Lucid Dreaming | Kinmunity: Otherkin Community

Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hopper, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Hopper

Hopper Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.06
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    So I was wondering how many of you guys are lucid dreamers, either naturally or through practice. I myself become lucid while dreaming from time to time naturally, and I have also been able to deliberately induce lucid dreams as well by using "reality checks." I plan to start practicing the WILD method of lucid dreaming. I've accomplished something like this before by mistake without realizing that's what I was doing, but have not achieved it on purpose yet.

So, do any of you guys lucid dream? If so, what method do you use? Or does it just happen? Also, how many of you lucid dreamers also meditate? I've heard that meditation will help to be better at lucid dreaming, although I myself meditate for different reasons.

2. Anoki

Anoki Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.27
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    I've had a number of lucid dreams in the past, although lately I have trouble simply remembering dreams at all. Not really sure what's going on in my head. I am interested in learning techniques to improve dream recall and eventually become lucid, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

3. Morgana

Morgana Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    This is something I am actually very interested in. I sometimes am lucid at the tail end of dreams, and can keep them going by making myself go back to sleep.

4. Hopper

Hopper Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ11.06
    Primary Identity:
    Therian/Were
    Anoki: That same exact thing happened to me for a while, where I just stopped remembering my dreams. I've fortunately started up again though. I'm not really sure what caused me to stop remembering them for a while, but I think it had to do with lots of stress and just not sleeping well in general. So maybe if you are waking up tired a lot you should try and change your sleep schedule a bit and see if you just need to get some more rest. I have also read online that keeping a dream journal and writing in it when you first wake up will help improve dream recall.

Morgana: I think I know what you mean. Is it kind of like sleep paralysis? I have had experiences where I have woken up from a dream only to realize that I am lying in my bed and can't move. From there I find I can either go back into the dream or wake up.

5. Morgana

Morgana Spawn
    Hiatus

Bones:
    Ƀ1.00
    Primary Identity:
    Angelic
    @Hopper a bit different. Sleep paralysis scares me and I force myself awake. With sleep paralysis something bad always seems to be happening to me as well. Terrifying.

This is more relaxing. I realize I am somewhat awake but don't put my reality in the real world, I chose to stay in the dream, even though I know I am in the dream. I also can adjust the dream slightly, then I go back into the dream and seem to fall asleep again, losing control of it. It happens really seldom, and the dreams are vivid when they do happen.

6. Draconi kratosus

Draconi kratosus Keeper of the Memory, Dream Interpreter

Bones:
    Ƀ20.85
    Primary Identity:
    Draconic
    Mood:
    :confused2:
    A technique for dream recall is to wake up naturally and not use an alarm, or if do use an alarm use a gentle one. Keeping adream journal is a good way to help remember dreams at a later date, but remember to fill it out as soon as you wake up.

• Like Like x 2