I Was A Blank | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

I Was A Blank

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by CorviCanem, Aug 22, 2016.

1. CorviCanem

CorviCanem Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ100.28
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    The short explanation is that I just moved down to live with my partner, and her mother invited us to go to a psychic reading with her. Ultimately, pretty sure I got really messed with this woman's ability to function. Before we got into the room, she told me I was a blank, and then once we got in, she just looked more and more freaked out. Basically, my own reading, as well as my partner and her mother's readings, were all doom and gloom about how a "Dark Man" would destroy things, etc. Well, theirs were. Mine was that I was prone to violent anger, which I know, and I'm not stupid about. It was quite interesting. The woman had to get salt to sit next to her before she saw my partner, and then after me, she apparently had to salt the entire room, and her purse. I had too much fun watching her try to read me. I am not really sure what I am asking for with this thread, but I'm curious to hear any impressions of what happened. So, please, let me know if you have a thought?

-Nox

• Like Like x 1
  2. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,388.16
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    As a spiritual person with a soulbond who is a spirit and works in the Astral/Spirit Realm, I am very skeptical about psychics since the majority are phony.
    To me, her reaction is more an overreaction and selling point than anything else.

3. Obsydian

Obsydian Pallas Cat
    Feline

Bones:
    Ƀ31.36
    Chibi Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    A lot of psychic's tend to be quite fake and theatrical. They will tell you all the doom and gloom, going all out in that fashion. Sometimes it's a tactic to make somebody come back to spend more money and get more information. I wouldn't take it too much to heart!

4. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I don't trust psychics. Like others have said, most of them are fakes just out to make a quick buck off people. They use a combination of basic observation, generalised statements, and what they think people want to hear, to make themselves seem more legit.

To be honest, I've always wanted to try a few different readings, just to see what would happen (the main ones I'm interested in are palmistry, rune spreads, aura reading, and one using crystals that I dont know the name of). However, everytime I've been near one of these people I get a very bad feeling about them. Like I've just swallowed something warm and slimy. So I usually just end up backing out and getting the hell out of there.

I guess it's possible the psychic noticed something different about you, but I'm willing to bet the readings for your partner and their mother were 100% bs.

5. CorviCanem

CorviCanem Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ100.28
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I am skeptical myself. The other people there have known this woman for years (she's apparently been doing this since she was 12) and they say she's pretty much always right, so on one hand, she's got a lot of people who vouch for her. On the other hand, skeptic here, which is why I had so much fun seeing what she'd say about me. THey also said the house was haunted, and I got NOTHING from the house, which could have been her, I suppose, but usually I at least feel odd being there.

6. Neve VR52

Neve VR52 Vintage Warm
    Staff Member Guardian VIP Machines United!

Bones:
    Ƀ33,926.59
    Solar Flare PhilterBurning PhilterBackground KeyGold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionVoice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I've had some interesting interactions with psychics, but most were in the context of booths set up in carnivals. I take what they say with a grain of salt, and I wouldn't trust the lot of them as far as I could throw 'em. And that ain't far for something with no arms. XD

Really, it all boils down to how you connect with what was said. Do you think or feel the reading was accurate? I don't know you at all, @CorviCanem, but it seems to me the lady was overreacting by a long shot.

7. CorviCanem

CorviCanem Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ100.28
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    I had a recent conversation with someone else who came right after me in readings that day. He told me that she said she couldn't see me in the chair across from her, that she only knew where to look because of habit and the chair. That being said, I held her eyes the entire time I could, because I was watching her. Apparently she described me as Evil. Now I just kind of want to go back to see what she'd say about me next time. This has just become endlessly fascinating to me.

8. ShiraFox

ShiraFox Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ157.78
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I was at the renfair a couple weeks back and of course they had a trail of psychics there to do readings. I'm tempted, was tempted to get a reading done just to see what they would have to say about me. I don't even know if I'd believe it or not. Or if I wanted something closer to home my uncle is psychic and does readings. He's done them for my sister and I wonder what he'd get off of me...

9. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ1,613.77
    Unsettling PhilterBold PhilterChibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    If I didn't know any better, I would say that she was trying to say that your partner and your mother should stay the hell away from you.