How do you manage your schedule? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

How do you manage your schedule?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Raijun, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Raijun

Raijun Now with 40% less almond
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.00
    Primary Identity:
    Changling
    Just a general, all-around "life" question. Answer at your leisure! It's a two-parter: What is your schedule like, and how do you be as effective within it as possible so you can function?

-={}-=------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=-{}=-​

I have to say, I do enjoy having one or two jobs that I thoroughly enjoy, despite the relative lack of sufficient payment, (Relative to the $25 an hour I wish I were making, of course) but the time management aspect is interesting. I just went from 40 hours a week to 30 hours a week to 26 hours a week to 58 hours a week all since October 2012 after Hurricane Sandy. I work in a Hardware Store (varying positions, but all entertaining...) and a computer repair shop.

I wake up at 4:30AM to get ready to leave by 5:40AM. I tend to make a cup of coffee and double-brew it in that little plastic drip filter thing that goes right over your coffee mug. I don't even really like coffee, but if it helps, I'll take it. A few handfuls of nuts are excellent protein and helps stave off hunger for otherwise lengthy workdays. I tend to make large amounts of pasta at some point in the week and just eat bunches of it for breakfast every morning. It's really inexpensive to make, too. If there is a sandwich meal the night before, I'll only eat half of it and will store the other half in a ziplock bag for lunch the next day. It's saved my life many times. Perhaps I'm overexaggerating a little bit, but I do know that without that sandwich half I would have had to go out and buy something, and really cut apart the attention span of my day.

When I get home by 5:30PM or so, I have to do any chores that I was unable to do during the day, prepare food, do laundry, clean things, (yes, things.) and check up on things on the internet. This post right here counts as one of those things. Do you know how long this post took to write? Me neither. Having less time than I used to is now a fact of life. I don't know if I would prefer having too much free time though, to be honest.

2. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I constantly worry about it to the extent that I don't get things done because I'm too worried or concerned. And then eventually, I just power through a bunch of stuff in a short period of time. Also, lists. Lists are key, but how much I rely on them changes day to day. Sometimes not looking will stress me out, and sometimes looking too much will. Such is life, I guess.

3. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    My schedule is similar to the one when I went to college. I would get up at 6:30 am and then leave for work at 7:30 am to get there at 8 am. I get off work at 4:30 pm and get $13 a hour.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Alexander Iris

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.98
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    For my current job, I work for $9.50 an hour and 32 - 40 hours a week [according to the current US labour legislation, 32 hours is considered full time, instead from the previous 35]. I own a motorcycle and my day entirely depends on that alone. It's a 23 mile drive to work, but it's train-accessible, so I can get there with or without my bike. With my bike, I can get there in about 1 hour 30 minute average. So, If I work the standard 1PM - 8PM shift, I have to wake up at 10AM and leave by 11AM. I always leave two hours in advance in case traffic decides to maul me - hasn't failed me yet. Without my bike, my days becomes an hour or more longer than it should. I get up at 9AM, catch the 10AM bus, get to the station around 10:45AM, then take the train to the opposite end of the system and arrive about 12:15PM. This wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't random delays throughout the day. [a lot them nearly cost me my job] In order to work around this, I have to plan many hours in advance.

The day does get very long from the commute alone. However, I do have accommodations for those horrifically long rides. I get to use my high-end mobile thing to poke around on Kinmunity
    [since I'm new here] and play games [namely that Java game Stick Ranger]

5. Kaliskar

Kaliskar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    I work 4 AM to 6 PM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for. . . well I'm not sharing my income, but I'll say that I make enough to live plenty comfortably and own a nice little house and new car. During the Spring and Fall semesters I attend classes Monday through Thursday for the majority of the daytime hours. During the summer I use those 4 days a week for everything from catching up on lazy time to movies to camping. I like to get in at least 3 or 4 two week vacations before my summer ends, which I usually use to travel.