Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

How do you feel about non-otherkin people and kins other than your own?

Angfel

Pronouns
Masculine
I tend to look down on non-orherkin...sorta the same way wizards look down on muggles in the Harry Potter universe.

Jeb_CC

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
I find it harder to relate to humans, and there is some sense of superiority - like feeling like I'm supposed to have stronger jaws than them.
But I don't 'look down on them' per say. They're just different, and we do share the same kind of body.

CoolishBean

Pronouns
Feminine
I don’t feel too much about it but in a way I do think I’m superior in a way. It’s like I know I can do these things they can’t and I know I can see the world and nature differently

Cartoon Cat

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Masculine
I suspect that everyone is otherkin because of past lives but, i can't confirm it. Besides it's not my place to say. As for other kintypes it varies between kintype to kintype
Post automatically merged:

As for the human race at large. They're a necessity for toons. A toon is nothing without an audience

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
It is something of mine that I freely admit I frown upon humanity. I have no love of humans and while I regard them as generally inferior, as much as I wish to loathe them - and had a tremendous well of hatred for them for much of my life - I cannot help but pity them instead.

In many ways, it is the human failing which has aspired me to invest further into what it is that I am - the within at the cornerstone of being. Why would I want to lower myself to something so miserable? Why live as they do, only to share in their suffering again? Why desire all the things they have, of which none give pleasure? If anything, the nature of being a beast of old placed back down into this life again, aware of myself, and aware of my distaste and distrust of humans makes it the case that I can only show them how to live better. In one of many ways, it is this that drives me to serve as an exemplar.

If they do not know the way, they do not know the path even into themselves, I need show them it.

Star_3_Dreamer

Gold Donor
Pronouns
Neutral
I love the other humans, but I am sad when I see so often that they’ve forgotten what it is to be a human—an animal, like the rest of us. When they do remember, it’s easier to connect to them in a genuine way.
I can be a human sometimes, but to act like they expect of me, like just another one that’s forgotten that they are a creature living here too, it is difficult and tiring.
I hope, collectively, we/they can remember what it is to be a human, and what basic needs humans need to thrive, and that we won’t have to feel so afraid anymore.

Chime

Pronouns
Feminine
I do not hate humanity. Instead I hate what they have become. Humanity has the intelligence and creativity to bring good to this world. They are capable of so much and it is sad to see their talents go to waste.

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
I feel an almost maternal protectiveness over humanity in general. However, living among humans has taught me that most of them have no desire to be viewed that way and would reject such an attitude violently. I have placed my protectiveness instead over those humans I am close to, and have forced myself to become more distant to other humans. I sigh and shake my head at humanity in general, as what the species has done to itself and its home is tragic and somewhat pathetic. The lucky ones who gain power sacrifice their fellow humans, and the health of their only home, for the sake of this imagined power that only exists because others in their strange system of self-governance give it to them. However I do not hold this against "the little man" and those just trying to find their way in the world. A few bad ones have damaged humanity's reputation and have gone so far as to damage their fellow humans.
Regarding my fellow Otherkin who belong to other species, I try to treat each one as an individual much as I would any other sentient being (ie: humans) when I meet them. I try not to pre-judge based on kintype, but wait until I know who they are.

Skoriks

+Primal Member
VIP
Pronouns
Masculine
I'll admit, I don't generally trust humanity. Too many bad actors. That said, several of my closest friends are human, and they're good people. So it's hard for me to not see the potential in them. Still, I've never truly let my guard down around them.

I feel neither superior nor inferior to humans or any other kin type. We're all just different.

Lion

Pronouns
Masculine
Generally I am indifferent, but I must say it's interesting to see so many accounts on this thread claiming they look down on others because at the end of the day it really is impossible to tell whether or not an individual is like us without them telling us and that's just not going to happen in your day to day life.

Marie

Otherkin
Pronouns
Neutral
I'm grounded in the reality that I was born in this human body, therefore instead of hating myself or separating "us" from "them" I coexist with them. I personally don't see why I should see them as inferior or below me. I'm a mermaid spiritually and maybe even psychologically, but I was born in this human body. I'm no different than those who walk around me. I eat, I drink, I sleep in a bed, I go to work, I have pets, a boyfriend, and interests. I coexist with my humanity and make the most of what I was given. I know deep down who I am and I hope others do too. 💙 ☮️

MontyRat

Shadow Dog
Crow
Shark
Thief's Toolbox
Alterhuman
Furry
Therianthrope
Bisexual Pride
Transgender Pride
Pronouns
Masculine
I do not relate to humans at all, nor do I trust them, but I don't look down on them as if they're inferior to me.
I'm autistic. It would be like looking down on neurotypicals for not having the same software as you.

As insufferable as some humans can be, no one alterhuman or human are above one another. We're all just trying to live the way we desire.

Doll

Poison Sword
Gun
Pronouns
Neutral
I love humans. They are probably the most interesting species of animal, in my opinion. I don't want to seem...mean? But when I see someone seriously claiming they are better than humanity, I roll my eyes.

FoxyAnimations

Shark
Gay Pride
Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Non-otherkin I feel nothing towards, they are.. Strange, but I do not hate them or love them. Of course I managed to make some human friends through out my life.

Other kin not like me? More to explain. I rarely interact to befriend otherkin who I do not relate, you'd probably expect me only to relate with fellow fictionkin with very similar feelings and experiences but no (my stuff is kind of standing out). I find myself talking to a lot of otherkin who aren't therians, so I seem to avoid therians a lot, though I obv don't hate them, I just can't relate at all, that's what I realized after being on the Werelist and through figuring out if I was still a therian, to the like, two friends I have that are therians, I don't relate with the therian aspect of their identity. And all the friends I made on this site, well, our DMs have like 100s of messages lmao. Also, I have befriended a few fictionkin, just not as many as most would probably expect.

anomaly

Pronouns
Other
Swiftpaw: I've seen some elitism and nonhumans who look down heavily on humans or even otherkin/therins who partially identify as human, and we fell into that mindeset too when we were younger but now we just see them as another species and an animal like any other. I think seeing them as something far different from nonhumans is counter-productive. I have very complicated feelings towards humans due to how long I've been in a human body, but at the end of the day they're still animals and ironically I think seeing them as special is more human than anything.

Sukii

Pronouns
Masculine
I don’t say I look down on human, but I am superior. Actually I think that’s looking down on humans,,? Anyways, I feel like I can’t connect with them, due to the fact I don’t and can’t trust them.

Sol

Barghest
Otherhearted
Crow
Alterhuman
Otherkin
Fictionkin
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
I don’t say I look down on human, but I am superior. Actually I think that’s looking down on humans,,? Anyways, I feel like I can’t connect with them, due to the fact I don’t and can’t trust them.
Sorry to chime in, but virtually no one is superior while imprisoned in these flesh suits. Sadly, we are all in the same boat. Even if you do live up to centuries-old by remarkable means, you're still mortal regarding an external cause of an end. Plus, there's no easy way of knowing who is otherkin unless claiming otherwise (which means those you are surrounded by are all humans by default. In that case, there's no point in trusting anyone if not everyone). It's best to remember this for your own benefit.

Sukii

Pronouns
Masculine
Sorry to chime in, but virtually no one is superior while imprisoned in these flesh suits. Sadly, we are all in the same boat. Even if you do live up to centuries-old by remarkable means, you're still mortal regarding an external cause of an end. Plus, there's no easy way of knowing who is otherkin unless claiming otherwise (which means those you are surrounded by are all humans by default. In that case, there's no point in trusting anyone if not everyone). It's best to remember this for your own benefit.
That doesnt make sense but okay?