How often do you greet new members? | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

How often do you greet new members?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dinocanid, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Dinocanid

Dinocanid Living matryoshka doll
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ54.45
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Exactly what it says on the tin...err...title.
    There are a lot of new members that come in so it's a bit redundant for me to say welcome on each topic and becomes a copy-paste phrase for me after a while, which is why i barely post in the introductions board. I'm still nice and everything, I just don't feel like posting on each introduction.

I'm guessing this goes in chit-chats since it isn't really a debate. I also don't believe this is against the rules either (i don't see why it would be) but correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,081.05
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    As much as possible. I do not greet in every thread a new member says but even then I try to be friendly and welcome as possible. Also with my new study coming along I will have less time so I cam only greet some members. That will hopefully change soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.55
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    We typically respond to all introduction threads. It let's is get a feel for the new blood and see if they'd be interesting to talk to and since we're there, we usually say hello even if it's just the typical welcome

~Jessie

4. Farkas

Farkas Pseudo-Son of Awesome, The Wolf on Stilts
    Elder VIP 100% Gamer Blood

Bones:
    Ƀ52,103.91
    Unsettling PhilterAbstract PhilterBold PhilterFarkleSparkle PaladinVoice KeyGold Fox CoinWuffyRainbow KitsuneBlue Wolf
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    As many as possible. Me (Atreyu) and Jake like to post on all of them, but it's normally a generic message. There is the occasional few that we take interest in, but that's very rare. Grymm is often forgetful of posting on intro threads, but we get to all of them whether it's delayed or not

5. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.66
    Standard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    I attempt to reply to all introduction threads, and have made this a practice of mine since Wulf Howl. If nothing else, I will post a short welcome and let them know that I am available to them if I am needed. If a particular introduction catches my eye, I will be more detailed and often get into a discussion on the intro thread.

6. Jason

Jason Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.00
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    I don't do it nearly enough. I really should. I sometimes read the intros, but don't reply. I really feel like an ass, when that happens.

7. Calico

Calico The Shrink
    VIP Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ19.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I try to do so as much as possible, though laziness often gets the best of me and I'll read without replying.

8. Luario

Luario The Punished
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.31
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Never. I just don't like it. I even skip entire introduction forum while browsing.

9. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I tend to at least skim over each intro, but I rarely reply unless it's really interesting or someone I know. For me I don't see it as necessary for me to add my "welcome" among the sea of other peoples' "welcomes" lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nyht Myst

Nyht Myst The Element System
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ138.65
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    I respond to most, its a transition period in which we can help them learn and adjust, a chance to weed out trolls, and a good chance to see who is coming into the community.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kimber

Kimber Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.16
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I read over almost every intro (I go through the recent posts and just open them all in new tabs) but I tend to not really reply to intros unless something interests me or I have a question. I feel like there's always more than enough generic "welcomes" that adding another would be almost redundant.

12. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ423.60
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I try to respond to every introduction I see, although my response is generally the same. It'll change depending on the introduction, and my mood to type out more; but, I try my best to greet new members, because I am sincerely joyed to see them. :) You can ask @Grim Dragon when I go on my spells to answer, haha.

13. Icis

Icis Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.05
    Primary Identity:
    Theriomythic
    I try to. I do as much as possible. But in much honesty if I get that "you have to wait a minute to post that!", I move on. It's horrible I know. If I was actually using a computer and not my mobile I would. Like back in the wulfhowl days when my laptop wasn't dead lol
    I do try though. I just feel silly for repeating the same welcome. Starts feeling heartless XD

14. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    I respond to practically every introduction with the typical "hello and welcome" and sometimes with suggestions, help, or comments. Depends on the post.

15. Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Rarely, I only comment on those where I feel like I could help the new member or I have something to add to the conversation.

16. toeclaws

toeclaws Oh Lord, a skunk, get away!
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.34
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Well, even though I read every introduction and check the page daily, I only reply when I have ulterior motives. I would like to reply to everyone, but I don't want to repeat myself in every thread and I'm not that creative...

17. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I don't reply to them that often, only when one really catches my attention. Also, it seems a lot of people post one-line introductions and it really bothers me. It feels like they aren't putting any effort into it, and that makes me not want to put effort into greeting them.

18. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I try to as often as I can if I'm in the mood for doing it. Usually I do give the same response, other times I will ask questions that others may ask later on. But I don't normally trawl through to reply to every single introduction

19. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I used to start every browsing session by greeting as many new people as seemed appropriate. But I don't have that much time anymore, so unfortunately, my time on the forum is usually when I'm on the train. As such, it's very limited, so I can't welcome many people to the place :)

20. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Rarely because I'm wary of all new members in general. Mostly because I have had bad experiences with them (mostly trolls and those who don't take it seriously) I wait to see if they are worth taking seriously by interacting other members in a appropriate way. My opinion is to keep to myself for the most part and interact when necessary.