Little Addictions | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Little Addictions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marshall, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    We all have that little thing we are addicted to, whether it is chocolate or a certain game.

I have two tiny addictions, collecting pins and crystals. I largely work with crystals for spiritual purposes, so I guess it could be understandable that I like to collect them. As for the pins, I don't know why I love them so much. All I know is that I have over 40 in a tiny box and I can't stop buying them. They are just so small, cute, and unique!

What are some of your little addictions?

2. Akio

Akio Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ39.94
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I wouldn't call this a "little addiction" rather a "big addiction that takes all of my time" but close enough?
    Well, it is; Gaming.
    I'm a nearly full time gamer, nowadays working hard in Black Desert Online and also playing Overwatch.

And lately I've gotten a little tea addiction, tea is amazing.

3. Marshall

Marshall Magical Angry Furball
    FelineHiatus

White WingsBlack CatRainbow KitsuneChibi Cat
    Bones:
    Ƀ5,371.99
    Primary Identity:
    Other
    Mood:
    :noexpression:
    I get where you are coming from. I've played Pokemon so much I can name almost all of the Pokemon, can name any region based off of one detail, and can describe almost all natures, abilities, and typings.

Ironically, I have a sweet tea pin. Seriously though, tea is great.

4. Akio

Akio Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ39.94
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Pokémon is amazing. I, as many others, grew up with that. I'm loving it like mad, but I can't say I know all pokemons (except for the first ones) and I definitely don't know all regions and whatnot. So I guess I'm just a general fan. Really looking forward to new games though.

I just made strawberry tea, mmm.

5. St Claire

St Claire Void Walker

CrowBarghest
    Bones:
    Ƀ707.00
    Primary Identity:
    Spirit
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    I have dermatillomania, which is kind of like an addiction.

I am addicted to Coca-Cola. I've been trying to cut down for the sake of my health (and my wallet lol) with some success. I'm currently down from 4+ cans a day to 2 cans a day. I get headaches when I'm deprived from it, and everytime I don't have the money to buy it I tell myself "this is when I quit", but the next time I have money I just go and buy more :/

I also may have an internet addiction. Knowng that I don't have access to the internet, even if I wasn't planning on using it, is enough to send me into a rage or give me a major headache.

6. Anuolf

Anuolf Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ43.00
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I collect bottles, the older the better, but my favorite are blue or purple ones. I was getting a little overboard with acquiring bottles so I've limited myself to really unique/interesting or blue/purple ones that catch my fancy.

I also collect seashells and sea glass. I always say I'm going to do something with them, like a shadow box or a mosaic... but I never do. I find hunting for really nice shells and glass very therapeutic. Unfortunately for my fiance, he gets to find my seashell stashes all over tucked into places. He just recently rediscovered two bags of them in a car he hasn't used in a few years.

7. Maelifell

Maelifell Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ32.09
    Primary Identity:
    Multiple System
    Mood:
    :idontcare:
    Mini kitchen stuff. Like miniature plates and cups. And paper.... I don't know why, but I feel like I always have to have tons of paper available to me. Both for drawing and writing purposes. I have boxes of paper. I feel bad because that's not entirely good for the environment but its ...a little obsessive compulsive.

8. Oxalaia

Oxalaia Spinolion
    Staff Member Guardian Dinosaur

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,060.05
    Primary Identity:
    Celestial
    Oh dear I have a addiction to music and not a small one. Music helps me to cope with the problems of my PDD-NOS. Makes me forgot that I have it in the first place and let me enjoy a little moment free of it. It has a special place for me. Second addiction would be food. That is a little addiction but there isnt a day that I dont think of food.

9. Mirath

Mirath The Animus Master
    VIP Thoughtform Haven

Background Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ13,263.93
    Primary Identity:
    Fictionkin
    Mood:
    :confounded2:
    Does buying commissions of characters count? Because not a day goes by where either I'm buying something, discussing buying something with the artist, or thinking of things to buy and scenarios.

I could also say I'm addicted to online non-sexual roleplay, to the point if I get a good-enough partner, I wait enthusiastically for them to reply, to the point I feel a bit abandoned if they don't reply within a few days

10. DreamSpark

DreamSpark Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ68.36
    Primary Identity:
    Elemental

I'm addicted to Coca-Cola as well. I drink at least a 1liter bottle of Coca-Cola a day. I sometimes have extreme heart palpitations to the point where it feels like my heart is beating faster than a machine gun.

11. Elvode

Elvode Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ356.92
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    I'm definitely addicted to pokemon, like big time. :coldsweat2:
    I have plushies imported from Japan, only one is from USA, my favorite plush is my Life Size Mudkip! (it's life size!! :biggrin:) I have the limited edition Mewtwo pose-able figure from D-Arts with Mew included (imported from japan ;)), lots of small figures and cards, I have a pretty large cabinet with glass windows only for my pokemon collection for all my guests to admire. (It's probably just me who does.)
    I gave my Charizard D-Arts figure to my sister. (Also from japan :relievedface:)
    I've played every single pokemon game there is released today, I don't own them all but I've played them all.
    I also wish dearly for a new Gale of Darkness, the best games ever, I know all the shadow pokemon in both games before the girl tells me about it, I feel obligated to help those poor pokemon and open up their hearts! :firstimekiss:
    I also check every day for pokemon news and wifi events for my games. :1hearteyes::firstimekiss:

12. FaerieForged

FaerieForged Great Wyrm
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ5,032.36
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I have an addiction to stuffed animals. I have almost 100 now, I think. Over half of them I keep on my bed with me.
    I'm also addicted to jewelry. If I see something that matches my personal taste it's almost impossible not to purchase it.
    And sweets. I have a horrible sweet tooth (some of which comes from Blyte since he is Fae and fae LOVE sweets).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quxyun

Quxyun Floppy floppy noodle dragon of the sea
    Dragon

Bones:
    Ƀ673.77
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :)
    Magic the Gathering. It's such a fun game, it's a great hobby, but it is really expensive and addicting. I currently have about 5 or 6 decks built, one of which is my pride and joy commander deck, and I probably have several thousand other cards that aren't in decks at the moment. I have a playgroup that meets down at the game shop every wednesday, and we have a small fun tournament.
    I often make the joke that I am addicted to "cardboard crack", because that is more or less accurate.

I have pretty much been addicted to card games my entire life. When I was younger it was Pokemon, I had this amazing deck, it was a grass type deck and it was largely undefeated. I think that in the entire 5 years that I had that deck, it had lost 8 times, and I played with it pretty frequently. I thankfully skipped YuGiOh, so many balance issues there, don't want to get tangled in that mess, but then I got into Magic and that's what I have been addicted to since.

I'm also addicted to video games, but in a more lowkey manner than I was previously. Recently I have been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2, and that's pretty fun. MMO's are great time-wasters.

14. MechanicJasper

MechanicJasper Autonomous and Anxious Android
    Machines United!

Otherkin HeptagramVoice Key
    Bones:
    Ƀ1,108.47
    Primary Identity:
    Machinekin
    I have a pretty bad addiction to caffeine. Scheduling it has helped me settle it a bit, so improvements.

On a lighter note, I have an addiction to collecting little items. Mainly gemstones, fossils, and clockwork pieces.

15. Naresie

Naresie Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ74.13
    Primary Identity:
    Energy Being
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    Ahem, what is an addiction is probably my World of Warcraft habits.. But it is just so fun doing old raids, riding ones favorite mount, and feeling like there is always something to explore or do!

On top of that, I probably have a small caffeine addiction, but from what I have seen in others I think mine is of a slightly less severe nature.

16. The Observer

The Observer Hatchling
    SP Artist

Bones:
    Ƀ255.41
    Primary Identity:
    Human/Non-Kin
    Mood:
    :)
    I get obsessed with anything that is new and interesting to me, then get bored of it within a year or so. Example: Was obsessed with the Gorillaz band for said amount of time, and was basically all I listened to. After that, I hated the music for 6 months, and just now started listening again. (Don't burn yourself out on bands... mix it up, or you're in for a world of disappointment.)

17. portalcandies

portalcandies Wyrmling

Bones:
    Ƀ397.14
    Primary Identity:
    Polykin
    I've been on and off caffeine addictions for a long time. I'm trying to keep myself from getting that way again, because withdrawals are pretty irritating (thankfully caffeine withdrawals are largely harmless and cause irritability and headaches in a lot of people, myself included.) Otherwise, I just collect certain things (mainly dragons and crystals) and I may or may not be addicted to a certain type of energy work I developed...

18. Lowin

Lowin Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ184.23
    Primary Identity:
    Questioning
    I'm the same way about roleplay! I used to be part of a feline/canine roleplay community, but I was forced to leave due to a lack of free time and after my partners just kinda decided they were...done with me? I don't know, but I miss it. If you ever want a roleplay, I'm TOTALLY up for it!