Let's see your pictures! | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Let's see your pictures!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starborn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Starborn

Starborn Wild Alien Witch

Bones:
    Ƀ110.13
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :relievedface:
    Okay, this is a fun one. Feel free to share if you feel comfortable with it. Don't overstep your personal boundaries - if you are not comfortable with it, don't feel inclined to share! :)

This thread is for posting personal pictures! It doesn't have to be too personal; whatever you're comfortable with. You can post pictures of your physical self, your partner(s)/friends/family (with their permission, of course), your pets/animal companions, things you love to do (yourself doing sports, arts, etc.), or of material items that are very personal/important to you! :)
    Feel free to post one picture or more (but try not to overdo it, else we may clog up the thread and make it too difficult to navigate - maybe a limit of three pictures per post should be set? I hope this is fine with the admins!), and to add more pictures later in the thread as you see fit. Whatever you feel like sharing about yourself, share away! This is a sort of "getting to know each other" exercise. :D

(I hope that posting multiple pictures in a single post is not in violation to the posting rules. If so, my deepest apologies, and any mod/admin may feel free to correct me.)

Okay, since it would be unfair of me to expect others to feel comfortable with this right away, I'll start it off to break the ice!

[​IMG]
    This, here, is me. This is one of my favourite photos of myself as it includes many components of my passion. I'm a hula hoop dancer; my sport of choice and one of my favourite things to do. I am also a festie (Shambhala Music Festival was the greatest most life-altering experience of my life - I went for the first time in 2014 and cannot wait to go back 'home' again next year!) and am pictured wearing my favourite festival performance outfit, including my beloved space leggings (and if I never had to take them off, I would be the happiest little alien alive). Additionally, I am into photography and modeling. This was a photo I took of myself with my DSLR camera on my tripod using a shutter remote. And finally, nature. I worship nature, and am blessed enough to live in a place that is essentially nothing but nature. I live in a small mountain town in British Columbia of Canada, and the ancient and wild rain forests of BC are quite literally my backyard. I am never more than a ten minute walk from the forest. (Also, bonus points to those of you who may have noticed that I had positioned my hoop with the tree to try to symbolize the Tree Of Life.)

[​IMG]
    Here is a photo of my hoop collection thus far. Usually when one thinks hula hoop, one thinks of a cheap plastic hoop bought for a buck at the local dollar store. For professional hoop dancing, this is not so. Different hoops of various sizes, weights, widths, and of various materials do different things. Each one of these hoops is used for different techniques and tricks. Some are for on-body dancing while some (like that purple mini one there) are used exclusively for off-body tricks. Some hoops are for beginners (like the biggest one), and some are for experts (like the solid blue one and the semi-transparent one), and none of these were for $1 - in fact, most of these hoops range in the $30-$50CAN range, and there are some (that I sadly cannot yet afford) that even exceed $200.

[​IMG]
    And finally, the last picture I will share for now. This is yet another picture that holds more than one things of importance to me.
    Firstly, my dreads. I began my dreadlock journey a little over a year and a half ago, and it is one of the most incredible things I have done for my life. My dreads hold a lot of personal significance to me - my wild and free nature, my individualism, my witchyness, my chill demeanor, and my lack of cr*ps given to society's views on what is "normal". I have decorated my dreads with colourful hemp string, beads, crystals, and baubles, and sometimes feathers, to personalize them. Growing dreadlocks has taught me a lot about myself and about life in general. I honestly could go on for ages, but I will simply cite the most valuable lesson I have learned from them, and that is self-acceptance. The thing about dreads is that they are not perfect and they are not all uniform. Not a single dread is the same as another on one person's head, and everyone's dreadlocks are uniquely their own. When I started out growing dreads, I had envisioned them to be perfectly uniform, but that has not been the case. They have bumps and loops, and some are thin while others are thicker. At first I become obsessed with trying to make them perfect, but it was in vain, and I realized that my dreads were almost a symbolic representation of myself in my entirety - imperfect and flawed, but beautiful and unique nonetheless. This has helped me to begin the long process of undoing all the damage that has been done to my psyche by years of bullying, abuse, and societal pressure to be perfect, has helped me to begin healing and recovering, and even to re-learn how to love myself. (And yes, I DO was my dreadlocks. The idea of dreadlocks being unclean or that people with dreads do not bathe or wash their hair is a myth. Dreads cannot form with dirty, greasy hair.)
    Carrying on, two very important aspects of my life are visible in this photo - my septacle and my pentacle. The septacle is what some refer to as the "otherkin star", but prior to that, it was a pagan symbol called the faerie or elven star. To me, it represents magick, the seven chakras, the seven elements, and the universe and life in general. It's a very personally significant symbol, and I wear this necklace on my person at all times. I even have a septacle tattooed onto the inner side of my right wrist. The pentacle is also a very significant symbol, being that my spiritual path is pagan/druidic witch. I made this necklace myself and infused it with enchantments and spells. The goddess represents my connection to nature, and the moonstone is also symbolic. The green beads are actually "mood beads" which change colour with temperature changes.

Well, that is quite enough about me! I do hope that some of you will feel comfortable with sharing the various important aspects of your lives! I think it's important that we enjoy and celebrate our current human lives considering we are here and now, and since we generally talk about our nonhuman experiences and identities, I thought it would be cool to also share our human experiences and hobbies as well!
    I look forward to reading about you! :D <3

#1 Starborn, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
  2. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    11430107_939627909392274_8521313383344615225_n.jpg This is Charlie and I :3 He likes to rest his head on my shoulder and doze off <3 hehe

• Like Like x 19
  3. Starborn

Bones:
    Ƀ110.13
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Awwwwh, ohmygosh, you guys are so adorable! And you're both beautiful, as well! <3 Thank you for sharing! :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. AppyHeart

AppyHeart Equus Genus

Bones:
    Ƀ214.41
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Thank you~ I think you're beautiful too ~ le blush~ x3

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starborn

Bones:
    Ƀ110.13
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    Thank you! :D :3

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hibiscus

Hibiscus Hatchling
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ15.02
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    [​IMG]
    A picture that my girlfriend took of me.

• Like Like x 14
  7. Starborn

Bones:
    Ƀ110.13
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    @Hibiscus You're beautiful! And the others (in the selfie thread) are correct - you really do look like a lemur! <3

• Like Like x 5
  8. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Everyone's selfies look wonderful! Figured I'd throw some of mine in, as well, ha. I Took these today while out in the park across the street celebrating the 4th with some friends, ha. Don't really care for the second, but it shows off the harem pants I got from a friend at work that I am absolutely in love with. They are so freaking comfortable! Also, you can't very well see it in these photos, but I have a side shave and my eyes are actually a green. They look kind of muddy here, though, which is kinda upsetting. I think it's due to the odd smudge/shine to the photos. Anyhow, this is what I look like! No makeup and kinda gross from frisbee and swimming but I DID try to arrange my face so I didn't look like a super dork XD

img_20150704_182645_by_sl4ughtermelon-d8zyfbr.jpg selfie2.jpg

Here's a photo where you can see my eyes and my natural hair colour from back in my... senior? year of hs. This is also the 'original' girl/host of our system, Hana. We have some similar facial expressions, but I would never do myself up like that haha. Our personal tastes are very different. VEEERY different lol -

hana_01_by_devangelus-d67vglv.jpg

If anyone's interested I could try to look and see if I have any photos of any other system members to post. There's actually not very many photos of us in general and out of those, some members are more camera hog-ish than others XD Most of what I have are basic drawings of what we look like internally. I think there's another thread for things like that, though I think it's specifically for kin-self drawings? Idk, I don't personally consider our internal expressions, (though some are influenced by our kintypes) to be in that same vein //shrug

- Freyah

#8 Saoirse, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Cayto Ikooko Kan

Cayto Ikooko Kan Otherworldly Wolf-Man
    Elder VIP

WuffyBlue WolfSilver Paw
    Bones:
    Ƀ185.44
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    I'm no photographer but I love to get a good picture of nature, there's a lot of forest preserves where I live that I visit often. There even a small but nice sized woods in front of my house right across the road. Here's a few pics of the forests ect.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I love martial arts, I don't have many pictures of myself doing it but I have a couple from a demonstration I did at a festival this pass 4th of July(My bday).
    I look monstrous here XD
    [​IMG]

The poor boy lol. Don't worry he was alright.
    [​IMG]

Caught in the middle of a Shaolin form
    [​IMG]

Here's just a few random pics of me and other stuff.
    me in the woods
    [​IMG]

Shameful selfies (My eyes tend do this yellow white glow thing if there's a flash as can be seen in the last two)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some attempts at artsy photos
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Two pics of what I get to do at the wolf sanctuary. One pic is me nursing a baby raccoon the other is a British Colombian wolf pup.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So that's it. Wow that was a lot lol. Think I'm going to be making that pic with the wolf bracelet into my profile pic actually XD.

#9 Cayto Ikooko Kan, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 21
  10. Magic

Magic Netflix-blob
    Staff Member Guardian

Bones:
    Ƀ400.30
    Primary Identity:
    Polymorph
    @Cayto Your pictures are really great!

11. NatakuXeden

NatakuXeden Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.02
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    These were mostly taken last year as part of a tribal inspired photoshoot. It's the closest we've come to what Xeden actually looks like. Aside from the clothing (which is much more modern and obviously more female) this is pretty dead on for what he looks like when in his most humanoid form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. Kaliskar

Kaliskar Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ0.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    What the heck, I'll play. Interestingly enough, while looking at my pictures for this I discovered I tend to take tons of landscape pictures from my travels, but nearly none of myself. But here are a couple I managed to scrape up from the last year, oh and the last photo is of me in my early 20's (about 15 years ago).

IMG_2946.JPG

DSCN5221.JPG

20150701_112709.jpg

r5.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  13. Marz

Marz A very curious kitty
    Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a few random images!

• Like Like x 14
  14. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Not to creep or anything, but you're super freaking cute! I also really like that you openly wear your cat ears around - most people I knew back in school wouldn't have been brave enough to do it, so kudos to you! They also really fit and don't look out of place at all, haha.

15. Marz

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Creeping is welcome! I've often found myself creeping too so no worries!
    I have actually worn cat ears since I was in second grade, but I did not start wearing them out in public until the end of Senior year in high school. I get that a lot and I think that is the only reason why I get away with them hahaha. Thank you so much. You are quite friendly and adorable yourself!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Saoirse

Saoirse Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ14.33
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Glad creeping's welcome. I def do my fair share lolol I think that another reason why you're able to get away with it is that you're confident and comfortable in them and it's obviously not anything that you're doing for attention or the 'WOW' factor.

Gosh, thanks for the compliments in return! You seem very friendly, as well.

17. Matthew Quinn

Matthew Quinn House of Clouds System
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ-8.85
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    tumblr_nomhuf3UCt1r9oglto2_400.jpg tumblr_nolsubCihP1r9oglto2_250.jpg tumblr_nnfe3b3Z1I1r9oglto1_1280.jpg
    Yours truly!! These are some of my better selfies (I actually have more recent good ones [got new glasses] but theyre on my phone).

• Like Like x 4
  18. PerkyHedgewitch

Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ2.00
    Primary Identity:
    Elfen
    [​IMG]
    I took this photo yesterday right after I got my hair done :)

• Like Like x 7
  19. Rocket

Rocket Spawn

Bones:
    Ƀ1.50
    Primary Identity:
    Kitsune
    Just had this taken less than a week ago:
    [​IMG]
    I was planning to ride that bike up north, but nearly 700 miles is a trip better left for when I'm a more experienced rider >_>

• Like Like x 2
  20. Marz

Elder Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ46.46
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Awww I can't see the picture!