Irrational Fears | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Irrational Fears

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirath, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    So, we've all got these somewhere, right?

Some fear you know isn't true, but deep down something tells you it is. Something that you know your fear of is uncalled for, yet you fear anyway

My fear - whenever I scratch/itch my arms, I always fear I'll go straight through the arteries and bone. Now, when I don't do it, I know it isn't possible, but when I am... Oh does it frighten me at times.

2. shweppswasabiale

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ37.66
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    sounds like a sad excuse for a threat

Yeah, that pathetic rating function is a convenient copout to actual communication isn't it.

• Rubbish Rubbish x 6
    • What is this? I don't even... What is this? I don't even... x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    Funny, it conveys my exact thoughts on what you wrote

So, what? Am I a threat? Was what I wrote somehow a threaten to you?

Please, enlighten me and the other staff...

4. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Bones:
    Ƀ1,081.05
    Background Key
    Primary Identity:
    Alien
    My irrenational fear would be the fear of being left behind. Developed when my father and aunt died of cancer. I know I wouldnt be left behind by friends and family but I fear it will happen. That is why I tend to push people away. If they left me behind and I am not close with them then I would not have it. Guess the whole period my family members suffered from cancer made more fears where I know it is not true but my head tells otherwise.

5. shweppswasabiale

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ37.66
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Nice try, but you're the one who just got called out.

I don't use those functions. I don't even have them and don't want them either.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well that's a perfectly healthy instinct.

You have the right to reject fears selfish people want to push on you.

• Rubbish Rubbish x 3
  6. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    I don't exactly have an irrational fear. Though I do find myself frequently thinking about the death of those who are close to me, especially my father. I ponder how I would handle it. I do fear their deaths, but not to an irrational degree where I am paranoid about someone dying everyday or the thought ruining me emotionally when it comes up.

7. Gryff

Gryff Uber-Geek Fauntaur
    Elder Your Kintype is What

Bones:
    Ƀ1,816.75
    Chibi DragonBrimstone DemonMustang
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :hushedface:
    I have a serious phobia of falling. It's not a fear of heights mind you; I've been on the top of a mountain before without any trouble. But if I'm near an edge without a sufficient railing or try to jump into a pool or something, I have issues.

8. Johnny Phox

Johnny Phox Hatchling
    Kitsune Cove

Bones:
    Ƀ374.80
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    I have two fears that stand out, though I'm not sure if I would call them irrational.

The first is the fear of abandonment. It's something I've had since I was little and my mom walked out on my family. Since then I take any loss, whether a break up or a death in the family intensely hard, particularly the time leading up to it (fights, arguments, silence, illness, etc.)

The second fear is the concept of death. I wouldn't say I'm so much afraid of dying as I am at the inability to understand what happens to our consciousness after we die and what that experience would be like. I've heard many different suggestions on afterlife, but my head can't wrap around the concept of not existing anymore. I lose a lot of sleep over this.

9. shweppswasabiale

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ37.66
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    The bottom line is that there's no such thing as irrational fear. Fear is perfectly rational.

You're afraid I'm going to say something you don't like then dismiss your rating, which I've done here with consistency, but you don't have the courage to ban me because that would make you look incompetent.

Too bad.

I'm still here and still kissing up to no one.
    --- Post updated ---
    The bottom line is that there's no such thing as irrational fear. Fear is perfectly rational.

You're afraid I'm going to say something you don't like then dismiss your rating, which I've done here with consistency, but you don't have the courage to ban me because that would make you look incompetent.

Too bad.

--- Post updated ---

Too bad.

--- Post updated ---

Too bad.

--- Post updated ---

Too bad.

--- Post updated ---

Too bad.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • What is this? I don't even... What is this? I don't even... x 1
    • Rubbish Rubbish x 1
  10. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,388.16
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I have an irrational fear of cave crickets. They are blind and utterly harmless. And I stand in the edge of blind panic when I'm around one.
    So yes, @shweppswasabiale there is such a thing as irrational fear.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Wow...looks like someone really thinks they're edgy...a real rebel lol.

• Like Like x 4
  12. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

Bones:
    Ƀ719.01
    CrowBarghest
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    I have a fear of going to sleep (or maybe its a fear of waking up?). I usually make myself sick from it becauseI stay awake until I physically can't even keep my eyes open, which leads to me not getting enough sleep. I believe it ties in with my fear of the passage of time.

13. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    My irrational fear has to be of bugs. Literally any bug will cause me to panic. It doesn't matter if it is a small butterfly, I will flip out.

Shweppswasabiale, you do not have to reply in such a rude fashion. You're the only one provoking others on this topic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Bones:
    Ƀ123.47
    Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I have a lot of irrational fears heh, a lot fuelled by my paranoia. But my main one is people in general. I do have severe social anxiety, so that accounts for my fear of leaving the house and walking into busy places, passing people on the street, or having to talk to a stranger. Especially when going to buy something at a shop counter, I just freak out. I fear what they'll think of me, or that inside they might be mocking, judging, laughing.

An even more irrational fear is at home, I hate having the windows open at any point of day as I fear people will be listening in to everything I say and use it against me or spread rumours. I always have to keep them closed, or, if it is necessary, I will open them but refuse to speak a word. When I am alone I am also often afraid someone will break in and try to steal things or attack/harm me.

Sleep is too, although it's kind of more of a phase thing for me. Sometimes I'll be fine, and then all of a sudden an episode will hit me where I'm petrified to go to sleep in case something happens and I won't wake up again. I become convinced I'll die in my sleep if I sleep.

Onto more common ones... Bugs are also a fear of mine. Well... mostly spiders and flies inside the house. I can deal with other bugs, but those... oh no. I just can't. I think it kind of fits in with a fear of uncleanliness, I'm afraid they'll spread germs and harmful bacteria in my house.

I'd say those are my main ones.

15. Venake

Venake Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ55.89
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Sea, deep sea, deep sea creatures. Whenever there's a lot of water involved I flip out, mostly if I can't see through it. I get a lot of nightmares about it. Also, it seems that I hate closed spaces.

16. House of Chimeras

House of Chimeras Book-loving Historians
    Elder

Bones:
    Ƀ528.07
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Our system has a phobia of getting pregnant, of pregnant women, and babies. All of these phobias have their roots in our species and gender dysphoria. As young as 6 years old we were repulsed at the idea of having children which over time morphed into a greater and greater fear, only to have become a phobia in our teens. And as the fear grew it expanded from just our system's body becoming pregnant to getting panicky and anxious around pregnant women in general and then babies.

- Spiridon (male, single-horned ungulate)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charias

Charias Wandering Wolf
    Demonkin

Bones:
    Ƀ1,423.40
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    I have a lot of irrational fears... pregnancy, hospitals and anything to do with them, sharp things, bridges, deep water, falling, elevators, planes, doors with locks that are stiff/can get jammed, and crane flies. Ugh no crane flies are bad.

And I have social anxiety. And severe claustrophobia, which I think a lot of my irrational fears are linked to (elevators, planes, locking doors... they're all about enclosed spaces).

And I also have this oddly specific fear that the last thing I'll feel before I die is regret. I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want the last thing I think in this life to be "why did I do that?" or "why didn't I do that?".

18. Shoku

Shoku Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ35.04
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    I have am extreme fear of fire that is out of control.

19. Laufey

Laufey Weaver of Worlds
    The Celestial Realm

Bones:
    Ƀ578.79
    Voice Key
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :mad:
    @shweppswasabiale

Don't be such an enjoyment to our shared forum space :)

I fear dark water. Like, deep oceans. Also, the sound of buzzing bees.

20. Thetis

Thetis Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ27.95
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    I'm terrified of finger sticks..and I'm a nurse. I can hand them out all day long, but come close to my fingers with a needle and I clam up.