Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Interesting facts?

archbun

Otherkin
Plural
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
I'm on another information studying binge, so give me your cool or interesting facts!
It can be about anything, from your special interests to obscure information not many people know.
I just..really like facts lol

Chime

Pronouns
Feminine
The region where my mother was born, they believed that when a snake got really old, it will crawl into a hole shed it's skin and grow a pair of wings. Then it will fly to the sky where it becomes an omen of bad weather. That is their explanation for the ring at the edge of a big storm. She grew up in a town with little to no education and in a time where women weren't allowed to go to school. So a lot of what she tells me is superstition.

archbun

Otherkin
Plural
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
The region where my mother was born, they believed that when a snake got really old, it will crawl into a hole shed it's skin and grow a pair of wings. Then it will fly to the sky where it becomes an omen of bad weather. That is their explanation for the ring at the edge of a big storm. She grew up in a town with little to no education and in a time where women weren't allowed to go to school. So a lot of what she tells me is superstition.
That's really cool, thanks for sharing! I love mythology- I believe superstitions always have some sort of truth in them, no matter how absurd, and are an important part of every cuture

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Prob no one out there finds this interesting but me.

2 things.

Despite me not being the 'biggest' book 2 fan (I literally dislike it), when chapter 8 came out, a Piggy YouTuber found out a secret message in the map. Basically, there was a radio in the map playing a little children's song (pretty sure the file was named Tape C) and a fan managed to somehow get the full song with voices. He did some decoding with some numbers and the alphabet, reversing and got a few texts.

''Zizzy will never speak

The Insolence

Calls to you

Help Me

Run

Her Hand Gone

Smile for him''

Though some disagree and say it doesn't have anything to do with Zizzy but with Zee. I disagree.

Next one is in Book 1, a skin actually screams 'no' in his jumpscare. Some actually notice this about other skins, like for me I saw how the skin 'Elly' has a jumpscare kinda sounding like 'stop.' If you understand what I mean.

Non-piggy fans just staring at me confused.

Last edited:

archbun

Otherkin
Plural
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
Prob no one out there finds this interesting but me.

2 things.

Despite me not being the 'biggest' book 2 fan (I literally dislike it), when chapter 8 came out, a Piggy YouTuber found out a secret message in the map. Basically, there was a radio in the map playing a little children's song (pretty sure the file was named Tape C) and a fan managed to somehow get the full song with voices. He did some decoding with some numbers and the alphabet, reversing and got a few texts.

''Zizzy will never speak

The Insolence

Calls to you

Help Me

Run

Her Hand Gone

Smile for him''

Though some disagree and say it doesn't have anything to do with Zizzy but with Zee. I disagree.

Next one is in Book 1, a skin actually screams 'no' in his jumpscare. Some actually notice this about other skins, like for me I saw how the skin 'Elly' has a jumpscare kinda sounding like 'stop.' If you understand what I mean.

Non-piggy fans just staring at me confused.
yeah, ive never played the game, but I like hearing about people's interests! thx

Beepy Data Center

Pronouns
Other
The way we measure distances to galaxies is interesting.

When a white dwarf orbits another star, it tends to eat matter off of it. The gases just keep collecting and collecting on the surface until finally, the white dwarf burps. This causes a "mini" supernova. As it turns out, all these supernovae reach the exact same critical point, and thus release exactly the same amount of light each time, with the exact same electromagnetic spectrum. This is called a Type 1A supernova. These occur in a cyclic pattern as the white dwarf eats more matter and the process repeats again. Briefly, the light can outshine the galaxy, so it's detectable.

The fact that these are extremely regular, happen over and over again, release the same spectrum of light, and most importantly, are always exactly as bright as any other Type 1A supernova, makes it an extremely good metric for measuring distance using the inverse square law. (If something is 1 unit away from you, and something is placed n units away from you, it is 1/n² times as bright).

So by knowing how bright Type 1A supernova are with known distances in our own galaxy, we now just need to see how bright they are in other galaxies, and bam, suddenly we know how far away they are!

archbun

Otherkin
Plural
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
The way we measure distances to galaxies is interesting.

When a white dwarf orbits another star, it tends to eat matter off of it. The gases just keep collecting and collecting on the surface until finally, the white dwarf burps. This causes a "mini" supernova. As it turns out, all these supernovae reach the exact same critical point, and thus release exactly the same amount of light each time, with the exact same electromagnetic spectrum. This is called a Type 1A supernova. These occur in a cyclic pattern as the white dwarf eats more matter and the process repeats again. Briefly, the light can outshine the galaxy, so it's detectable.

The fact that these are extremely regular, happen over and over again, release the same spectrum of light, and most importantly, are always exactly as bright as any other Type 1A supernova, makes it an extremely good metric for measuring distance using the inverse square law. (If something is 1 unit away from you, and something is placed n units away from you, it is 1/n² times as bright).

So by knowing how bright Type 1A supernova are with known distances in our own galaxy, we now just need to see how bright they are in other galaxies, and bam, suddenly we know how far away they are!
man, thats impressive!

Ninetails

Demisexual Pride
Pronouns
Neutral
Honeybees can communicate details about flowers by "dancing." Depending upon how they wiggle, they can communicate the distance, direction, and quality of different flowers to the rest of the hive.

archbun

Otherkin
Plural
Therianthrope
Pronouns
Other
Honeybees can communicate details about flowers by "dancing." Depending upon how they wiggle, they can communicate the distance, direction, and quality of different flowers to the rest of the hive.
Yes, i know and it is quite interesting, isn't it? The ways animals communicate are soo cool
heh, I really need to stop fanboying over every tidbit of info lol

Dollar

Otherkin
Alterhuman
Furry
Pronouns
Masculine
Fun facts about human biology bc im a nerd!

First of all, I gotta give context. Most animals take a good hundred million years to really change, and through this process their phsyical traits become very refined and useful depending on their enviornment. Humans are not most animals. They evolved to walk upright within just a million and a half years, and became modern humans in 6 million years, which is a really small amount of time. This has resulted in a ton of funny but also really inconvenient evolutionary quirks.

First of all, the bones. At a first glance our bones don't seem very special, but if you really look at the structure you will notice that it's a Disaster. The worst offender is the feet, which still have many entirely useless bones and muscles left over from their tree-climbing days. If you've ever got any kind of nasty foot injury, chances are it only happened because the foot is way too fragile and complex. the knees are another nasty area, being incredibly easy to break despite being some of the most important parts of the body. The spine also is built in a way that leaves too much room for dumb injuries.

Another interesting area is the brain. Apparently, it's easier to make more brain matter than to reprogram old brain matter, so our brain has layers. The first layer, the lizard brain, contains incredibly basic survival instincts and emotions. The monkey brain is responsible for more complex emotions, basic memory, doing tasks, and more complex instincts. Finally, the human brain holds complex memory, logic, empathy, and other important traits. However, this has it's pitfalls. First of all, none of the three layers have any kind of failsafe to deal with the existential dread that comes with intelligence. Secondly, the lizard & monkey brain constantly contradict the human brain's logical thought, which makes it much less useful than it could be. The worst flaw is probably the human brain's want to expand & grow civilization quickly and greatly. Although this would be beneficial when there was less humans, since there was alot of land to take, now that humans have taken over the whole world it just means they mostly fight against eachother and refuse to change harmful practices in the name of efficiency.

A few mischellanous things: Tons of instincts are very easily hijacked. For instance, all noises of a certain frequency will make the monkey brain feel a need to comfort, or become agitated. This is because that frequency is the frequency babies make while crying. However, it's more commonly and effectively used by cats when they meow. Also, we feel an incredible urge to take care of anything that looks remotely like a human baby, which even more animals take advantage of.

Every single human on earth could easily pick up several tons, but our monkey brain prevents us because it's just a bad idea unless there's serious shit happening.

There is 15 (minimum) kinds of seratonin. that's just the ones we know of, and there's subtypes.

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
MiniToon made Piggy as a joke, at the time those "survive the killer" games were super popular. He specifically found a 'Peppa pig' one. He found it hilarious, how a game with a 2D drawing chasing people received so much attention. So he decided to make a game like this, but with 3D models and more effort, for him and his friends to play. Ended up making the game public, and the game received 1 billion visits in two months.

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Petrol has a freezing point of approx -60 degrees Celsius (-76 degrees Fahrenheit). Diesel has an even lower freezing point. A Diesel-like mixture called SAB (Special Antarctic Blend) is used in well... you guessed it - the Antarctic.
However just because it has such a low freezing point doesn't mean general low temps will not have an effect. These liquids have a gel point and pour point, at which will affect the performance of the machine it's fueling.

Doll

Pronouns
Neutral
All blue birds get their blue color from the way the light interacts with the nanostructures in their feathers - there are no birds with actual blue pigment.

FoxyAnimations

Barghest
Bisexual Pride
Shadow Dog
Pronouns
Other
Daily Piggy fact cause I'm a Piggy nerd, from the toon man himself (MiniToon).

Ahoy, everyone! here's a 'Fun Piggy Fact': Chapter 3 was actually built before Chapter 2! IK3As builds maps way too well and way too fast. Should've seen how fast she built Chapter 9-

Jeb_CC

+Primal Member
Therianthrope
Xenogender Pride
Asexual Pride
Pronouns
Other
Minecraft has the highest amount of sold copies than any other video game, at a whopping 238 million sales. It is followed by GTA V at 155 million, and Tetris (EA) at 100 million.