Kinmunity

Welcome to Kinmunity - We're an online community resource and forum for alterhumans including: otherkin, therians, vampires, and others with non-human identities

In order to receive full access to Kinmunity, you'll have to register an account. Registering gives you access to the following features:

• The ability to create new threads and reply to existing ones on our forums.
  • The ability to read messages in "The Dens", our members only area.
  • The ability to chat with others in our Discord server.
  • The ability to create your very own blog on the site - write whatever you want!
  • The ability to create, join, and participate in social groups!
  • and so much more...
So what are you waiting for? Join Kinmunity today!

Is this something fictionkin related?

Sheeppilled

Pronouns
Neutral
Lets say I'm watching a show and I see a character I kin, and for some reason I get really neevous/anxious and get a deep feeling in my, same goes for if i see someone else posting about said character. I was wondering if this is normal for fictionkins? [especially if the character is an extremely high kin]

SoothsayerSasha

Tiggy
Staff member
Guardian
+Primal Member
Crow
Pronouns
Masculine
I think you had an insightful self-reflection, Sheeppilled!

Please don't think i am discrediting your experience, for I wish to share some objective tools to help you develop it!

Have you felt anything like this with characters before?

Can you say you identify with this character, or have formed an emotional attachment to their form or personality?

Are you going through changes in your life (through growth, emotion, environment) that might create an impulse towards this character that you might not have otherwise?

What do you think is the most simple explanation you can think of to explain your deep feelings?

These questions may be fairly private and it may be impossible to fully answer them in the short term, I understand!

If you feel a strong fiction-kin element then looking within like this from time ot time may help you bridge a stronger bond with this new aspect of yourself. Maybe write some fan stories that involve the character, even as yourself and explore!

~ Sasha.

Sheeppilled

Pronouns
Neutral
I think you had an insightful self-reflection, Sheeppilled!

Please don't think i am discrediting your experience, for I wish to share some objective tools to help you develop it!

Have you felt anything like this with characters before?

Can you say you identify with this character, or have formed an emotional attachment to their form or personality?

Are you going through changes in your life (through growth, emotion, environment) that might create an impulse towards this character that you might not have otherwise?

What do you think is the most simple explanation you can think of to explain your deep feelings?

These questions may be fairly private and it may be impossible to fully answer them in the short term, I understand!

If you feel a strong fiction-kin element then looking within like this from time ot time may help you bridge a stronger bond with this new aspect of yourself. Maybe write some fan stories that involve the character, even as yourself and explore!

~ Sasha.
Ah thank you for the questions !

I have not felt this with other characters before, at least not a feeling this deep/strong.

I feel more than just identifying with this character, I feel like I am them in some sort of way, or that I am just them in general, almost as if we are the same person in some sort of way, it is a little hard to explain.

I am not going through anything much different than what I'm used to, even when I have been at my lowest points I havent felt something like this towards a character

Honestly I have been doing research and I think this may be more of a DA [delusional attachment], but your questions helped! Thank you very much for your response :]]