• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

how do I start my research?

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Hello there! Hm.. it's a bit difficult to give advice since we don't know all too much about you. May I recommend posting an intro in the Scent Rolling subforum and tell us a bit about you? Especially why you consider to have a non-human identity in the first place? Your kin card says you may be demon or elf kin... why do you think so?

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Fantastic! So... where to start? First of all, I see that you're questioning being kin at all, and I think that's very good! After all, you don't need to be otherkin in order to be special or interesting, and a non-human identity is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. After all, you can't become otherkin... either you are or not, and both is totally fine! Exploring yourself is not an easy path at all, it's often a path of hard work, questioning and doubt. The question is why you'd think you're nonhuman in the first place. Maybe that's a good starting point... try to think about your skills, your behaviour, your likings, experiences and feelings, and how they relate to who you are. Most of us have realized at some point that identifying partly non-human would just describe us better, but the triggers and stories are different for everybody.

I'd also like to recommend reading. Lots of. You could for example start in our Library to learn the basic terms, and read through other member's intros in the Scent Rolling forum. Many report of truly fascinating awakening experiences, and some also report how they found out about them. That might help you to a great degree. Don't jump on conclusions too quickly, though... always take your time. Hopefully knowing what others have experienced might give you a better basis for understanding yourself. Maybe you even find that you felt similar things yourself. Don't hesitate to ask questions, everybody will be happy to help!

I also recommend to document things a bit. This thread could be used for that... many members also use their public blogs, which are another great resource and lots of valuable reads! At some point, you might also want to start meditation. It's a technique used by many and I think it can tell you something about yourself. Always take things with a good amount of scepticism, though.

You see there's a lot of things you can start with. Most importantly maybe.. don't let anybody tell you who or what you are. Trust your feelings. And have fun! That's at least what I would recommend at this point :squintderg: