Let's all get to know each other better! Drop 5 fun facts about yourself!

Effervescent-Daydream

1. I'm autistic! Not many people can tell (So I've been told) but I'm very proud of it.

2. I absolutely ADORE doing theatre! I've only ever been in musicals, but I hope to do some normal plays sometime! I'm currently in a production of Shrek: the Musical.

3. I'm part of something called the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism). Basically, we go around doing medieval things! In fact, I have my Award of Arms (AoA) which makes me a Lord, so my full SCA name is Lord Benjamin Carver. (That's not my real last name tho lol)

4. I've won an award for my writing before!

5. I finished Einstein's Fish Riddle in 31 minutes! [Link is a link to the puzzle]

Ok if we're posting more than once lets see if I can think of some others. :blepj:

1. I've been in the therian community 19 years.

2. I also hold animist-like beliefs.

3. I'm a follower of Tymora. Yeah, the Goddess from D&D forgotten realms.

4. I have a slight obsession with orchids, house plants in general also but the majority of my collection are orchids.

5. I followed @beanjamoose's link to that puzzle and "Congratulations, you win! You finished the game in 00:09:43."
I got 9:12! 

cryptidboy

1. I'm 5'2" which uh doesn't bother me at all! /s (I got height dysphoria real bad.)

2. I write poetry. I used to be good at it 😕

3. I'm planning on majoring in psychology and becoming a therapist, because there's a serious lack of actually mentally ill or neurodivergent therapists out there and I think I'll be able to understand my patient better than a neurotypical therapist.

4. I love cats......

5. My favorite song is either Dysphoric by Cavetown or Lone Digger by Caravan Palace.

1. I found out yesterday that i'm hypoglycemic

2. I plan to start a therian youtube channel

3. I've been a therian for around 3 years and started off as one of those annoying 13 y/o wolf kids that thought they knew everything about therianthropy

4. I have horrible social anxiety

5. I'm 16 and only just now learning to drive :'3

Effervescent-Daydream

1. I found out yesterday that i'm hypoglycemic

2. I plan to start a therian youtube channel

3. I've been a therian for around 3 years and started off as one of those annoying 13 y/o wolf kids that thought they knew everything about therianthropy

4. I have horrible social anxiety

5. I'm 16 and only just now learning to drive :'3
I'm 17 and still don't know so it's fine 😄

B

bhiurd

Unverified
1. I'm intimidated by people who are barely above my height, so like 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but people who are significantly taller than me I don't really mind.

2. I'm intimidated by melanistic creatures except for small cats, big dogs (but not big cats or small dogs???), and Night Furies. For everything else though, I get nervous and it sorta triggers my fight or flight response.

3. I'm a war fanatic! I really find anything war-related very, very interesting and I hope to join the army someday, even if I just end up cleaning up the bases instead of fighting like everyone else. One of my all-time favorite movies is Hacksaw Ridge which is based off an actual true story of some guy who joined the army but refused to pick up a gun, so he risked his life in war being a medic and saving lives. It's absolutely beautiful and I couldn't recommend it enough.

4. I'm not a very spiritual person, but Dee believes we had past lives and our soul is nearly as old as time itself (which people in our life agree with us on), and lived in some of the darkest periods in history and tend to be on the "wrong side" of things (depending on how you look at it). I remember being a pirate, living as a plague doctor, and suffering through many wars, among other things.

5. I'm a vulture (as in, Vulture Culture) and have a few pieces of taxidermy and other animal remains. I hope to go hunting soon for the first time and eventually work on my love of bushcraft. I also study prehistoric life in my free time and wish to go fossil hunting one of these days (the state I live in used to be a marshland in prehistoric times before it dried out in some way, it left many fossils of plants and small marshy organisms but no dinosaurs).

1. I have a go-to Chinese buffet in town, and I always get the same thing: green beans, crab rangoon, mushrooms, sushi, chicken skewers, cashew chicken, angel hair lo mein, and a small chocolate cake. I may deviate slightly depending on the day, but I follow that formula quite closely.

2. I'm made vaguely uncomfortable by reminders of human sexual dimorphism. Yes, that's a weird way to put that, but I'm not sure how else to say it. Like discussions of gender differences make me squirm.

3. I'm absolutely, positively, irrationally HORRIFIED of pregnancy. I'm trying to fix that. Having this fear is not fun. (And yet, I'm also morbidly fascinated. I read about pregnancy a lot for someone who is so horrified by it. It's like someone who can't stop looking at gore, despite it giving them bad nightmares.)

4. I see ghosts or spirits or...something from another dimension all the time. I've even seen MYSELF walking around more than once. Heard whistling with no source. I've had times where people I was talking to, sitting right next to me, suddenly DISAPPEARED into thin air. Like I glanced away and they were gone, and there was no sign they had been there, and they weren't walking away...nope just GONE.

5. I love wide open, vast spaces with absolutely no one in them (well, except me). I love wind. I love high desert. I love mountains. Perhaps a bit weird for a cormorant, but WHATEVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amber

Astral skydancer
Staff member
Guardian
Gold Donor
VIP
Since I already posted I'll use subsequent numbering :toungederg:

6. I don't remember any past lifes. I think coming here in human form was my own decision, and afaik it's the first time I'm doing so. I think that part of my consciousness is dormant somewhere else. I believe I can connect to it while m-shifted or when meditating, but that seems to stress the human brain quite a lot.

7. I seem to be at least partially in control of a kind of energy which manifests as an electric surge feeling propagating along my spine. I feel this for decades, but only recently realized it's related to the Hindu beliefs about life energy.

8. I'm checking each chair I want to sit on to see if the back rest has a gap which would seem big enough to fit my tail through

9. Unfortunately I don't seem to have molar tooth, so I think I can't chew things. Bad luck! I still don't exactly know how the back of my head looks like. Do I have horns? Or maybe some of these fin-like things?

10. I reckon it would be hard to type on a keyboard with my claws. Also I'd scratch any smartphone right away. Touchpad pens be praised!

Effervescent-Daydream

3. I'm absolutely, positively, irrationally HORRIFIED of pregnancy. I'm trying to fix that. Having this fear is not fun. (And yet, I'm also morbidly fascinated. I read about pregnancy a lot for someone who is so horrified by it. It's like someone who can't stop looking at gore, despite it giving them bad nightmares.)
Saaaameeee omg! This is a big part of the reason I don't want kids, the entire process just rubs me the wrong way. Getting pregnant, being pregnant and everything that comes with it, having the baby, being a parent.... nooooooo omg

Trust me when I say  you're far from alone in this!

Ada'i

VIP
Let's see...

1. Despite loving nature and being "elf-y" I'm extremely well versed in technology. Working on finishing my Associate's of Arts to get a bachelor's in Information Technology.
  2. While I am 5'1", my girlfriend is 6'3" and easily tours over me. I have not grown since 8th grade.
  3. I have 4 guinea pigs. Sylvester, Teddy, Alfie, and Squeakies. All of which I did not name.
  4. I'm an extremely spiritual person, but sometimes this brings issues communicating my way of thinking due to most of my friends (including my partner) not being spiritual at all.
  5. For the last 5 years I've been writing a story about my past life as an elf and plan on publishing it one day.

Charias

Wandering Wolf
Staff member
Guardian
Hmm, okay...

1. I'm very interested in personality typing (via my interest in daemonism) - I'm an ENFP, 1w2 7w6 2w3, Chaotic Good, Gryffinpuff, Red-Green, my cultural/symbolic daemon form is an American black bear and my personality form is... probably an Indian rhino but I'm still figuring that out. (Funny enough Indian rhinos are one of the only personality forms I've encountered where the personality is... pretty much exactly like you'd expect it to be, even if you don't know daemon forms, so you can probably make some inferences about me from that aha).

2. I'm passionate about science despite having the least academic brain ever. Like, I can't study for the life of me and I'd never survive university, but I love following along with scientific discoveries! Even when I don't fully understand them! In particular I love environmental science, zoology and palaeontology. 

3. I have some very... strange, very specific phobias. I love 99% of insects, but am genuinely petrified of crane flies (which are, ironically, completely harmless). I'm terrified of crossing bridges. And I have a somewhat obscure phobia called cleistrophobia, which is similar to claustrophobia except that instead of being scared of confined spaces, I'm scared of situations where I don't have a clear escape route.

4. I'm an artist but cannot, for the life of me, do commissions. I just... nope. As soon as there's pressure/obligation, all my motivation flies out the window! That's why I mostly do gift art/freebies or personal art. Because it's much more fun for me that way! (Mad respect for all you artists who work for pay, you're so fricking valid aaa).

5. I'm a Green/Chaos witch, but extremely lazy and flaky about it. And my beliefs are... somewhere between strange and ambiguous. I clash a lot with New Age-style ideologies, and don't really believe there's any infinitely benevolent higher powers. In a lot of ways I identify more with cosmicism.

1. I've been a huge psychology nerd since I was in high school. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in psych last year and I'm looking to go to grad school to become a social psych researcher. Catch me rambling about my undying hatred for the Stanford Prison Experiment to anyone who will listen.

2. I'm trying to maintain a writing habit. Like, really trying. I won NaNo last year but the actual book isn't finished.

3. I have no impulse control. Last night I went to 7-11 at like one AM, bought a dozen eggs, came home, soft-boiled the entire carton, and ate nine of them in one sitting, just because I felt like some eggs.

4. I'm really into video game modding. The only reason I haven't finished the Skyrim companion mod I'm working on is because I can't come up with a satisfactory questline progression and I kinda have to know that in order to get any further than I am.

5. At any given moment, I have too many Chrome tabs open.

Velvet

A Lizardy Cat
Staff member
Community Manager
5. At any given moment, I have too many Chrome tabs open.
Me too. Gosh, I am awful for this. I don't even want to attempt to count how many tabs I have open... I usually have multiple chrome windows open each with too many tabs as well. Heh. I got the tab wrangler extension once but ended up scrapping it because I got annoyed when it closed the tabs and I'd just reopen them and lock them and... well then that just defeated the whole point.  :blepj:

Charias

Wandering Wolf
Staff member
Guardian
Haha I am the polar opposite of that! I hate having more than two tabs open... makes me feel like I should be Working On Something (since the only time I really have 3+ tabs open is when I'm doing research projects). All extraneous tabs shall be yote.

Alec29

1. I am a practicing pagan witch (I am a devotee of Freyja/Freya). Feel free to ask me about paganism, witchcraft, and the like.

2. I make pixel art.

3. I am deving my own game. 

4. I am really queer, and proud of it. (I am a trans guy, who is biromantic, asexual, and polyamorous. Feel free to ask if you are unaware of what any of my labels mean, or are unsure of any of them.)

5. I am really neurodivergant and have spent a lot of time learning about psychology. (I have major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, ADHD-PI, and am on the autism spectrum. I would love to discuss this topic with anyone.)

Effervescent-Daydream

Me too. Gosh, I am awful for this. I don't even want to attempt to count how many tabs I have open... I usually have multiple chrome windows open each with too many tabs as well. Heh. I got the tab wrangler extension once but ended up scrapping it because I got annoyed when it closed the tabs and I'd just reopen them and lock them and... well then that just defeated the whole point.  :blepj:
I'm up to 11 at the moment! 

Haha I am the polar opposite of that! I hate having more than two tabs open... makes me feel like I should be Working On Something (since the only time I really have 3+ tabs open is when I'm doing research projects). All extraneous tabs shall be yote.
I have up to 5. That's it, with rare exceptions for intensive projects.

Got my music, whoever I'm talking to, and other reading material, usually

1.Most of you already know but I am diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, ADHD, and PTSD. Though, lately I’ve been learning to manage it better!

2.I have an astral guardian, who I speak with, named Prince Alaphraxxas, who’s name means “alpha draconian nexus”. He speaks with me on the daily and we communicate through a form of possession, though my body is still getting used to it.

3.One if my best draconic friends is Lugia, though he’s not a fictive! He was alive and well long before Pokémon was ever created, yet he had no part in its making. I have a theory he came to me in the form of the fictional species of Lugia!

4.I have been institutionalized in a mental hospital before, and was there for about a month, and that was three years ago.

5.I have a lot of extensive knowledge on my own spirituality and how to help others with discovering themselves and the general history behind our respective identities. I do my best to help the community any way I can! ^.=.*
Names are pretty powerful in the spirit world so you shouldn't give out spirits names like that, i'm telling you because i also have spirit friends and id hate to see them get hurt. Please be careful

1. I'm intimidated by people who are barely above my height, so like 1 or 2 inches taller than me, but people who are significantly taller than me I don't really mind.

2. I'm intimidated by melanistic creatures except for small cats, big dogs (but not big cats or small dogs???), and Night Furies. For everything else though, I get nervous and it sorta triggers my fight or flight response.

3. I'm a war fanatic! I really find anything war-related very, very interesting and I hope to join the army someday, even if I just end up cleaning up the bases instead of fighting like everyone else. One of my all-time favorite movies is Hacksaw Ridge which is based off an actual true story of some guy who joined the army but refused to pick up a gun, so he risked his life in war being a medic and saving lives. It's absolutely beautiful and I couldn't recommend it enough.

4. I'm not a very spiritual person, but Dee believes we had past lives and our soul is nearly as old as time itself (which people in our life agree with us on), and lived in some of the darkest periods in history and tend to be on the "wrong side" of things (depending on how you look at it). I remember being a pirate, living as a plague doctor, and suffering through many wars, among other things.

5. I'm a vulture (as in, Vulture Culture) and have a few pieces of taxidermy and other animal remains. I hope to go hunting soon for the first time and eventually work on my love of bushcraft. I also study prehistoric life in my free time and wish to go fossil hunting one of these days (the state I live in used to be a marshland in prehistoric times before it dried out in some way, it left many fossils of plants and small marshy organisms but no dinosaurs).
1. i sleep too much. i've slept for 16 hours at a time. usually if i don't force myself to wake up early i'll sleep during the day too.

2. i lovethe idea of death. Not my own death, but the idea. i love thinking about it, when i do i get a rush of calm but also excitement.

3. I do commissions. Art ones. i art.

4. i love horror stories and creepy pastas.

5. I love snakes

Last edited by a moderator:

LunastreDraconis

Celestial Draconian Queen 🌔
@Demonicspinejuice I am an avid practicer and teacher of the astral plane, and one of the many important rules is to shield your mind and body from all spirits that you deem any bit of suspicious, for names have great power in hold of the inner soul. Alaphraxxas is my mate and astral guardian from my true life, so that is why I trust him greatly, so do not worry, I know much about the unknowns of the astral plane, for I have also written a master post on tumblr about the dangers, benefits, and knowledge about what the astral plane actually is. Fear not, ^.=.^