Kinmunity

Kinmunity is an alterhuman community serving otherkin, the furry fandom, fictionkin, therians, vampires, coping links, plural systems, and the other-hearted. We provide our users with a wide variety of features, such as: forums, media center, articles library, user blogs, social groups, live chat, and more!

Curious? Come join us today!

Kinmunity was attacked.

Today, between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM, Kinmunity was effected by a targeted Distributed Denial of Service Attack against our server. This attack as mitigated by OVH's infrastructure. We have received notification from OVH that the attacks have subsided (recv. 07/29/2020 3:00 AM). However, before the attacks begun, a troll account called Sextoy registered to the site and repeatedly posted our public IP address, in a failed attempt to intimidate our staff team. The posts were automatically censored by FangAI, a component of Kinmunity's security system. The attacks began shortly after. It is important to note: this was simply a DDoS attack, which is an attack intended to bring a site offline for a period of time. There was no data loss or security compromise involving users or content.

This attack is currently under investigation by Kinmunity and OVH. Upon the conclusion of our investigation, if identifiable suspects are uncovered, we will involve US Law Enforcement. We will not tolerate attacks on our infrastructure, community, or our users. We have forwarded the IP addresses, email addresses, and usernames involved in the attack, and associated with the user "Sextoy", to our third party security partners to ensure they are added to relevant blacklists.

InkyDaily

Ink Hybrid
Elder
Right. is there anything I can do? I know I'm not stuff or anything but I care for our community, so I'd like to know what specifically I can do, if anything

Naia

*goes fast*
Staff member
Administrator
Right. is there anything I can do? I know I'm not stuff or anything but I care for our community, so I'd like to know what specifically I can do, if anything
There are a lot of ways you can help out. Specifically, the following:
  • If you are an artist, you can contribute artwork to the site. Please PM me directly and I will let you know what is needed.
  • We would like to expand our articles library. If you feel comfortable writing quality articles about the alterhuman community, please PM them to me and I will submit them under your name. Currently, Elder access is required for direct submission.
  • We could always use donations, which are used to improve the site and pay the bills.
  • Reporting abusive posts and content.
  • Promoting the site on social media.

There are a lot of ways you can help out. Specifically, the following:
  • If you are an artist, you can contribute artwork to the site. Please PM me directly and I will let you know what is needed.
  • We would like to expand our articles library. If you feel comfortable writing quality articles about the alterhuman community, please PM them to me and I will submit them under your name. Currently, Elder access is required for direct submission.
  • We could always use donations, which are used to improve the site and pay the bills.
  • Reporting abusive posts and content.
  • Promoting the site on social media.
I am willing to do articles, if I can have a few topics that need to be covered.