Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

[IN PROGRESS] (Voluntary) Kin type database.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
After picking up some unfamiliar scents in introduction, others encouraged me to suggest the idea of an easier way new members can find others who share a kin, kith or otherwise relationship.

I've seen polls elsewhere where there is a non-exhaustive list of species and otherkin, for example..

3 votes - Raven/Crow: <list of members who voted>
7 votes - Tiger: Sasha, so-and-so, ...
5 votes - Western Dragon: <...>

A new member could perhaps see, "oh there's a fellow demon-kin and they're active, maybe I can message them about their experience" and feel a little less isolated if they cannot identify with another here right away.

An exhaustive list is a rabbit hole, though I feel it could be an interesting project if only to assist those who are unable to easily relate their kin type to many.

My thoughts are it could complement the scent rolling area with as a sticky. If a poll is cannot be dynamic, I would be willing to cater a list from a thread of people who volunteer their kin type.

~Sasha.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
How specific or vague should they be? or should we just include every possible kintype / theriotype lable?

almost in a sort of "phylogenetic tree", from least to most specific would be therian -> mammalkin -> lagomorphkin (bunnies + pikas) -> leporidkin (or 'bunnykin', rabbits+hares) -> harekin -> jackrabbitkin (specifically antelope jackrabbits).

I'd imagine (and suggest) the most useful would be right in the middle, such as 'lagomorph', 'rodent', 'arachnid', 'animekin' ect, and simply have each user that comes up with that tag with their kintype they've listed in their profile (as to clarify their exact kintype inside the own results for the category) as well as a 'last seen' timestamp.
A possible "DM-friendly" or "Do Not DM" indicator would be nice too, for those that may not be open to random people directly messaging them.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
These are great suggestions. Although polls were the only tool I've seen elsewhere for this, I am reminded of other survey-like threads where the OP simply catalogues as necessary.

To fit your example, the OP could be like

List of kin-types
Therians:
  • Lagomorphs
    member 1, member 2
    • Hare:
      member 3

Or maybe even

Lagomorphs:
  • member 1 (jack rabbit), member 2 (jack rabbit), member 3 (melanistic hare, no DM)

To be completely honest, I haven't a clue how it can be implemented on the forum or if it is a useful idea .. and new users can already create a topic "are there any other <xyz>kin out there?" to get a relatively up to date exposure to anyone who is or may know an active member who is that kin type.

Oh well, I got to have an excuse to play with pretty BBcode lists at midnight. :)

Lepus alleni

just a hare
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
I was thinking, since this is the suggestion forum, it could be a feature implimented in the "members" tab, as a kind of "member search" by-category function.

such as:

Kintype
*Lagomorph
[user] [profile-listed kintype(s)] [last seen date] [DM-friendly]

Naia

The Wolf Girl
Staff member
Administrator
Transgender Pride
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Feminine
Hello,

We are collecting information for a kintype database at this time. Please submit as much information as you can to it.