Hunger | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Hunger

A group for demon resources, support and comparing experiences.

1. Invisus

Invisus Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ7.60
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    ;)
    There's an experience I often feel that a former friend of mine dubbed "Hunger" (as he had also felt this). It isn't like physical hunger. It's not even for food. I feel it in my chest at first before it spreads through to the rest of me and it's just this dark, erratic (kind of swirling), aggressive, inhuman, wanting sensation. I wish I had something to better illustrate this but unfortunately, I don't. Has anyone else here experienced something like this that relates to being a demon or am I the only one?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smooth Jazz Mann

Smooth Jazz Mann Resident Demon of Jazz
    VIP Demonkin

Silver VIP - Six Month Subscription
    Bones:
    Ƀ104.62
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I used ta feel something similar to what yer describin' a few years back. Not so much anymore and I ain't really sure what triggered it.

3. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I get that feeling when I need to feed as a sanguine. Next time you get it pick up a Monster energy drink, specifically the M-100. Report if it goes away after you drink it.

4. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    Same. The only thing that fixes that for me is either blood (human or animal, doesn't matter), or going out of body and eating something. Generally something that's "alive" when I get to it... It's kind of dark and it's not fun and honestly I cry about this a lot... but it's either feed or feel awful.

5. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    Hmm...it sounds slightly similar to what I call my "primal rage dark side." Perhaps different symptoms of the same thing.

6. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Trust me... if I'm not fed, primal rage is an entirely valid phrase for how I get. One of the biggest things I hate about myself is that I used to starve myself (because I wouldn't admit that it was harming me) and I would frequently flip out and try to tear into my girlfriend. I'd... hold it back... and I always made sure she knew I was about to lose it... but having to have my girlfriend literally sit on my chest and hold my arms over my head while I snarled and tried to bite her isn't something I can forget, nor something I can easily forgive myself for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    The reason I suggested a Monster M-100 is because it works as a temporary blood substatute. My wife and I have been using the vampyre communities resources to find them. However this one we recently found on our own and she says the effects are almost like drinking real blood. I have not drank one yet because... monster energy drink + 8 month pregnant = mommy is a punching bag. Plus some of the stuff in it could be harmful to jr here.

When I don't feed it seem I still have decent control over myself. However my wife has said I tend to stare at people like blood bags. Oops. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Ha. Yeah, Mikaela says I do that, too. I... can get REALLY bad... to the point I probably shouldn't be in public alone. Not because I'd hurt someone, but because I'd be unable to function on any real level. Fortunately that doesn't happen as long as I can take care of myself.

9. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Paidia Haidou would you be willingto try the M-100 experiment for me? It's peeked my curiousity and no one else said they would try it yet.

10. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    I'll see if I can find one today, but I've never seen them before.

11. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    [​IMG]
    I think they are newer, It looks like that. There is a second m-100 but it's not called phantom. This is the one we tried.

12. Paidia Haidou

Paidia Haidou Hatchling
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ248.10
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
  13. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.94
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Since I read this a few days ago, I've been trying to figure out whether I experience anything like it or not, and I suppose the conclusion I've reached is that I... sort of do?

But for me, I don't feel any need to take energy from others. I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I would say that I "feed" on ambient, physical energy. Heat, movement, light, that kind of thing. But I can't feed if I'm not relaxed. If I'm in a stressful situation for more than a few hours, I just feel... completely drained. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I feel worn out and hollow in every way humanly possible. I just completely shut down for a day or so. It's not fun.

Not sure how that relates to everyone else's experiences, though. I don't think I've ever came across anyone else who's like that.

14. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Charias Be thankful that you don't have to feed off of others. It really does suck. You do seem to feed in some way. It almost sounds like emotional vampyrism but not in the same way as most. When you are having emotional issues you feed off of ambient energies. That's interesting to learn, I don't think I've heard of it before.
    I can feed off of a river and nature myself. It's just not what is best for me to maintain. It defiantly helps however.

15. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.94
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    @Maggie Darkmoon yeah, at least I don't have to worry about whether my surroundings consent to me leeching off them for a bit... I've met quite a few vampires since I first found out about the otherkin community, and it sounds so taxing to have to feed on others like that. I can't even imagine what that must be like.

I wouldn't say my feeding is related to emotions, though... at least, I don't think it is. Maybe I'll think that over for a bit. I guess I've never really thought about why I do it, so maybe there is a correlation there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Charias I thankfully can do it subconsciously aswell as consciously. It'd not so bad once you get used to it.

Yeah it really could be anything. Like you use it to get through hard times?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,376.94
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    @Maggie Darkmoon I think it's something I've always done (I just only recognised what I was doing recently) so it's hard to say whether it's caused by certain situations or whether it's just something I do regardless of what's going on in my life. Maybe I should go look into vampirism and see if I can find anything similar... I don't actually know much about the subject, and getting more general knowledge couldn't hurt, I guess!

18. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Charias that wouldbe a good idea. Sounds like you did it subconsciously. I am not sure what site is good for those kinds of resources.
    --- Post updated ---
    So apparently the M100 is discontinued. Which means that when they are gone where we are getting them. It's over. We will tell you if we dscover any other substatutes.

Ones we know of now:
    ☆ a five hour energy
    ☆ Most monster, like chaos or khuna
    ☆ mixing soda and shushi together
    ☆ rare meat

19. Lady Constantine

Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ102.02
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I actually experience that alot as well.. Blood or.. something else .

20. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    @Lady Constantine Hey welcome to the group! Could you do a short intro or even just post your scent rolling link?

Good to get input from another demon.