Internetageddon | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Internetageddon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Observer, May 4, 2016.

1. The Observer

The Observer Hatchling
    SP Artist

Bones:
    Ƀ255.41
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    :)
    So, since Kinmunity was broken for awhile, it made me think. It's seems kind of weird since this was loaded on an old database, like going back in time. (Even though I wasn't apart of this then...) But honestly, what if this happened on every website on the internet? Why don't we name what would be deleted, the consequences, etc. of this happening to individual websites. So here's what I think would happen on Facebook:
    • people would wine about their precious status updates and selfies being deleted
    • the news bar would be...off
    • the games would be a disaster and people would get mad about loosing progress and money on Farmville
    • Chainmail would somehow be up and present, just as annoying and infectious as always
    • More complaints about not having a dislike button

Yeah, I wasn't very creative with this one. I'll leave it up to you guys to be creative since I don't really have it in me today.

2. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    Thank goodness, we would all be free from Tumblr! (said the person with a tumblr blog).

Let's see, what would happen if youtube got deleted.
    • An end to the infinite number of minecraft youtubers, (finally).
    • Anyone who uses youtube for music purposes (such as myself) would have to look elsewhere.
    • Hours of entertainment would have gone away and I would be forced to do something productive.
    • Educational youtube channels would disappear, which is a bad thing.
    I can't think of many other downsides.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TimelordVictorious

TimelordVictorious ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ89.92
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    For me, the worst part would be the website designs in general. You know the ones I'm talking about. These things.

[​IMG]

The stuff of nightmares. :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,623.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    Depending on the generation, people would either not notice, not care, or not know what to do with themselves lol.

5. Grey

Grey Doodle Dragon
    Staff Member Guardian Dragon

Unsettling PhilterBold PhilterChibi DragonGold Dragon CoinFerocious Obsidian DragonGold Otherkin Heptagram
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,970.50
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    If Furaffinity disappeared:

- Mass exodus to Weasyl or SoFurry
    - Everyone blaming Dragoneer on Twitter for it
    - Many poor artists would be out of a venue (that is actually sad)
    - Well at least that website would finally be out of its misery

There actually HAVE been many times where furries threatened to leave FA and where FA could have gone down indefinitely because of the terribly shoddy management of the site before IMVU took over. The biggest fit storm I have ever seen over that website happened about a year ago when the site was down for 3 days due to a DDOS attack

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Observer

The Observer Hatchling
    SP Artist

Bones:
    Ƀ255.41
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    Huh. I didn't know that about FA. (Then again, never been there myself.) I feel bad for the coders that would have to put up with that, not to mention the pressure on the owner.

7. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Deviantart -

- Much rejoicing because lets face it, dA is a corporate sellout disaster and drama cesspool these days.
    - The closed species community would literally explode
    - There would be a rampage about lost points an the money spent on them/points people were waiting to transfer into cash money
    - Weasyl would probably see a rise in members because it allows content other than just furry art. That and Toyhouse members would become more active.
    - Like with fA many artists relying on commissions as a source of income would be out of a venue.
    - It would be somehow even worse than before if and when they got it up and running because the admins took it upon themselves to also facilitate a million unwanted and unneeded changes on top of bringing the site back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChanceKatt

ChanceKatt Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ25.62
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Can't say I'm feeling all too sorry for Dragoneer (the owner at that time). I mean he's brought on (and tried to hide) a pretty notorious hacker, tried to hide that his wife (she is his wife, right?) was staff after they said she wasn't, and over... I just don't think he's someone who should be running a site, especially not a large one like FA (Which, as far as I know, he didn't even own full rights to when he sold it to IMVU.). Also the whole thing with nsfw ads and malware-laden ads because, well, IMVU. I wonder, is FA still on that watchlist of sites at risk of dying?

Anyways, I'm curious what would happen if something very large scale blew up. Like Google.

9. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.70
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    If Netflix and Hulu disappeared, it would be a very good day for Comcast. People would learn how to use DVRs again. We'd go back to people rushing home to watch things when they're on, having forgotten to use the aforementioned DVRs. That's all I've got for now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kiror

kiror Fuzzy Mirror
    Staff Member Deputy Admin Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    For me, a single site having these problems wouldn't be the worst case. It would be a lot worse if everyone would be forced returning to dial-up: this would be a real disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Voice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ577.44
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :mad:
    That's what I thought of too!