Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

How do i find out my kin name?

youtilla

Pronouns
Feminine
Hi! I'm new here! I am an elf and for a while have been trying to figure out a name for myself...I seen a lot of other otherkins who feel bad about there "human name" and change it to a kin name when they kin...But i've never felt that way. Is that ok? I love my name tbh, My full name is Fahteyah (Faye for short) I love it. It means spirit of happiness in arabic. I'm half egpytian and didn't ever get to learn a lot about that side of me so that name and my relgious practices are all I have. I love my name so much and dunno if i'll ever need a kin name. But at the same time I feel like i want one. Like a kin name I can use when i go full elf...But idk...

Water Horse

Pronouns
Masculine
That is absolutely okay.
Many people who are otherkin feel like they want an alias in the community, but that is not necessary. It might be because they want an alias that reflects their identity better than their legal name. Or maybe they just want a bit of anonymity (that is where I fit in; I go by a nickname and not my legal name in this community).

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Similar to Water Horse, I go by a name that is not my legal name. This is for several reasons but the main is that I am the main "soul" in the Olympus system. Host's name is [Name] but I, the personality everyone knows, am Finna Alsvartr. That's my "soul's" name (it means pitch-black healer in Old Norse). Another is that it reflects my religious and spiritual beliefs, while encompassing all of my kintypes.

I completely understand the wanting to have a different name within the community, but that is really up to you to find what it is. Maybe try looking at fictional elves and their names (depending on the type of elf you are), preferably more obscure ones, like for example:

• Jerlayne (from Jerlayne by Lynn Abbey)
  • Elmeene (same as prior)
  • Teek (female wood elf from Of Elvan Heroes from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss series. Finna knows the author, J.R. Knoll, in person)
  • Feylon (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Revilee (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. She's actually a dragon. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Maelynn (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Bellith (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Falloah (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. She's actually a dragon. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Just take a look at the entire series here for more names. The possibilities are endless (and this is not me sponsoring but I legit almost named myself Ellianta after one of the characters because she was by far my favorite): Books by J.R. Knoll (Author of Zoe, Undead)

Last edited by a moderator:

youtilla

Pronouns
Feminine
That is absolutely okay.
Many people who are otherkin feel like they want an alias in the community, but that is not necessary. It might be because they want an alias that reflects their identity better than their legal name. Or maybe they just want a bit of anonymity (that is where I fit in; I go by a nickname and not my legal name in this community).
thank you so much, I feel in some ways i do want a name for my elvin idenity but I also i think would be fine just staying with my legal name..
Post automatically merged:

Similar to Water Horse, I go by a name that is not my legal name. This is for several reasons but the main is that I am the main "soul" in the Olympus system. Host's name is Clara but I, the personality everyone knows, am Finna Alsvartr. That's my "soul's" name (it means pitch-black healer in Old Norse). Another is that it reflects my religious and spiritual beliefs, while encompassing all of my kintypes.

I completely understand the wanting to have a different name within the community, but that is really up to you to find what it is. Maybe try looking at fictional elves and their names (depending on the type of elf you are), preferably more obscure ones, like for example:

• Teek (female wood elf from Of Elvan Heroes from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss series. Finna knows the author, J.R. Knoll, in person)
  • Feylon (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Revilee (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. She's actually a dragon. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Maelynn (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Bellith (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Falloah (not an elf but another character from the Chronicles of Brawrloxoss. She's actually a dragon. If you can't tell I love the series. Mr. Knoll comes up with lovely characters with unique names)
  • Just take a look at the entire series here for more names. The possibilities are endless (and this is not me sponsoring but I legit almost named myself Ellianta after one of the characters because she was by far my favorite): Books by J.R. Knoll (Author of Zoe I consider myself kind of like an "urban elf" or "kemetic elf". But, i have a real connection to the dead and i love flowers and plants and being outside...I actually walk around barefoot lol. I apprieate this a lot. Thank you

(sorry btw for the spelling, I'm dyslexic)

Similar to Water Horse, I go by a name that is not my legal name. This is for several reasons but the main is that I am the main "soul" in the Olympus system. Host's name is Clara but I, the personality everyone knows, am Finna Alsvartr. That's my "soul's" name (it means pitch-black healer in Old Norse). Another is that it reflects my religious and spiritual beliefs, while encompassing all of my kintypes.

• Just take a look at the entire series here for more names. The possibilities are endless (and this is not me sponsoring but I legit almost named myself Ellianta after one of the characters because she was by far my favorite): Books by J.R. Knoll (Author of Zoe, Undead)
I think i would consider myself an "Urban elf" I don't really honestly know that either and thats probably why i haven't found a good kin name yet...I know i have a tru connection to spirits and what is on the other side. I also love the outdoors and respect the earth. I walk around barefoot and love butterflies and what not...so im just not sure...but thank you so much..

Last edited:

Asherah

Pronouns
Masculine
Finding your name is a long and arduous process... as a trans intersex person, finding a name is hard. It's a journey!

Your name sounds beautiful- but, I absolutely understand not vibing with your human name at all. All I can really suggest is branching out and looking for whatever names you can find out in the wild and see what calls to you. There are also a group of elves called The Silver Elves who are elders of the otherkin community. They give elves names! Now granted, they are done via email, so they are not exactly a perfect fit chosen for you to use forever, but it's a good jumping point nevertheless. I contacted The Silver Elves last year and got my elven name for funsies, even though I realized I'm not an elf, but a unicorn. ^ ^ I think that might behoove you! I can provide you the links, if you'd like!

youtilla

Pronouns
Feminine
Finding your name is a long and arduous process... as a trans intersex person, finding a name is hard. It's a journey!

Your name sounds beautiful- but, I absolutely understand not vibing with your human name at all. All I can really suggest is branching out and looking for whatever names you can find out in the wild and see what calls to you. There are also a group of elves called The Silver Elves who are elders of the otherkin community. They give elves names! Now granted, they are done via email, so they are not exactly a perfect fit chosen for you to use forever, but it's a good jumping point nevertheless. I contacted The Silver Elves last year and got my elven name for funsies, even though I realized I'm not an elf, but a unicorn. ^ ^ I think that might behoove you! I can provide you the links, if you'd like!
oh my god yes please! I'd love that. If you could pm it to me or just here would be great. Thank you so much