• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

Interested students looking for interviewees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

We are students from the Netherlands. We study anthropology, a study focused on understanding the other with an open, objective mind.

We ourselves do not identify as Otherkin, but do have a great interest in the community.

Right now, we have the assignment to interview members from an online community of your choosing, to learn about their perspective and lives. We chose Otherkin.

We hereby want to ask the forum if there is anyone who wants to participate in an interview via Skype, or if you live in the Netherlands, face-to-face.

If you don't want to, that is also okay, we understand.

Thanks in advance to those who do want to participate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Interestedexplorer! Welcome to the kinmunity.
I would like to see a consent form linked to your post and, if you don't have one, I'd strongly suggest you create one. It's important for people to know what they're getting into before agreeing to any form of interview. If you could provide more details, such as a professor's email or specifics about the interview, then that would be appreciated. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but it's important to me that no one here gets tricked--for lack of a better word--into something potentially harmful or risky. 

Hey Interestedexplorer! Welcome to the kinmunity.
I would like to see a consent form linked to your post and, if you don't have one, I'd strongly suggest you create one. It's important for people to know what they're getting into before agreeing to any form of interview. If you could provide more details, such as a professor's email or specifics about the interview, then that would be appreciated. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but it's important to me that no one here gets tricked--for lack of a better word--into something potentially harmful or risky. 
I totally understand! It is on it's way, the process of our study has just started.

I wanted to at least know if people would be interested in an interview.

Kamoe

I would be interested! I am an otherkin/ therian who has identified and known the community for five years now. Not the longest someone can, but I still have experience that I can share with you and help you with your study. I don't live in the Netherlands, but I do have Skype!  :Evil:

I would be interested! I am an otherkin/ therian who has identified and known the community for five years now. Not the longest someone can, but I still have experience that I can share with you and help you with your study. I don't live in the Netherlands, but I do have Skype!  :Evil:
Wonderful! I will keep you updated of our progress, like when we (as commented above) formulate a consent form etcetera.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
@Interestedexplorer

Hi, Im Pearl! I happen to be fictionkin, and I dont have skype, but if you want, we can DM here! I love taking part in interveiws, and maybe my partner, Bendy, will want to participate as well! Let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

Red-in-Tooth

Machairodont Felid
VIP
Greetings @Interestedexplorer, I am glad to hear that there appears to be legitimate interest in the community here and abroad with what seems to be legitimate intent. However, it should be noted the forum does have a section for researchers and this type of interaction with the community, and while not being staff I really cannot say what the protocol is for this type of engagement, I strongly recommend you reach out to them first before further proceeding so they can assist. I wish you the best of luck in your effort.

Greetings @Interestedexplorer, I am glad to hear that there appears to be legitimate interest in the community here and abroad with what seems to be legitimate intent. However, it should be noted the forum does have a section for researchers and this type of interaction with the community, and while not being staff I really cannot say what the protocol is for this type of engagement, I strongly recommend you reach out to them first before further proceeding so they can assist. I wish you the best of luck in your effort.
Thank you for pointing it out, we will look into it!

D

Deleted645

Unverified
Hello @Interestedexplorer! I don’t live in the Netherlands and I don’t have Skype, but I’m excited to hear about people interested in the other kin community! 

Last edited:
If/once the mod team approves this, I would love to take part. It's always nice to see academic interest in us.

Hello @Interestedexplorer! I don’t live in the Netherlands and I don’t have Skype, but I’m excited to hear about people interested in the other kin community! 

We have sent the staff a question about the protocol regarding research on kinmunity.

We will keep you all updated. Your enthusiasm means a lot!

Jethero

Jaggy
Staff member
Guardian
VIP
Please do not solicit users outright on the forums without first going through the proper channel:

https://www.kinmunity.com/academia/

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.