• Site Maintenance in progress; pardon our dust!

KinCash Earning has been enabled

You can now earn bones for participating on Kinmunity, thanks to our KinCash system! This system will enable us to reward users for various acts of participation on our site, by allowing them to earn digital currency which can be changed for goodies depending on how active they are on site. Right now, we are still in the process of configuring the system and therefore we will not be explaining which items earn or lose bones just yet as this could change based on your usage. Once we have gotten an accurate picture of how people interact with Kinmunity and the effect it has on their bones, we will finalize our configuration and release information on how to earn them.

Additionally, once that is done, we will begin working on the KinShop system that allows you to trade your bones for digital goods on the site. Enjoy!

Cipher

I've heard from some other members that they're unable to post at all because they don't have enough bones - which they can't get unless they post? There may be a few bugs with this.

R } I was one who attempted to post and was prevented due to insufficient bones.

R } On one hand, I understand that it's very frowned upon to bump an ancient post and add only something like "I agree." On the other hand, I understand that it's considered a better practice to revive an old conversation on the topic you're interested in if it's currently relevant to you so as not to clutter a board up with new posts about the same topic. When I was prevented from posting this time, I just accepted that I would be staying silent, but if I had been especially passionate about the topic I would have had no other recourse but to make a completely new post about the same thing just to have somewhere to talk about it. Since some of the forums haven't been updated in over a month, posting to even the most recent conversations there might be beyond the auto-necro-block cutoff.

R } I feel concerned about functions that remove opportunities to interact with content, unless making new instances of the same topic is considered an acceptable use of the boards.

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
I'm also against the idea of charging bones for people to post in older topics.
In the past new people have come in and re-sparked some good discussions which I feel is something we should encourage. New members will often search through the forums looking for threads relating to their experiences. If they're not able to join in on those threads because they've not earned enough bones yet, I think that's going to discourage them from taking part in the forums as a whole.

I understand it for the scent rolling forum, I know we did similar there in the past, but everywhere else I don't think there should be a penalty for joining in with an older topic.

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard from some other members that they're unable to post at all because they don't have enough bones - which they can't get unless they post? There may be a few bugs with this.
I don't think this bone thing is a particularly good idea. It sounds like it's going to be harder to contribute to the forum with all this red tape. Should I really need a certain number of bones to bump an older thread that happens to interest me?
R } I was one who attempted to post and was prevented due to insufficient bones.

R } On one hand, I understand that it's very frowned upon to bump an ancient post and add only something like "I agree." On the other hand, I understand that it's considered a better practice to revive an old conversation on the topic you're interested in if it's currently relevant to you so as not to clutter a board up with new posts about the same topic. When I was prevented from posting this time, I just accepted that I would be staying silent, but if I had been especially passionate about the topic I would have had no other recourse but to make a completely new post about the same thing just to have somewhere to talk about it. Since some of the forums haven't been updated in over a month, posting to even the most recent conversations there might be beyond the auto-necro-block cutoff.

R } I feel concerned about functions that remove opportunities to interact with content, unless making new instances of the same topic is considered an acceptable use of the boards.
I'm also against the idea of charging bones for people to post in older topics.
In the past new people have come in and re-sparked some good discussions which I feel is something we should encourage. New members will often search through the forums looking for threads relating to their experiences. If they're not able to join in on those threads because they've not earned enough bones yet, I think that's going to discourage them from taking part in the forums as a whole.

I understand it for the scent rolling forum, I know we did similar there in the past, but everywhere else I don't think there should be a penalty for joining in with an older topic.
This was a bug; charges should only occur for necromancing an introductory thread. The system exists to reward users for posting and contributing things of value to the site.