've found are dead, which is a real shame.

4. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    About 5 years ago I researched aspects of myself in search for others like me. In google I typed out "I think I am an animal"
    I found forums I didn't understand then I found a VIDEO some years later which had @Shiro in it as well as others who experienced the same things as I did.
    It's what made me know the terms and look further into it! So from then on I would look deeper and deeper and within I'd say 2 years more groups sprouted and FB had things to join and it's been about a year now that I have devoted my time to the actual community. Whether it be helping others or learning new things about other kinds of kin.

#4 AppyHeart, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Luario

Luario The Punished
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.31
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    This site? I was trying to figure out what happend to OKC and looking for places where I could ask about it. And I found this place.
    About entire otherkin community: Firstly I heard about it in furry fandom, later I was jumping from wiki to wiki looking for more information and I found OKC wiki and their own forum as well.

6. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I was originally on Wulf Howl, and wondered what the heck happened to it, so, I started talking to Shiro on a messenger. He told me what happened, and his new project for this site; so, I knew about this website for quite a while. He told me as soon as it was up for the public, and I joined the first day.

7. Lost

Lost Wyrmling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ90.85
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    i found out through a tumblr blog called "otherkinfaq" i think, because someone linked me to it when i asked about otherkin

8. Ecione

Ecione Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.28
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I took that survey a little bit ago about otherkin, and Kinmunity was one of the options for frequented sites. When I decided I wanted to participate in the otherkin community again and OKC was down, I checked it out and decided to join.

9. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    A friend of mine just recently made an account and since I had been feeling restless to join in the community a bit more recently, I figured why not join? And now here I am.

10. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    I really like how some people here share that same backstory. It can only be a good thing. I mean in addition to every other type of forum-discovery, that is.

11. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I definitely think it's a good thing! It means that current members hare having a good experience and saying positive things about it to others. One of the best reputation builders is word of mouth. A place can advertise that they're safe and inclusive all they want, but it's the people that are part of the community and have experienced it that tell the real story.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Hibiscus

Hibiscus Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I think it was because I was feeling exceptionally weird and incapable of interacting comfortably in a human centric environment. I was doing a lot of general research on therians and found myself here from another website, which by the looks of things is probably defunct at this point. I'm not entirely sure but I was hesitant of a forum at first, glad I went ahead and joined anyway.

13. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I know I've mentioned this a lot, but I had a friend that came from a strict religious family and was never able to look into paranormal or metaphysical. We'd gotten into discussions about those subjects before, and one day he sent me the link to Wulfhowl and asked my opinion; I looked through the site a couple of days before joining. My life was hectic at that time so I wasn't on as much as I wanted and lost the site when my laptop crashed, after getting a new computer I tried to look it up and got directed here.

14. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I came here through Scandiacus, who I met on another forum way back when. Since I could feel the Unstoppable Feeling coming along, I asked if she knew of any welcoming otherkin forums where I could find people with whom to share my experience. I've been on otherkin forums in general for ages, but all of my previous haunts have since closed down. So, here I am!

15. RosaChaiKitten

RosaChaiKitten Rosá Chai Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ12.72
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I was looking for otherkin forums, not many are active or even still running. But this one was so i joined. (U◕ฺ㉨◕ฺ)ノ

16. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Well hi! Welcome! Be sure to make an introduction thread in this forum here. Seems to be all the rage.

17. RosaChaiKitten

RosaChaiKitten Rosá Chai Kitten
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ12.72
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Oh thank you! (U •́ .̫ •̀ U) Goodness this is like the friendliest welcome ever!

18. Raijun

VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    No it isn't! :D I can't wait until you get to find out what the friendliest welcome ever will be. They get someone to jump out of a cake and everything. It doesn't matter how small the cake is. They find someone.

This is me being a jerk, honest.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tabitha Driskell

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.47
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :)
    I dunno who but someone had this site on their tumble, I checked it and here I am. I can't remember anything else, working still on my memory.

20. anders

anders Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    I also found it through tumblr - I don't think it was any specific blog but rather several people who mentioned it and finally I decided to actually sign up.

• Like Like x 2