Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

How do you feel about non-otherkin people and kins other than your own?

Angfel

Pronouns
Masculine
I tend to look down on non-orherkin...sorta the same way wizards look down on muggles in the Harry Potter universe.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
While I contend that people are all generally equal, there are ways to distinguish oneself above and beyond one's betters, peers, or lessers. Self-betterment, self-improvement, those are the tools to go beyond just what is. Because there is the truth that virtually no one is superior while we are shackled to this life, does it not stand to reason some can push beyond this? If anything, being "other" is an excellent means to do these things, because one knows what potential is; it is experienced, it is seen, it is felt, it is desired. One can raise themselves up or alternatively, lower themselves back down or even fall terribly low.

It is also true there is no knowing "otherness" in others but in all serious likelihood, the odds of crossing paths with another of that variety, of any shape, size, shade, or stripe, is unfathomably unlikely. Perhaps we are all "other" and only some of us are aware of this but I doubt this sincerely - the few I have even so much as touched upon the faintest inklings of the idea to the few who do know me as me say they do not know the experience.

Regardless, we should not put humans down for being what they are, not even ourselves while we are here, rather we should use what we know, what we understand, what we can create to reinvent that and go beyond it.

Sol

Barghest
Otherhearted
Crow
Alterhuman
Otherkin
Fictionkin
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
While I contend that people are all generally equal, there are ways to distinguish oneself above and beyond one's betters, peers, or lessers. Self-betterment, self-improvement, those are the tools to go beyond just what is. Because there is the truth that virtually no one is superior while we are shackled to this life, does it not stand to reason some can push beyond this? If anything, being "other" is an excellent means to do these things, because one knows what potential is; it is experienced, it is seen, it is felt, it is desired. One can raise themselves up or alternatively, lower themselves back down or even fall terribly low.

It is also true there is no knowing "otherness" in others but in all serious likelihood, the odds of crossing paths with another of that variety, of any shape, size, shade, or stripe, is unfathomably unlikely. Perhaps we are all "other" and only some of us are aware of this but I doubt this sincerely - the few I have even so much as touched upon the faintest inklings of the idea to the few who do know me as me say they do not know the experience.

Regardless, we should not put humans down for being what they are, not even ourselves while we are here, rather we should use what we know, what we understand, what we can create to reinvent that and go beyond it.
Correct. The ideal route is to automatically give everyone universal respect.

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Golden Shield
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I figure that I'm here living a human life for a reason. If so, then there must be some advantage to being human while pursuing certain goals. When one says better or superior, it's important to specify how, and for which purpose. Different beings are adapted to different circumstances. Is a screwdriver superior to a hammer? Depends on whether you are dealing with screws or nails.

It takes a lot of courage and strength to deal with the uncertainty and weakness that living a human life entails. That is something to be respected. I see the difficulties that people have and I admire them for simply continuing to move forward after so many setbacks.

I may look down on people for one reason or another, but usually over something they did or said, not for being human in itself.

Foxglove

Demisexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
While yes, I find it hard to relate to humanity I do not see myself as superior or better in any way, and if I do have those thoughts I know they stem from my own ego and lack of self worth. Sometimes I use my alter humanity as a crutch to help myself feel empowered, I am more than human so I am better, but in the end I know that's not the case.

Every living thing plays an important role, and that includes humans. We are all on our own path, and though different, no one is more imperative than another.

- Corey

Cartoon Cat

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Masculine
While yes, I find it hard to relate to humanity I do not see myself as superior or better in any way, and if I do have those thoughts I know they stem from my own ego and lack of self worth. Sometimes I use my alter humanity as a crutch to help myself feel empowered, I am more than human so I am better, but in the end I know that's not the case.

Every living thing plays an important role, and that includes humans. We are all on our own path, and though different, no one is more imperative than another.

- Corey
Agreed. My kintype for example: needs an audience that they can make happy. The only species on earth that can fully comprehend television is humans. Plus humans are some species' best bet at staying extant

In short: toons need humans and other beings need humans as well

EmeraldGreen

Pronouns
Neutral
I don't exactly feel superior, but I don't like humans either (as the human race, I just feel they've done too much evil, if that makes sense). I guess you could say I feel like my race and humans should coexist on the same level, more or less.

Akriel

Pronouns
Feminine
I feel a general disconnect to almost everyone, never a sense of superiority. I agree with Shezep; I'm likely a human being for a reason. I'm not particularly happy about it, with all of the horrible things humanity has, does, and will do. I've never been big on "guilt by association" but I feel that in this context, it applies.

Cartoon Cat

Fictionkin
Pronouns
Masculine
I hid an aspect about how I truly feel about humans: I resent them. I won't go into detail but, let's just say I've been hurt by them a lot and I mean an absurd amount of times.

Soma

Pronouns
Masculine
I don't really care much about if someone is human or not. Most people are human and we have to live with those people. It's hard to ignore them ...and not every human is bad.