Let's help each other learn other languages! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Let's help each other learn other languages!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spiritual Hunters, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Spiritual Hunters

Spiritual Hunters The Cajun System
    Elder Plural Life

Bones:
    Ƀ128.20
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    There is a site that is completely free and allows you to learn another language and help others learn your native language! I think this is an amazing idea! Here is the site.

If you did sign up, what language would you pick? I picked Spanish because my brother in law and his family speak it. If I can learn it from this site, I may then learn how to speak French next.

~Jessie

2. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ713.40
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Hmm, I might have to check this site out. I'm already on duolingo, learning Irish, but it couldn't hurt to multi task. Next on my list is probably French. A friend of mine is moving to France after she's completed her studies, and it would be nice to visit her and explore the country.

3. AshenFall

AshenFall Danger Floof
    Staff Member Guardian Elder VIP Thoughtform Haven

Direflame PhilterBold PhilterMidnight Neon PhilterFerocious Orange Dragon
    Bones:
    Ƀ81.71
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    I think I'd love to lean Japanese on there, I'll probably sign up when I have the chance, it's always been a language that's interested me and since I want to go on holiday there to see the beautiful scenery one day, it'd be useful to learn the basics. :)
    I'm already (kind of) fluent in Swedish. Not great, but adequate.

4. Alieta

Alieta Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.10
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    I wanna learn Japanese, and have progressed pretty far with other help, but I'd also like to learn Spanish, French, and Korean.

5. Nod

Nod Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ3.28
    Primary Identity:
    Vampire
    I appreciate the share, @Spiritual Hunters. I'm always looking for new resources to help with my studies. I think I would choose to continue my Greek. Even though I have it down pretty well, I still like to use any resource I can. Especially things like online radio, which I will provide a link to below for anyone looking to touch up on or learn Greek. I'll definitely have to check this website out and look it over.

On a side note, Effective Language Learning Through Books, Audio, Apps, Online Courses and Tutors | Living Language is a pretty good resource. They have demos, but the courses you have to ultimately pay for. Which, I didn't mind. Bought a year. Wasn't that much of a stretch. I have their Greek and Russian programs. The Russian program being the physical copy. Honestly, I enjoyed it more than Rosetta Stone. So if you have the money to spare, they're worth investigating.

Here's the online radio I mentioned earlier, E-Radio.gr - The Hellenic Radio Portal . Personally, I think this website is neat. Every station I've tuned into so far has been free. And it's excellent to hear the language being spoken. I'm not sure if that website has anything but Greek, as I have never looked. But for anyone aspiring to learn the language I hope this helps!

6. MoreThanUThink

MoreThanUThink The Ice Dragon
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ14.95
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Oh gosh, I used to use Duolingo. I ran out of time, and haven't been back to it in months. It's a really good site, you should try it out: Duolingo: Language learning for free

7. PinkTitanium

PinkTitanium The Fallen Faerie
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ47.76
    Primary Identity:
    Fae
    Russian. :-D

8. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ34.50
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Ah, I'm taking Japanese next year! MAYBE doubling up, but we'll see. I want to squeeze Art II into my schedule, that's the only way I can get into AP Art, and it'll look great on my college application, but other languages are always a good thing to have.

9. Devagraha

Devagraha Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.20
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Mood:
    :neutral2:
    Mostly interested in German and Greek,
    I will have to check this site out. Thanks for the recommendation! :)
    ~
    Devagraha

10. Buskerpup

Buskerpup Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ3.98
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thanks for the link! I wish I could become better at Spanish...I have such a prominent American accent...