Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

If you were an animal...

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Xenogender Pride
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
What would you be?
Obviously folkel feel they best match their kintype, but thinking outside that for a moment...

What animal suits you socially?
What animal suits you physically?
Be fun and creative with it. Give me multiples if you can't decide on one.

As an example... I best fit a snake I think.
- I absolutely adore the heat. Summer is my favourite month and my indoor temp is always set to 23°C.
- I've been told I have smooth skin?
- I don't have the best vision at all.
- I like to curl up into impossible positions. Many said I missed my calling as a contortionist.
- When I find a comfy spot, I can usually stay like that for hours.

Go wild.

magicdoll

Mystical Fish
+Primal Member
VIP
Gun
Pronouns
Neutral
I think I would be a stoat. Just like a little stoat facing down big game, I tend to "bite off more than I can chew." I enjoy wiggling and thrashing about. I'm curious, always sniffing around, and I tend to move around my environment quietly. Even some of the random little sounds I make during the day are kind of similar to stoat vocalizations. I would love to fool myself into believing my hair is just as soft and silky as a stoat's fur, but that might be going a step too far.

Chime

Pronouns
Feminine
An amoeba or a tardigrade (water bear) just to experience the microscopic life. If I want to be something bigger then I'll pick a puma or an orca. I do like many attributes that felines have, plus I tend to sleep a lot. Orcas have always fascinated me since I watched "Free Willy", plus they are the wolves of the sea.

CrowLove

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Transgender Pride
Otherhearted
Non-Binary Pride
Plural
Otherkin
Crow
Pronouns
Neutral
I would be a tarantula. Bad vision, noticing your surrounding via smell and detection of vibrations sounds pretty much like me xD
Beside that, they are fluffy, laying around all day and baskin and hide as soon as possible when a stranger arrives. Sleeping more than cats do and just getting up to search for water, to groom or to catch some food or a better spot to bask and sleep xD Living in underground borrows which one can seal off to be and feel safe and pretty much igroring everything around them, as long as one doesn't get scared.

Or a crow. Always felt drawn to them and their symbolic and intelligence and unique personalities. I even have a crow tattoo.

Finna Alsvartr

Wolf-Mermaid-Demon Thing
Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Socially: doggo. I'm friendly and love people, but will attack if needed. I'm also fiercely loyal and protective.
Physically: snek. I am able to contort in (some) weird ways and can hold a single position for a long time. I'm not a contortionist by any means but I have arms that can pop out of socket at will which can make things interesting!

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Golden Shield
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Probably a bear. Walk around doing my own thing. Not much bothers me--until it does. Not very social unless it's family. Sleep all winter.

Pronouns
Masculine
Different things at different times.

I feel like a wolf when I'm running with my buds. Like a leader of a pack, like a predator. Similar story swimming, like a shark.

When I lifeguarding, I feel like an eagle. Watching, protecting, ready to swoop down in a moment.

And when I'm around friends just hanging out, I feel like an ox. Dumb, slow, and awkward, but sturdy and reliable, I guess.

This sounds horrible, but when I'm acting on my own, I'm really confident in myself to the point of serious aggression. Around friends, I'm very much calmer. It's that dark side of me, a result of my life, that wants to be alone, strong, unbreakable. Physical activities and competitions tend to bring it out. I hope it's only a vent. It is, that's good. Because it releases so much anger and frustration.

Well, as much as it scares me, it's helpful at times.

Drakmanka

Genderfluid Pride
Asexual Pride
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
Well, my absolute first knee-jerk thought here was that I would pick a rat if I could be any animal at all. After considering this for a bit, I think that while I like the idea of being a rat I'm not sure I would actually choose to be one. On the one hand, rats are social animals and generally live in large family groups. They're kind and gentle to their own, the entire group works together to care for pups, the dominant rat protects the nest from interlopers. On the other hand, however, a rat's life is dangerous and brief. Even if I could choose to be a fancy rat and live in the lap of luxury as someone's beloved pet, I'm not sure I would want to be such a short-lived animal. Maybe I would if it were just a fun experiment and afterwards I could resume this life?

Upon further thought, and using your questions as a guide, I think one of these two would be my actual choice:

What animal suits you socially?
Rats lol
Probably would go with wolves here. They're a fair bit like me. Pack-oriented, predators, but also have a playful side.

What animal suits you physically?
Imma go with horses. Not only are they in fact one of my kith-types, but they're gentle animals. I'm hardly some gentle giant physically in my human body, but what has always impressed me about horses is not their great strength but instead the intelligent care they take to never misuse it (Well, except mean horses but that's another matter) and cause harm to us smaller creatures.

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
+Primal Member
VIP
Therianthrope
Golden Shield
Pronouns
Masculine
When thinking outside the obvious for a moment, I come to sort of an inverse conclusion more than anything else and by this I mean, I make for an absolutely awful anything that is not my type. I am the extroverted introvert, the predictably capricious, the spirited laggard, the cautious hunter, so on and on, to the point that there is nothing I can readily conjure up that is anything but some lineage of cat.

As a social personality I come and I go, I drift among most and wind my way through them, always lurking in the background and making my presence known before I go again. Yet others I could spend hours with, days with, weeks and months, which I have in no short way; if I bond, it is one which will last. The if being the largest question, because I am selective, "fickle" as people are prone to disparage cats, as I tend to avoid anyone who sours me and never really engage them on more than a superficial level. But otherwise I am almost always "patrolling" a social environment and in a way, saying "I am here, you have seen me, know I am aware of you." before treading my way, often receiving some attention just by presence alone. Never once have I had a strong sense of community or unity either, always off to my own devices but never far, and only a select few I ever call "mine" I regard as closer than blood.

Physically I haven't the level of dexterity or grace as say, any of most animals. Almost all prey items are blindingly fast and quick to turn at flightiest ends or are dreadfully lumbering to the point they really do not need it. Many are not grapplers or wrestlers, or who bear natural weapons as their primary armament at the end of their limbs. I am highly attuned to my senses and orient externally not averse toward danger, rather for it; the whole world is seen as prey and the only thing I become wary about is other things I see as peers or near-peers to me. I am entirely accustomed to and trained to fight, I have refined myself to do that explicitly no less.

I am perfectly happy to sleep in the shade of the day no matter the day, I could nap whenever so long as the sun is not harassing me. I am content to be fed although I would rather hunt. I often strike out on my own only to come back around again. I bathe religiously and take a certain delight in rain for any number of reasons. I play-hunt things that interest me from small rodents to things far larger which just so happen to catch my eye, if only because.

Ironically this does have a bad habit of actually making me out to be a lion and or a tiger. Because I know a fair number of lions and tigers who behave these exact ways. All cats are cats in the end, I suppose, and it really would be "perfect" in a way that those things I am most commonly mistaken for, I am.

As an aside, @Jeb_CC, that "Go wild." remark has to have been on the nose on purpose, that is too uncanny otherwise.

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
Defiantly a Wolf, or any canine that typically lives in the wild. Or maybe a Lynx. Ever since i saw the game paws I felt weird around Lynx's, like I was kinda meant to be one. Probably means nothing. I would either be a Wolf or Lynx. Hard to choose.

Lighter

Moderation Team
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
Crow
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I don't know which animal I would be. But I would probably be one that has / is:
  • Very sharp sight, but not-so-differentiated hearing and a bad sense of smell.
  • Asocial, but loyal.
  • Doesn't move a lot.
  • Very enduring.
  • Dislikes sunlight.
  • Nocturnal? Or likes the dark?
  • Consumes blood? Or raw meat?
  • Growls?
After reading this, I guess I might be some hematophagic, ectoparasitic insect. :frown:
Anyone else have an idea on what animal this could be?

FoxyAnimations

Therianthrope
Alterhuman
Fictionkin
Furry
Otherkin
Pronouns
Other
Defiantly a Wolf, or any canine that typically lives in the wild. Or maybe a Lynx. Ever since i saw the game paws I felt weird around Lynx's, like I was kinda meant to be one. Probably means nothing. I would either be a Wolf or Lynx. Hard to choose.
Ever since I found out my theriotype was a wolf I started a fascination with them and a general liking. I might even be some sort of feline, or shark. Their both cool species.

Dante

Gold Donor
Pronouns
Masculine
I think I would like to be a cat. Live solitary, a good night vision and hunting my food suits to me.
Also I can live among people and can decide for myself wether I want to be petted or not.

Kirby_and_Impish

Genderflux Pride
Otherkin
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Masculine
Maybe a domestic dog. A mutt of some kind. I like to be around people most of the time but I do need my breaks. I love positive attention and I am fiercely loyal. I like things that squeak and treats. I would be lost without those I am closest to and consider family.

bxtchqveen

Pronouns
Neutral
I feel like i'd probably be a seal. I feel like i have the same body composition as one, i like slapping, and i eat a lot of fish. also, sometimes i get on the floor and curve my entire body into a moon shape-
jk. but i am pretty seal-like in nature. im lorge, i sleep in patterns, and i tend to lay down for long periods of time with my double chin out

Koa

Pronouns
Masculine
Probably a hamster or orangutan. They're both mostly solitary, and hamsters are mostly nocturnal (I think). They're also both fluffy and omnivores. Orangutans climb trees most of the time and hamsters burrow a lot, and I like climbing things and being in little spaces of my own.