• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

I Need Help (Kin/Not Kin related, I just need advice, please)

CodyTobias

Yo, peeps of Kinmunity (I love how I've been in Kinmunity a while and still have troubles spelling it) Anyways. Serious question. Now. I'm not sure if anyone will be willing to help or not, but, the question is this. 
How do you confess to someone you've liked for a while, but have been friends with for 6 years, almost 7, and you're afraid to possibly ruin the friendship but you want to confess to them so bad? 
Here's the catch. I like him a lot. But I'm not sure if he likes me. Secondly, if we talk Kin-wise. He's a Vampire. I'm a Werewolf. So. That's gonna be really interesting. But. I really like him a lot. But I'm afraid of ruining the friendship. So. I need help, guys and girls. Please. How do I confess to an amazing Vampire friend?

Please someone give me advice.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Well, I'm not the best at confessing, (I told Bendy then tried to jump out of the boat we were in)

but I think kin wise if you love each other, that shouldn't matter- but thats me.

I think you should go about it casually. Tell him some of the nice things you think, you know? Or you could say, like "lol so-and-so said we should be a couple, what would that even be like?"

No matter what you do, I wish you luck and happiness!

CodyTobias

I might do it casually, but on the other hand I might do the fun so-and-so one. I try giving compliments every day to him and try to drop hints here and there but I don't know if any of them show ooF. Today, as soon as I got to school he hugged me, and let's just say, hugging your crush feels amazing but really weird when they don't know you've got a crush on them. But. He's amazing.

It's more-so I'm afraid of rejection, don't know how to exactly word stuff, and get really nervous and doubt/overthink stuff, that is my problem with not confessing honestly.

But thank you for the advice. I'm gonna try to wait and possibly get more advice throughout the day. Hopefully by the end of the school day I can try to confess.

(Honestly, another problem is that despite me being a brave Wolf, I'm also a very shy, nervous Wolf)

Onidani

Gold Donor
Smells like it's going to the right direction ! Take your time and continue like you are already doing. Things *should* settle by itself. Sometimes there's no need for a serious heavy talking.

Ok that's not really an advice on my part. It's just that, with me, things goes generally very well without the need to confess, because when I'm in love it is pretty obvious. Plus, me and my partners are atypical, and communication is way more easy with them than with an average normie. Stuff like love are so much easier !

CodyTobias

Alright. I suppose I'll try that, ooF. Thing is. It's hard for me to talk to him calmly, or even start conversations (to anyone), but it's especially hard to talk to him because I don't wanna make a fool of myself or accidentally slip up, plus I get really nervous and shy and afraid I would accidentally confess and then he'd just start to slowly fade away with the friendship and all.

I've never been the good conversation starter but me and him always try to find random stuff to talk about. 

I'm planning on either confessing to him today or maybe next week? I'm not sure. But if I don't confess I'm honestly trying to give hints too but that's hard to do ooF.

(I'm a nervous/shy mess when it comes to crushes/confessing)

CodyTobias

I wanna do it so bad but ahhhhh. Thing is. I've had a crush on him for 3, almost 4, years now out of the 6, almost 7, years of knowing him. And 1st year I was like yeah right. 2nd, eh okay maybe. Then this 3rd year. Yeah I've got an actual crush on him. But. School's over for this week so if I confess it's probably gonna be next week. My friend at school gave me advice to possibly send him a note, or video, or song, or just tell him. I'm honestly really debating on it ooF

Letters and videos are cute, and may convey more words than you can ever say

But honestly it is better to do it in person in my opinion.

Whatever you feel comfortable with, go and do it

CodyTobias

I might make a note or something because ha I've always been the shy kind and never able to confess flat out. And I tend to stutter terribly once I get nervous. So bad that I have to repeat a sentence over and over again even after I say it clearly more than once. If I make a note. It might not be until Tuesday when I can give it to him.

(Monday I might not go to school because might be getting Doggo so ooF)

CodyTobias

Exactly. That's one thing that makes me so afraid of confessing to him because we've been friends for so long. And I don't want to lose him because he's amazing and one of the only few friends I've got that actually acknowledges my existence every day, gives me a hug every day, tries talking to me, and greets me or so. I don't wanna lose him. But I also don't wanna keep all my feelings inside. I'm afraid of rejection or the friendship possibly slowly fading away or we end up together but end in bad terms or so. I just. *Heavy sigh* I don't want him to go but I really want to take the risk and confess to him.

Akrimau

Personally I would just tell them straight up, as soon as possible. Saves the heart ache of worrying about it. Just also say its ok if they dont feel the same and your friendship is your priority. Ive been freinds with people and see people be friends after they broke up or got rejected and its just fine. If you say it then you know, and you can either work on letting it go or you get to date them. Either way, the worrying about it is over. And theyre not going to stop being friends with you after that king just cause you like them.

CodyTobias

That's actually good advice. The two options I'm thinking of now are honestly either a note or telling him in person. But if I do it in person, my only fear is someone interrupting constantly or so, because I'm our friend group a lot of our friends interrupt because we're the kind that get distracted easily or don't know a serious talk is happening until we interrupt on accident and just waddle off awkwardly. And another fear is making myself look like a fool in front of him or stumbling on my words terribly and hardly able to even form a sentence or taking too long to say anything.