Rejected - Introduction Link | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Rejected Introduction Link

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Paniczoure, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paniczoure

Paniczoure The White-Furred Artist
    Staff Member Guardian

Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Bones:
    Ƀ126.14
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :)
    I was wondering about if you can add the introduction post in the "Information" section of your page, because everytime I meet someone they rarely have a lot of info about themselves in their pages, and I always try to find their intro to know more about them, since I consider the introduction a great source of info.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    Ok I officially feel stupid. I don't understand what you are asking for. Could you try and explain more? If you have to use pictures go for it.

3. Paniczoure

Staff Member Guardian

Bright PhilterTransparent PhilterVanishing PhilterSilver Otherkin HeptagramSilver Theta DeltaWuffy
    Bones:
    Ƀ126.14
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Ok, lets say I want to know about you, so I check in your profile to see about you in your information section, in your case it seems that there's a lot of info for me to see, but with others their information section is kind of empty, and to know about them I would search for their intro to know about them.
    But with all the new introductions each day its harder for me to find it, so if there was a button that could direct me to their intro it would be much easier, and then I can know a bit more about them.

Am I making myself clear...? I don't feel like I am. :c

4. Maggie Darkmoon

Maggie Darkmoon Wyrmling
    Kitsune CoveHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ33.09
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    x'D
    I understand however I now disagree with this idea. Introductions can easily be outdated very quickly in this community. I already have to redo mine in my blog. Again. I normally take people's profiles almost being blank as a sign they don't care to put in the effort. Which I can be wrong but still.

Sorry...

5. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,689.92
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    I'm not sure if such a thing is even possible since each intro has a unique URL. It would be more likely to link to the introductions forum...but even then you can just use the search function to find posts made by a certain user.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    Are you wanting the profile to contain a link to a user's intro?

7. Paniczoure

Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ126.14
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    Yeah...
    But now thanks to Sera I discovered the search of posts by an specific user, so I don't know if its a great idea after all.

8. Cipher

Cipher Great Wyrm
    Elder

Black Winged AngelChibi DragonBrimstone Demon
    Bones:
    Ƀ843.05
    Primary Identity:
    Demonic
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    There could be a space on your profile info to put a link to your introduction post, that might work.

9. Shiro

Shiro The foxy wolfeh ;p
    Staff Member Administrator

Cyano PhilterFrostfire PhilterBold PhilterStandard Media KeyWuffyChibi WolfGold Theta DeltaSilver Werewolf CoinGold Wolf CoinBrimstone DemonRed KitsuneBarghestWonder WolfChibi FoxGold PawBronze Fox Coin
    Bones:
    Ƀ38,278.36
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :relaxed:
    It is technically possible to have introduction threads linked to in the profile. I could very easily implement it so that your introduction thread is available as a profile link. This sounds like a good idea at first glance, but I see several potential issues with it. For example,
    1. A lot of people who have been on the site for an extended period of time have changed since their introduction thread. They may have discovered new kintypes, their hobbies and interests may have changed, and their introduction thread may no longer accurately reflect them at all as time goes on.
    2. When I first joined the otherkin community back when I was around twelve, my introduction was absolute cringe. As a user in this situation, if that thread were bound to my profile now, I would feel extremely embarrassed. People don't want embarrassing memories to be the first thing someone sees when they think of them.
    3. We already have a problem with new users reviving dead introduction threads and "welcoming" users who have been on the site for well over a year now, most likely to earn bones. I feel if we linked introduction threads to profiles, this would be even more of a problem than it already is.
    My suggestion to all who were interested in this idea is to post an introductory blurb in the "About Me" section of your profile. This section is an awesome place for others to get to know you!

For the reasons I stated above, this suggestion will not be implemented.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.