Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Interactions with Animals?

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Does anyone else find that when they are more connected with their animal spirit that the animals around you want to interact more. Last night I was at my moms surrounded by her dogs and my brothers and I was zoning out-social anxiety- and thinking about being a wolf in the woods (a favorite disassociation tool) and my moms dog started acting all needy and sitting up on my lap and smacking me in the face with her paw to play. Obviously she could be sensing my anxiety but I had mental shifted around her before and she acted the same way. Anyone else feel like their animals can feel their animal spirit?!

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Omg YES a million times yes i feel very conected with my animal spirit because most of the time my personality is just like a wolf.
Glad I’m not the only one!!! I’m a witch so I’m into some pretty strange stuff but Confirmation it happens to more people than just me makes my tail wiggle! :)

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
My dogs do it too, especially the one who the other two have decided is the alpha. I rarely shift around them though, because I prefer to do it while I'm running outside (so if I get out of control it's less likely to be damaging). Usually I'm pretty good about reigning myself in so to speak, but I have my issues and can become el lobo loco (wrong gender pronouns but spanish is weird that way)

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
My dogs do it too, especially the one who the other two have decided is the alpha. I rarely shift around them though, because I prefer to do it while I'm running outside (so if I get out of control it's less likely to be damaging). Usually I'm pretty good about reigning myself in so to speak, but I have my issues and can become el lobo loco (wrong gender pronouns but spanish is weird that way)
I love this idea. I live in the city so going out into the woods to practice shifting sounds like a perfect getaway right now. Thanks for the follow by the way. :D Love your profile picture!! What kind of puppers do you have? In my house-we have a full house kinda thing going on- we have a pitbull, two huskies, and a dwarf german shepard. LOL. Gotta have a big brood. <3

Shezep

Gold Donor
VIP
Genderfluid Pride
Pronouns
Not really, but hawks aren't very social, and I don't have much chance to be around them either. Shifting into a mindset closer to the animals I'm playing with does help though.

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Not really, but hawks aren't very social, and I don't have much chance to be around them either. Shifting into a mindset closer to the animals I'm playing with does help though.
I love that you are a Hawk. Birds are so majestic to me. I've lived my life around all sorts of birds like peacocks and geese but there's something special about birds of prey. <3

Finna Alsvartr

Therianthrope
Plural
Pansexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I love this idea. I live in the city so going out into the woods to practice shifting sounds like a perfect getaway right now. Thanks for the follow by the way. :D Love your profile picture!! What kind of puppers do you have? In my house-we have a full house kinda thing going on- we have a pitbull, two huskies, and a dwarf german shepard. LOL. Gotta have a big brood. <3
I have one blue heeler and pitbull mix named Stig (It's Old Norse for Wanderer, he literally wandered into our life), a Plott Hound (bear-hunting breed) and St. Bernard mix named Strauss (he's alpha), and a derpy something-or-other (we think he's some kind of goldie-sheperd mix) named Freki after one of Odin's wolves. We briefly fostered a dog that looked just like him but jet black named Gari after the other wolf

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
I have one blue heeler and pitbull mix named Stig (It's Old Norse for Wanderer, he literally wandered into our life), a Plott Hound (bear-hunting breed) and St. Bernard mix named Strauss (he's alpha), and a derpy something-or-other (we think he's some kind of goldie-sheperd mix) named Freki after one of Odin's wolves. We briefly fostered a dog that looked just like him but jet black named Gari after the other wolf
I love a big happy family! I bet they are all amazing dogs~ My mom has a pug and schnauzer mix. I know what you mean about derpy LOL. I love Stig's name by the way. So cute!

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
Not really, at least not in the ordinary way. I don't have pets at all unfortunately due to how my family is, but I have noticed quite a few crows/ravens looking my direction more than most other animals. I will of course always want to interact more with any sort of animal, as I feel like I will literally need to walk outside to have some sort of animal interaction/communication if I am "starved" of it otherwise my thoughts will become unstable and I will not be able to focus at all.

CosmicKen

Shark
Therianthrope
Non-Binary Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Not really, at least not in the ordinary way. I don't have pets at all unfortunately due to how my family is, but I have noticed quite a few crows/ravens looking my direction more than most other animals. I will of course always want to interact more with any sort of animal, as I feel like I will literally need to walk outside to have some sort of animal interaction/communication if I am "starved" of it otherwise my thoughts will become unstable and I will not be able to focus at all.
That has got to be a majestic feeling. Crows are amazing birds. The colors of their feathers are so rich. I love the vidoes where people get gifts from them. Maybe you'll get one soon. :D

Kirsten015

Transgender Pride
Non-Binary Pride
Fictionkin
Alterhuman
Plural
Pronouns
Neutral
That has got to be a majestic feeling. Crows are amazing birds. The colors of their feathers are so rich. I love the vidoes where people get gifts from them. Maybe you'll get one soon. :D
Hopefully I will get one some time, it would be amazing, as it does feel amazing every time one looks at me like that. Their feather colors are truly something, I've seen most videos of them that I can get my hands on.

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
With being an Aspy, social birds and canid-kind seem to be confused by my body language and never react as expected even after pointers or positive reinforcement.. Luckily, my partner who is 2/3 wolf and coyote has a third feline to bridge the derpy gap.

Ravens, part of my latest awakening, have always watched with curiosity. There was one occasion where we locked eyes for what seemed like forever until a passerby came.

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Otherkin
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
When animals are around me for a prolonged time, I automatically take on some of their traits and mindset. I usually enjoy this very much. E.g. I get very calm and confident when horses are around, and joyful when dogs are around. They seem to notice that and feel comfortable with my presence. When I was younger, my best friend was always astonished to see the reaction of his dog, who was going mad in joy everytime I visited. My friend told me the dog didn't do that with other people. A few years ago, a wild bird inadvertedly sat on my shoulder and rested a while at an outdoor event, which struck my friends around in awe.

Idk if it's connected to shifting, though. Maybe it's just a kind of draconic aura, haha. Or maybe the animals just generally behave that way when they notice that someone is friendly.

Pronouns
Neutral
I live with my “son” named Ren. He’s a little black cat with a loveable attitude. He knows I’m not human and senses what’s under my skin I find. Although canine, he loves me regardless.
I practice quadrobics (unrelated to theriantrophy, I know) and it helps me shift sometimes and Ren totally knows. It’s as if the second my front paws hit the floor he‘s all lovey in my face, marking me, purring and for some reason that makes me shift deeper too. I’ll rub my muzzle right back into him and he will purr even louder. We have a very, gentle and calm, loving relationship.

Now with my pack-mate‘s dog who we kind half? jokingly call our beta....oh boy! I’m usually a pretty quiet and calm wolf but he brings out a super playful side of me I didn’t know existed until awhile ago. He’s a big husky mix, and a total trouble maker. Last time I visited, his playful energy and barking put me into a mental shift and I must have played with him for a hour. My pack-mate just continued to play video games on the couch but I had so much fun. I don’t personally have the company of a dog in my own home so it was a nice change.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is I think animal presence can definitely aid in shifting experiences, etc! :lovewolf::lovewolf:

kitsune-rokko

Otherkin
Pronouns
Feminine
It's wonderful to read about all your positive experiences with animals! :grinfox:

I currently get along very well with my roommate's dog, Mawkish (she's very precious and loves to play-fight and gets lots of pets!) I did have to work to get there though, because many kitsune are uneasy around dogs, and that fit me to a T for a long time. I was uneasy around her and she was around me in turn. (In fact, for a brief period, how comfortable Mawkish was near my body was the big 'tell' to my roommate whether the alter in the front was me or another alter. My alters have always gotten along very well with pup~).

It felt like what helped was reminding myself of foxes and dogs both being canids, to try to think of her as a fox kit and spend quality time with her to slowly grow our bond over the years. :foxheart: