Jungle Book | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Jungle Book

Discussion in 'Televison & Movies' started by TheAncientOne, May 5, 2016.

1. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    I'm excited for the new live action Jungle Book movie that's out in theaters now and I'm curious what people thought of it.

Here's the trailer for it:

Let me know what your opinions are about this movie.

2. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.56
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I have yet to watch the movie for myself due to lack of time and a chance to watch it in cinema, but have been extremely excited for its release. I don't have any solid opinions yet, but from the trailer I believe it looks like an amazing remake of a great story.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BirdMonster

BirdMonster Great Wyrm
    DinosaurHiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1,533.85
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    My next two weekends are booked but I really want to see this. At first, I really thought it of being another Disney remake with live action done over seriously but it actually looks like a lot of fun. The animals appear to be incredibly well done. The artists have given them emotion and the appearance of speaking yet having the models very realistic. I really love the soundtrack too. I'm a bit obsessed with "Trust in Me."

I have to admit, I've never actually seen the original movie...I probably should.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheAncientOne

TheAncientOne The Real Fullmetal Alchemist
    VIP Hiatus

Gold VIP - Six Month SubcriptionBackground Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ94.98
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :sleeping:
    It really does since it was one of my childhood favorites.
    ooooh the original Disney one is really good and it doesn't hurt to see both.

5. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    I went to watch it, and I absolutely loved it. The Jungle Book was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I watched that VHS until it completely broke. The new movie was amazing, it did a good job of keeping with the original Disney one, although it took a few understandable liberties.
    My only complaint is the music was a bit lackluster. In the Disney one, I would sing along with all the songs. King of the Swing especially, but if Mowgli and Baloo were singing "Bear necessities" then that was my jam. The musical numbers in the Disney one were written with the songs in mind, if the characters were singing than there was music and it was following along. In the newer one, if the characters were singing, there might be music, but it was a lot less noticeable, and it made it feel a bit unfamiliar. Instead of that, it had motifs from "Bear necessities" in places where it didn't seem like they fit that well.

6. Ormr Void

Ormr Void Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ569.17
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Considering how badly Disney have butchered all their live action remakes of their franchise (Maleficent, Cinderella etc.) I was wildly cautious about it and though I haven't seen it, be that in mind.
    However it appears from those that have seen it that the film was not a complete and total flop like those mentioned above.

7. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.25
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    I haven't seen it yet out of fear of a) it being absolute rubbish, b) the animation - from what I can tell, the animation didn't look up to par with 2016's capabilities. However, I have only heard good reviews so I'm interested in seeing if it holds up. :)

8. Seraphyna

Seraphyna Curmudgeony Shlion
    Elder

Theta DeltaSharkFemale Lion
    Bones:
    Ƀ3,599.37
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Mood:
    :oldwoman:
    I saw it and I loved it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried. The animation was pretty awesome, actually. Sometimes I forgot that I wasn't watching real animals.